Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #1

Noisy dogs

Just spent 4 nights at an RV park we had previously been to. Big sites and quiet. On our 3rd day there a motor home pulled in two sites down. Out came 4 weiner dogs down a ramp and into a pen the people put up outside. Every time anyone came past all the dogs went nuts barking. I finally spoke to the owners of the site who spoke to the people. However, nothing was changed - dogs still out and barking. Another instance of inconsiderate people and management that won't enforce their rules. We won't go back there again.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2015, 08:29 AM   #2

We had a problem with two barking dogs while in FL. last winter. Everytime the owners left, the dogs would bark non-stop while in the coach. As soon as the owners came back they'd stop. I mentioned it to them, and they said their dogs don't bark unless someone comes to the door. I asked how they would know if they were gone? The woman was getting a little PO'd when I insisted they DID bark non-stop. So the next time they left, I started my little recorder. When they returned I walked over with the recording playing to prove it was true. They thought I was rude to do what I did, even asked me to turn down the volume so we could talk about it. I said now you know what we've been going through. Anyway, they left two days later. I really don't think I got through to them at all.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by padre44 View Post
Just spent 4 nights at an RV park we had previously been to. Big sites and quiet. On our 3rd day there a motor home pulled in two sites down. Out came 4 weiner dogs down a ramp and into a pen the people put up outside. Every time anyone came past all the dogs went nuts barking. I finally spoke to the owners of the site who spoke to the people. However, nothing was changed - dogs still out and barking. Another instance of inconsiderate people and management that won't enforce their rules. We won't go back there again.
Recommend you include the lack of attention to the noisy dogs in a review of the park on RV Park Reviews, also on Yelp.

These are the sorts of experiences that a campground guide can't give you, and are important for people making a decision on where to stay. Let others know.
HoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:06 PM   #4

I totally agree about including this in a park review. It's one thing for parks to have rules & another thing for them to enforce them. I also appreciate a park that is proactive and acts before someone has to complain. I'm sure park employees hear complaints when they try to enforce their posted rules, but they need to know that there are plenty of us that appreciate the enforcement that they may not hear from. And I would certainly hope the parks are keeping a good eye on the reviews they receive.
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #5

Done it
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #6

Don't understand why CG owners don't enforce the rules. Last year had a guy who walked his dogs and let them do their business on a part of our site. I told CG owners and they did nothing. It continued and after a couple of days, I took our pooper scooper and returned the deposits to the offender's site each time it happened. He confronted me upon my next delivery and I told him he could count on me to return his "property" every time it happened. I'm sure he just took a different route and continued his obnoxious practice but at least it became someone else's problem.

I sent an email after the trip and expressed my disappointment in the CG owners not dealing with it. I'm sure I'll need to give a refresher course this year as that type of pet owner won't change.
Planocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:55 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planocat View Post
Don't understand why CG owners don't enforce the rules. Last year had a guy who walked his dogs and let them do their business on a part of our site. I told CG owners and they did nothing. It continued and after a couple of days, I took our pooper scooper and returned the deposits to the offender's site each time it happened. He confronted me upon my next delivery and I told him he could count on me to return his "property" every time it happened. I'm sure he just took a different route and continued his obnoxious practice but at least it became someone else's problem.

I sent an email after the trip and expressed my disappointment in the CG owners not dealing with it. I'm sure I'll need to give a refresher course this year as that type of pet owner won't change.
I put it on their step when they let there dogs go in my site
rollingslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:31 PM   #8

I had a fellow that let his dog mess beside my rig mornings and evenings, when I asked him to stop his dog from this he said it was natural for dogs to drop it wherever they needed to and it was just mother nature at work. The next droppings I picked with a doggy bag available from the office, rather than fold the bag in I used it to carry the crap to his rig, put some behind his door latch, behind left and right latches on his toad and the rest on his windscreen with the bag tucked under a wiper. He packed up and left after throwing a tantrum when I told him it was my "natural" defense mechanism to do this. They walk among us and breed........................
Old 05-25-2015, 01:56 AM   #9

People who let there dogs bark disturbing others are idiots, park owners that do nothing are the same type of idiots, Unfortunataly we share this place with THEM, it will take time for nature to eliminate this type of person. From the general look of things, I'd say a couple of 100,000 more years. The dog **** story, not sure if it was the right way to handle things, but I liked it....
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:17 AM   #10

I think all CGs should have a section for dog owners. It would be so easy to create. This way everyone is happy.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:23 AM   #11

I get it but separation is not the answer. The percentages of disrespectful dog owners are in low ranges just as those rv'ers who play there music or talk ungodly loud, party until the wee hours, walk through your site or have unsightly rigs. Unfortunately you can't always pick your neighbors... It's the luck of the draw in most cases. But I do agree that the management should investigate and address all valid concerns without haste.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:12 AM   #12

We were staying somewhere in a state park (PA. maybe?) where not only did they have a section for dogs, they charged extra for dog owners to stay there. I asked why, fully expecting them to say it was due to the extra "maintenance" required. Sure enough, that was the reply. So I asked "does that mean I don't have to pick up after them"? Pretty sure you know the answer I received to that question, so not sure about the logic behind the extra charge. There were no special dog related facilities of any kind - I asked!

IMHO, barking dogs can be compared to noisy kids. In both cases, if you aren't used to them, you are not likely going to enjoy the experience. In either case, their owners/parents fail to see the issue... they're used to it! If the topic is brought up, YOU will be on the defensive, seen as the offender....
Old 05-25-2015, 05:24 AM   #13

Everybody loves their dogs and kids including me, but the both need guidance nobody to blame but the parents.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:43 AM   #14

American Coach Owners Club
Kids having fun at a campground, what they are there for, and dogs barking incessantly are two entirely different things. Dog owner's that refuse to admit that their "children" mis-behave and campgrounds that don't enforce rules just encourage the behavior.