Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #85
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 48
Thanks for all the updates and keep em coming. We are leaving in few days, later than originally planned, but going anyway. Can't wait to get across the border.
__________________

__________________
Hoghead
2010 Itasca Suncruiser, 37F, W24
Hoghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
scenic route's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,767
Stayed in McDonald Provincial Park last night with the front of 'Squeaky' not more than 20 feet from Muncho Lake. The turquoise waters very much reminded me of the Caribbean and the relaxed atmosphere. Our windshield was filled with two snow capped peaks that reflected one another in the lake's mirror and served as focal points for the mountains that seemed to encircle our site of silence.

This settlement of tranquility was a rightful ending to a visual palate of nature's endless bounty...three moose, five black bears gorging themselves on the tender stalks of dandelion not more than 20 feet from our stopped RV. We could smell them and hear their munching as ever roving eyes seemed to be looking for the next savory stem before the one's they had were ripped from the ground. A proud looking Big Horn sheep with head lowered - curved horns ready to do battle with our 22,000 pounds of heft should we dare to invade his guarded zone. A small herd of Stone Sheep milling about nipping at the sparse grasses and minerals as some nursed this season's young on an impossible slope.

All seemed to be right in the world and it was indeed a privilege just to view all of this bounty backdropped by endless forests, ravaged by the greenest of green. Swift running streams, rushing to escape the majestic mountains from which they came, to give life to all that they pass.

As all of the day's events passed before my mind's eye, I was at peace and quite content while standing before Muncho Lake's grandeur - the birds calling above the rustle of the leaves in the bracing wind...all of which seemed to be in approval... Some days are just better than others. Safe travels. Bob
__________________

__________________
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #87
Member
 
USMC_Wife's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Stayed in McDonald Provincial Park last night with the front of 'Squeaky' not more than 20 feet from Muncho Lake. The turquoise waters very much reminded me of the Caribbean and the relaxed atmosphere. Our windshield was filled with two snow capped peaks that reflected one another in the lake's mirror and served as focal points for the mountains that seemed to encircle our site of silence.

This settlement of tranquility was a rightful ending to a visual palate of nature's endless bounty...three moose, five black bears gorging themselves on the tender stalks of dandelion not more than 20 feet from our stopped RV. We could smell them and hear their munching as ever roving eyes seemed to be looking for the next savory stem before the one's they had were ripped from the ground. A proud looking Big Horn sheep with head lowered - curved horns ready to do battle with our 22,000 pounds of heft should we dare to invade his guarded zone. A small herd of Stone Sheep milling about nipping at the sparse grasses and minerals as some nursed this season's young on an impossible slope.

All seemed to be right in the world and it was indeed a privilege just to view all of this bounty backdropped by endless forests, ravaged by the greenest of green. Swift running streams, rushing to escape the majestic mountains from which they came, to give life to all that they pass.

As all of the day's events passed before my mind's eye, I was at peace and quite content while standing before Muncho Lake's grandeur - the birds calling above the rustle of the leaves in the bracing wind...all of which seemed to be in approval... Some days are just better than others. Safe travels. Bob
Bob, not much longer and I will be headed up to Alaska. I lost myself in reading your post and could stay in the ever so beautiful picture you have just painted. This thread is getting me so excited about my travels, keep posting ya'll
__________________
"I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me." -Lee Greenwood
USMC_Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Port Orange, Florida
Posts: 251
love2rvtravel, we are going to be in FT Nelson tomorrow. Where are you at this time? Larry will be in the same area.

Tom
__________________
mga60tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #89
Member
 
Catch and Release's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Woodlands Texas
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga60tw View Post
love2rvtravel, we are going to be in FT Nelson tomorrow. Where are you at this time? Larry will be in the same area.

Tom
We are spending the night at the Triple G campground tonight and we are moving on to Muncho Lake for 3 nights tomorrow. Big caravan here tonight.
__________________
Retired, Twice!
I do nothing and I do it very well!
Catch and Release is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #90
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 12
We arrived in Fairbanks today for 5 days.
Will be in Denali for 5 days after that. Don't miss top if the world highway and Dawson city. Road was ok for us , go slow.
__________________
love2rvtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Port Orange, Florida
Posts: 251
Made it to Fort Nelson today. Will spend 2 nights at Triple"G" across from the visitor center. Place is not full but it is only 3. sites are fine and we have full hookup with cable and wifi FREE. The drive from Dawson Creek to Fort Nelson was 300 miles and the roads were good with just a few rough areas. Only took 6 hours and was fine. Do stop for fuel when down to half full as there are only a few stations open, and they do have diesel at 1.46 a liter. We thought we would see a lot of people with campers heading this way but probably 10 or less. Hopefully we will start seeing more tourists heading to Alaska. Could this be a slow tourist year because of the economy?
__________________
mga60tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #92
Registered User
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Varies Depending on The Weather
Posts: 8,517
We did the trip to Alaska and then back to California last summer, 2010. We traveled the Cassier Highway north in May and returned via the Alaskan Highway south in late September. I spent two months visiting each son, one in Anchorage and the other in Fairbanks.

