Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Even my supposed luxury class coach has noisy a/c ducts. The a/c themselves aren't bad, but the crappy ceiling air intake and circulation ducts make any air movement obnoxious. It's poor duct design - some coaches do a much better job of it. A friend's late-model Newmar Essex is reasonably quiet and even another pal's 2004 Holiday Endeavor is noticeably quieter than mine inside.

I've often wondered by the RV and a/c manufacturers don't get togther and agree on a new standard ceiling opening for a/c's. Continuing to utilize the old 14x14" vent opening for both a/c inlet and exhaust makes the air delivery job a tough one. It made sense to use the vent opening when roof a/c's were a rare option, but now just about every RV comes with at least one a/c. Time to get the design into the 21st century!

For awhile it looked as though basement a/c was to be the new RV standard, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside now. Nobody is building coaches that use it and RV Comfort Systems has stopped making basement units for RVs.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #16

I look at it like this...it's an RV...If I wanted all the luxuries of home life...I'd stay home.

When cramming a whole S&B house worth of amenities into a rolling box on wheels...some sacrifices must be made

Think of all the positives your RV has over your S&B house?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283
I look at it like this...it's an RV...If I wanted all the luxuries of home life...I'd stay home.

When cramming a whole S&B house worth of amenities into a rolling box on wheels...some sacrifices must be made

Think of all the positives your RV has over your S&B house?
Good point and perspective
Old 10-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #18

My roof AC is ducted forward and aft still makes a hell of a racket. If I run my window AC (Draws less that che coach AC) and place a tower fan I can sool the entire coach. The stove vent I'm going to replace with a server cooler fan. 120mm or 200 mm they move a lot of air, run off 12DC and are quiet. The bluew LEDs in it remind me I've left it turned on. If yo don't want the Blue LEDs just cut one leg of the LED wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Ranger! {{{{Hugs!}}}} How is your Jin & Lady doing? I miss you on the border collie Boards! don't go there much myself anymore.... MartySQ and Bess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oops... not lady... I don't remember her name, the rough collie....
From All About BCs. Yes I do remember.. {{{{Lots of big hugs}}}}}} I don't go there much either. Eileen doesn't like my posts so moderates everything I say.

Unfortunately Abby crossed the Bridge from a spinal injury 2 years ago. I still miss her. She was the Perfect Dog. My disability got worse and I am now divorced. That's the down side.

On the up side. Jin has become an outstanding service dog, has a fan club on Facebook and I've also trained him on geese clearing. There's videos of him at work and play on Youtube and I've been invited to be an contributor and course designer at Service Dog Schools. Wait I forgot something...

Oh yeah, I'm a full timer in an RV currently in Tempe AZ. Also a member of Escapees RV and Good Sam clubs. And lastly I'm looking for another BC.

FYI the BC rescue board changed addresses. If you want it let me know.

Good to hear from you again, maybe one day we can actually meet. Give Bess a hug for me.

I now return the topic to the forum. LOL

FB: Adventures of Ranger and Jin
desertranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I'm on the other side of the coin...
actually like the continuous sound of the ac or at least one fan to mask the outside noises...
tried the auto setting on the fans and the change from quiet to fan startles us out of sleep...

our dog can hear 10 times better than us, so if anything NEEDS addressing he'll let us know and SHAME on anyone that tries to get into the rv !
Old 10-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #20

There is another way to look at it. We are all the commanders and crew of self contained and mobile life support modules. We have all grown atuned to the noises tht are always in the back ground. How many here an tell if a pump or fan is gong bad by it'a sound? As a teen and in the USAF I wrote scifi. I always pointed out in the first chapter that a spaceship is anything but quiet. There are always noises on a ship from blowers and pumps to the artificial environmental noises played in the background in the background. We live in such ships.

FB: Adventures of Ranger and Jin
desertranger is offline   Reply With Quote