Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #15

Going to CW may just compound your problems. But, good luck with getting it fixed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #16

Test, always test.
Turn the valves off for the kitchen sink.
Disconnect the hose from kitchen sink
Put hose in small pan.
Slowly open valve to see if water flows.
If the water flows, it is a clogged faucet cartridge, has happened to me. The fawcett has to come apart to clean the cartridge. Actually pretty simple these days.

Sounds like a mineral clog.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Well CW Albuquerque was a total waste of time...we still have three years left on our extended warranty. When I called for an appointment for our heater I asked about staying on property and was told yes...of course it wasn't true and they suggested we stay at the camp ground next door as the warranty cycle takes time for all parties to agree on whatever is decided. I was also told about having the water system checked and that would begin at $124...so we didn't stay at the CW and on our way back home to Florida. I am going to call Thor to see if they might have that cartridge part or could assist in setting up another CW en route. I did watch youtube show explaining how to siphon the water in the water line which I will try tomorrow. I will keep you posted as to what we find out! Thank you!
Old 11-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
sitting in an rv park outside of Amarillo, had a great steak dinner and forgot about the water issue. Today we noticed the water dripping at the sink so we checked all the valves and removed the water filter and pressure gauge and the water dripped more so we let it run and now the kitchen sink has water...not great but water hot and cold. But the toilet still isn't flowing so...not totally okay but better!
Old 11-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Called Thor and explained the water situation and they couldn't help....but I did get a schematic. Going to try to suction the line coming from the sink...
Old 11-22-2017, 06:50 PM   #20

Beyond what has already been said, I think any further help would have to be hands on.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
You have a strange one there. Have you tried disconnecting any lines?
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:07 PM   #22

New Horizons Owners Club
If you have an outside shower or hand wash, check and make sure those valves are closed. I understand they can set up a bypass situation in the plumbing. Just a thought for an easy check. Good luck.
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:13 AM   #23
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Mine did this and the sprayer had frozen internally and broke No water unless I took the sprayer head off then only through that hose. Replaced the sprayer head for $10.00 at Walmart and all was well again.
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:44 AM   #24

Personally I would rather not have water flowing out of my kitchen sink, toilets or anything else for that matter.

If you are having and issue with the faucets then why not back trace the plumbing to find the cause?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
thank you all for your suggestions...we are managing to flush the toilet with the shower spray...kitchen sink and sprayer are working as well as the bathroom sink and shower...when we get to our winter place we will begin to troubleshoot by removing the toilet and go from there....water dribbles out the flusher in the toilet so it does seem like something could be blocking it like an air lock...Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 08:46 PM   #26

This so feels like a mineral clog, right now the sprayer on my kitchen faucet works great. But fawcett just dribles.

Explain to us how you winterized the rig the previous season?

I believe the water heater was just refilled, then did a mineral shot of scaling off the tank. And went right up into the first 2 appliances used.
1 - Kitchen sink
2 - Toilet

If the water flows from device valve into a container, but not through device. That is a mineral clog. 2nd, if the supply tube to the toilet has a screen on the end of it clogged with minerals, just rip it out with a pair of pliers. As a toilet does not need a screen in a half inch plumbing line. It has much bigger post fish to fry.

You would not have to remove the toilet, just disconnect the water supply. Open the flush, then blow compressed air back the other way to clear it. Then reconnect the water supply, turn on and test.

A Lot of talk about air compressors on a rig, let's see one go to work.

Or the hail Mary pass, 1 gallon of Zep CLR, pumped through the winterizing hose, to blow up everything, and rip the plumbing open.Immediately flush!!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Williams Az temps dropped below 32; next morning we had the water issues
Old 11-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #28

Just getting below freezing outside for one night is nothing but a cooinkidink (sez Ziva). Of almost everyline that can freeze, the terlit supply line is probably the least susceptible (probly). There are many other lines that are in a weaker position to freeze, plus if a line that freezes but doesn't burst shouldn't have a flow issue after it thaws.

Tags
water