Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
Do you have to remove the fridge in order to find the date it was built? I found the serial number inside 973327FB and the model number which is the 1200 LRIM, but the date of being manufactured in Sidney, Ohio I am not sure. Is it the number that is under Group Code 10904?

Another serial number appears on the outside which is a Cu1338444.

I notice that the serial number on my Norcold is lower then the starting 2002 manufactured 1200 LRIM refrigerators. Does that mean that my refrigerator was manufactured before 2002 and does not fall under the recalled Norcolds? It seems like the recalls started with a serial number 999,

RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #16

The model# & serial # is on the door of the refrigerator. Mine was inside the opened right side door. Just copy that and call Norcold. they will tell you if you need the "fix" installed. I think the danger is real, so a good idea to talk directly with Norcold to find out how you stand.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #17

I read on the internet news they other day they just settled
Old 10-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
FYI - I just received a Class Action Lawsuit notice regarding the Norcold Refrigerator. The notice involves various models (1200, N6, and N8 series) with the below manufactured dates;

1200 series - Between January 1, 2002 and October 1, 2012
N6 and N8 series - Between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2013.

The lawsuit claims the above mentioned refrigerators "share a safety related defect in the cooling unit which, in certain circumstances, cause the boiler tubes to corrode and leak flammable gas, exposing customers to the risk of fire."

My 2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE has the N6 series refrigerator.

Go to www.NorcoldClassAction.com for further information.
I had a Revolution 2002 year of manufacture,which was imported to the uk,my norcold refrigerator caught Fire and the coach written off is there any point getting in touch with norcold? Any advise would be appreciated
Old 10-31-2016, 07:01 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
I had a Revolution 2002 year of manufacture,which was imported to the uk,my norcold refrigerator caught Fire and the coach written off is there any point getting in touch with norcold? Any advise would be appreciated
I'm not a lawyer but would guess Norcold is "lawyered up" as they say on TV. I would consider consulting your own lawyer. The firm in the class action might not handle individual claims.
HD4Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:00 AM   #20

I would go to the class action website:
www.norcoldclassaction.com for info. They have settled with one group, but there is another group that has not done so. It may be too late to join the first group. There is concern that Norcold could just declare bankruptcy over this. Good luck.
PS: We chose not to join, because these things tend to be more for the lawyers than the "claimants". Norcold installed the "fix" on our unit and we're good so far. The danger was/is real though.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:13 PM   #21

Thanks for your advise .
Have a great day
Old 03-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #22

Norcold has closed the phone number. We r looking at a coach that has the 4 Door Norcold. In a 2005 coach if it needs to be replaced I guess I have do it. It has the 1200 #ser 700000-13085759 can't find a thing bout it at all
Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmantwo View Post
Norcold has closed the phone number. We r looking at a coach that has the 4 Door Norcold. In a 2005 coach if it needs to be replaced I guess I have do it. It has the 1200 #ser 700000-13085759 can't find a thing bout it at all
Might be a consideration for the price you offer. See if the recall has been done and if the cooling unit has been replaced. I would try to get enough off the price to replace it with a residential.
HD4Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #24

Thanks we walked away was not cause of the Refrigerator.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:52 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
When i read the posts on various threads about Noricold this and that i consider myself very lucky. Our 6 month old new to us 2009 Thor Magellan with a Noriclod N821 had documentation from the original previous owner that a recall wasn't necessary for the fridge. We took a few trips and at a 8 or 9 setting the freezer and main stayed at 3/36 deg. Now still concerned about safety i did the ARP (automatic refigerator protector) that adds a better level of protection and with the addition of their fans brought my fridge down to a 4 setting and temps at -5 and 31 deg.

I wouldn't trust Noricold's recall to protect my unit and us in the MH.
2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 31'
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
When i read the posts on various threads about Noricold this and that i consider myself very lucky. Our 6 month old new to us 2009 Thor Magellan with a Noriclod N821 had documentation from the original previous owner that a recall wasn't necessary for the fridge. We took a few trips and at a 8 or 9 setting the freezer and main stayed at 3/36 deg. Now still concerned about safety i did the ARP (automatic refigerator protector) that adds a better level of protection and with the addition of their fans brought my fridge down to a 4 setting and temps at -5 and 31 deg.

I wouldn't trust Noricold's recall to protect my unit and us in the MH.

Nine setting is too high. A refrigerator like the Norcold 1200LRIM like the one on my coach setting is at six and the refrigerator is at 34 degrees.
Freezer is minus zero. Ice cream stays solid as a rock.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #27

Norcold Model 2117IMSSD

I hope this is the right way and place to post this. I have a Newmar Essex 08, with a Norcold Model 2117IMSSD that stoped working, first, did not recognize the electric when available, but seem to work better when hooked up, LP was working, but not cooling very much. After a week, nothing was working to cool. I am now told that the mother board and the cooling system is no longer available. Does any one have any insight or a solution beyond a total replacement???? Iirish2 thanks for any suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarsrv View Post
I have the exact same issue as ibw6303 , in my 2004 Endeavor .
The first sensor switch was installed in 2013 . It recently tripped out shutting down the fridge . I was able to reset it with a magnet on previous trips but not so this time.
I assumed there was a law suit in progress as Norcold was so uncooperative in sending me a replacement sensor . i have to take it in to a dealer for inspection before they will ship out the part .
So its a CYA by Norcold , in the meantime customer service sucks !!
Old 04-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #28

Norcold recall

Quote: "I hope this is the right way and place to post this. I have a Newmar Essex 08, with a Norcold Model 2117IMSSD that stoped working, first, did not recognize the electric when available, but seem to work better when hooked up, LP was working, but not cooling very much. After a week, nothing was working to cool. I am now told that the mother board and the cooling system is no longer available. Does any one have any insight or a solution beyond a total replacement???? Iirish2 thanks for any suggestions "

I believe that this thread has to do with a Safety recall by Norcold for a free "fix" to be installed by them to eliminate a fire hazard in a particular model of theirs. The symptoms you describe are similar to those that happen when the "fix" fails as it has done for many of us. So, the first question has to do with the "fix" ---- Is Your refrigerator one of those deemed in need of the fix and has it been installed? If so, Norcold is obliged to "RE-fix" it. Your "motherboard" could be just fine. It depends on whether or not yours is in the "recall set". A call to Norcold with your Model # will tell you if you have a unit needing the "fix", or if it was installed before you bought your unit.
If not, Then the you may be among the bunch of folks who may all very well be suffering because of the "collateral damage" that class action suits often bring about. That is that Norcold could very well be suffering & hovering near bankruptcy. They may be discontinuing products and parts and you'll have to install something different, or find a used part. by now you at least know that I'm not a fan of "Class action suits" because they help few beyond the law firms who bring them, Companies oft go bankrupt and the rest of us are left holding the bag.

Tags
class a, norcold