I hope some of you Alaskan travelers have stopped or are planning to stop either on the way up or back at the Liard Hot Springs Provincial Park. That is also right dab in the middle of wild Buffalo country. We were there in September with a significant chill in the air so those hot springs were a welcome sight.

Also, if anyone plans to stop at the Sign Forest in Dawson Lake BC, my SIGN is visible from the road as you go by but you would have to know exactly where to look. It is the standard Alaska Gold Rush license plate, Blue, Yellow & White with Black Lettering that reads DR4FILM. It's actually an Alaskan Commemorative License Plate as the standard license plates only allow 6 characters.

We will be returning to Alaska in the spring of next year, 2012, to spend another summer with my two sons and their families. We will run the Alaskan Highway north in the spring and return on the Cassier Highway in the fall so we will then have traveled both highways through the two different seasons.

Our 2012 trip to Alaska will start from Flagler Beach Florida this time and cut across the country to cross the northern border someplace into Alberta. We will leave Florida sometime after the beginning of April and spend 6 weeks motoring to Anchorage. Have to be there when the schools close around the third week of May as we will be Camper Host's for the two months while visiting my older son. My granddaughter's school is only two blocks away from their house.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
__________________
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
scenic route's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2rvtravel View Post
We arrived in Fairbanks today for 5 days.
Will be in Denali for 5 days after that. Don't miss top if the world highway and Dawson city. Road was ok for us , go slow.
Thanks for the TOTW hwy. update. We are in Whitehorse spending our last night in Hi Country RV Park before heading to Dawson City. We plan 3 or 4 days there before heading to the TOTW. How was your Yukon River ferry ride? I heard it can take up to 3 hours to get boarded.

After taking a stone hit and ding to the passenger windshield several days ago, we were a little leery about taking the Top of the World hwy, so again, thanks for your post...good to know it's still in good shape. Additional comments on the TOTW would be appreciated. Bob
__________________
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 650
thanks for all info. just left mich heading your way.i hope u's don't mind a lot of ? heading 12 weeks out hope the dw can stand me . burning fuel any info would be kind.
safe travils bob,linda & missy
__________________
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
OLYLEN's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Olympia, Wa
Posts: 2,342
Hey love2rvtravel I'm sitting in Riverview, think it's #137 Holiday Rambler with 4-runner on trailer be here for a week.

LEN
__________________
2004 Clss C 31' Winnebgo
OLYLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #96
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 12
We are sitting in Campground Services RV park in Watson Lake. Heading for Whitehorse tomorrow June 20. We may boondock one night before getting there. It depends on how the drive goes. Anyone behind us, gas at Contact Creek is 0.06 cents cheaper and propane is 0.29 cents cheaper than Watson Lake.

Rexhall Aerbus..Saturn Vue in tow.
http://www.mytripjournal.com/LarryDianaAlaska2011

LARRY-CURLY
__________________
LARRY-CURLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Port Orange, Florida
Posts: 251
Larry,We are heading to Watson Lake tomorrow for 2 days. Then to Whitehorse, all going well but the price of fuel 1.42 liter in Ft Nelson. Thanks for the info

Tom and Suzanne
__________________
mga60tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 650
thanks for all info.heading your way good post keep them coming thanks.
safe travles bob,linda & missy
__________________

__________________
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
North to Alaska 2011 Catch and Release iRV2.com General Discussion 8 07-24-2010 05:54 PM
North To Barrow, AK DriVer Winnebago International Travelers Club (WIT) 0 08-04-2009 08:06 AM
Driving in North Georgia without going into the hills Dogman635UT Navigation, Routes & Roads 2 05-09-2009 09:09 PM
Alaska Volcano Poised for Huge Eruption DriVer Just Conversation 2 08-26-2007 02:11 PM
North & South JC2 RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories 4 02-06-2007 05:52 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.