Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
No water coming out of our kitchen sink or sprayer

we were camping at the Railway Campground in Williams Arizona. Temps fell to near freezing our first night, In the morning no water flowed from the kitchen sink. The bathroom shower and sink worked fine. Thought maybe air got into the line and it would work itself out.
one week later still no water in the kitchen and now the toilet won't fill!
We have an appointment with the CW in Albuquerque NM. Our propane heater stopped working so we have been using a space heater. The propane hot water heater works fine.
Any suggestions about the water? It won't flow on city water or using the pump in the kitchen and toilet but works in the shower and bathroom sink.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #2

First thing I would do. check to screens. If those are not clogged I would undo the hose to see if you're getting any pressure under the sink. Maybe it froze and broke loose some sediment

Old 11-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #3

Have you looked under the sink? My kitchen sink has the spray nozzle as the spigot. I've had the hose twist around underneath, pinching itself off. Simply untwisted the hose - water flow returned just fine! ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggenrock View Post
Have you looked under the sink? My kitchen sink has the spray nozzle as the spigot. I've had the hose twist around underneath, pinching itself off. Simply untwisted the hose - water flow returned just fine! ST

Also, Make sure that the flexible water lines that allow the slide to move are not pinching also.

If the temps only fell to "near freezing" or below freezing for only 3-4 hours, freezing shouldn't have occurred.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
thank you...we checked screens and no problems. sprayer hose is not kinked....slide hasn't pinched the water lines...read about a vacuum lock? we did see a connector under the sink floor but didn't know what it was and didn't want to mess with it...
too be continued!
Old 11-12-2017, 02:03 AM   #6

I am trying to work this out in my feeble mind.

The lack of water in the kitchen sink, is it both cold and hot, or just one?

Do you still have both in the bathroom sink?

Do you hear any rush of air when you open the faucets?

When you are using onboard pump, are you turning off the city water?

When you open a faucet with the pump on, does the pump start like it wants to pump?

Just as a wag, has the onboard water filter been replaced?

The only valve I know of internally should be a check valve to prevent city water from entering pump.

Depending on your answers, my next step would be cracking fittings open to see if there is flow even reaching the spigots and foot valve on the toilet. If you do try that, do it on pump with somebody manning (or womaning) the pump switch.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:53 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the kitchen faucet is the "Pull out" type where the faucet head is also the sprayer there is a check valve in teh base (Where the hose attaches to the head) I've seen them clog.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
I am trying to work this out in my feeble mind.

The lack of water in the kitchen sink, is it both cold and hot, or just one?

Do you still have both in the bathroom sink?

Do you hear any rush of air when you open the faucets?

When you are using onboard pump, are you turning off the city water?

When you open a faucet with the pump on, does the pump start like it wants to pump?

Just as a wag, has the onboard water filter been replaced?

The only valve I know of internally should be a check valve to prevent city water from entering pump.

Depending on your answers, my next step would be cracking fittings open to see if there is flow even reaching the spigots and foot valve on the toilet. If you do try that, do it on pump with somebody manning (or womaning) the pump switch.
thank you...no hot or cold from the kitchen facet. Today I used a bucket and lowered the sprayer which is separate from the sink and I got a drop or two when the pump is on. Nothing flowed into the toilet. The bathroom hot and cold and the shower hot and cold are still working okay when the pump is on. We are not connected to city water because the toilet would drip even with the pump off and eventually fill the bowl. we have an appointment at CW Tuesday...I'll keep you posted!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
If the kitchen faucet is the "Pull out" type where the faucet head is also the sprayer there is a check valve in teh base (Where the hose attaches to the head) I've seen them clog.
Thank you but the sprayer is mounted separately on the counter top. Facet typical goose neck.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
got to a campground near CW.. drained the fresh water tank, blew out the lines. Turned the city water on and the situation is still the same!! Shower and bathroom sink working fine. Kitchen sink and sprayer a drip here or there. (Soaked the sprayer nozzle in CLR)
no water...and the same thing in the toilet.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #11

Is there a filter in the line at the Kitchen sink? Could be plugged? Maybe the toilet is plumbed after the Kitchen?
Bringing her back to her glory.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #12

Thatís weird I have no suggestions but Iím interested in whatís going on. Let us know when you find out.
Good luck and safe travels
Stever53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #13

Good luck with Tuesday. Not being there and not being able to see and hear everything makes it harder to chase gremlins.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Thank you for all your suggestions...we are managing....using a bucket for the flushing and filling the dish pan with the shower head....

Tags
water