Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #43

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planocat View Post
Don't understand why CG owners don't enforce the rules. ...
At a privately owned RVPark it is because the paying customer that is currently occupying a site carries infinitely more weight than the unknown future customer reading a bad Yelp review. They would rather keep the current customer happy, and hope that they return again. As for complaining neighbors, they must pay for their stay according to the signed contract anyway. So as long as the "security staff golfcart" makes an appearance, they have done their job.

I have only ever seen State and National Park rangers actually kick out people from a campground site in order to enforce the rules.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Shock collars are not cruel, only the people that misuse them. We have raised Labs and done field trialing. To get the perfection that produces a Field Champion requires the use of a collar. The human trainer needs to be well schooled in its use and the dog needs to be conditioned to the collar and what the trainer is trying to accomplish. Some dogs are not able to tolerate the pressure a collar places on them and in inexperienced hands you can ruin a dog. Strict obedience training should include come, sit, down, heal and no! Tell me, if you think shock collars are cruel do you also feel it is wrong to crate your dog?

rfsod48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
Love your Jack!! We have had 2, they sure do have a mind of their own!
Old 05-28-2015, 10:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
I have only ever seen State and National Park rangers actually kick out people from a campground site in order to enforce the rules.
If you meant to say "I have NEVER seen..... then I can assure you that it does happen. As volunteers in state and national parks we've seen folks kicked out because of not following rules.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
IF YOU HAVE DOGS, I THINK IF YOU GO TO THE NEIGHBORS AND ASK THEM TO LET YOU KNOW IF YOUR DOGS ARE BOTHERING THEM AND MAYBE EVEN GIVE THEM YOUR CELL # IT IS JUST GOOD CAMPGROUND COURTESY.
You are to be commended, but you are diffidently in the minority. The people that we've been next to just Glare at you when they return. They know dam well what their dogs do. A guy in a class B with little dogs told me when we asked them not to leave there dogs all day in HOT camper as they constantly barked.
He said "we're going to be here 5 days, deal with it !
Lady friend of ours told a guy with two dogs on 15 ft leaches, That she wished he would shorten them as they were scaring her and the rule was 6 ft. He said, "will you can keep wishing" !
But I'll tell you, the smart phone and ipads are having a positive effort on sorry campers. I never approach a fellow camper about their behavior with out having my phone on and recording.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:14 AM   #48

"Why are there so many cranky old farts in RVs who are always looking for something to complain about ? Relax. You'll live longer."

I'm not surprised that at least one person had this opinion. Maybe people are getting cranky due to others' bad behavior.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #49

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I have a pair of Weiner Dogs, and they bark at just about everything that wiggles.

When we are with them, they behave better, and they've learned we don't like it when they do it in our ear.... but when we are gone, I have a feeling they sit in the window and bark at everything that moves.

So we leave the air running, the radio on, the tv on... something, anything to block outside noises, and I would NEVER leave them in a pen outside, they would freak out and bark and at every single thing that moved anywhere near by - they might bark at nothing at all!

It's like they just can't help it, it's in their blood.

Now when we are there, we put them on leashes and let them chill outside with us, but that never lasts long because they wrap up around EVERYTHING... and I've got them trained to only check bark if something is really approaching... they are pretty good, but alone, they bark like nuts.

Silly owners, they KNOW that about their dogs..... if they own weiners, they know it.
I used to dog sit a little dachshund and it didn't take me long to break him of his incessant barking when people would walk by my mobile home. Yes, some breeds bark more than others but that doesn't mean they can't be trained.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #50

This is a common problem that is only properly enforced by the CG mgt.
After 40+ years of camping and RVing, I have determined it is just one of those things that I tolerate. I can tune-out just about anything!
But we will move just to change the outdoor wallpaper, so.....
You can pound yer fists til they turn pink, but you ain't gonna change the way people are.
Be happy!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:28 AM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by padre44 View Post
Done it
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:37 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
At a privately owned RVPark it is because the paying customer that is currently occupying a site carries infinitely more weight than the unknown future customer reading a bad Yelp review. .
We both have different opinions about that, and that's OK.

IMO, we search for reviews and pay attention to the negative remarks in order to learn whether they might pertain to us or not. "too far from the lake", or "bath-house was dirty" don't affect us, but things like loud kids or dogs or locals that live in the park and fire up their pickups at 5AM have a bearing on whether we'll stay there.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
We both have different opinions about that, and that's OK.

IMO, we search for reviews and pay attention to the negative remarks in order to learn whether they might pertain to us or not. "too far from the lake", or "bath-house was dirty" don't affect us, but things like loud kids or dogs or locals that live in the park and fire up their pickups at 5AM have a bearing on whether we'll stay there.

Yes! Reviews.
We filter out the dregs like "there were too many people on bicycles" or "too dusty" (it's in the desert). But we DO pay attention to the real negatives...and positives.
rvparkreviews.com
Allstays
Many more
Happy Trails

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #54

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsod48 View Post
I totally disagree. Kids are just as much a pain in the ***. Both children and animals need to be controlled. I don't expect you to have to deal with my problems and I don't want to deal with yours.
So if you can make the leap from my statement about " kids having fun" to kids being unruly, obnoxious bear bait then maybe you are one of those old farts people talk about. Why else do you brings kids camping to have some excercise, run, and play, or sit around in chairs glaring at everybody that walks by and minding everyone else's business.

Expecting kids to be totally quite while they are on "vacation" is unrealistic. Expecting to not have your hearing blasted by unattended dogs and clueless owners is realistic.

BTW I have owned many dogs in my life.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
Barking

GACAMP I am neither an old fart or mean spirited. I have two fine young sons who know how to respect the rights of others. Having fun and playing is natural for children but that can be done without infringing on others. Many parents are lacking in the upbringing of their children because they do not spend the time to teach right from wrong. If you are the type that allows your children to act unattended that is your choice. As I said I don't expect you to deal with my problems but ask that you show me the same curtesy and not let your problems affect me.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #56

Kids (as well as adults) can laugh, play and have fun using a voice level that's respectful and not objectionable at all. I don't think anyone is expecting silence from their neighbors. The trouble enters when they have not been educated or supervised regarding "indoor" voice levels vs. "outdoor" voice levels..... that there are times and places where each are used.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to relate this concept to the dogs. They're generally stuck in "outdoor" mode.