Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #1

North to Alaska

We are heading to Alaska May 26 from the east coast. We plan to be in Banff, Jasper area about June 2 and start for home about mid August. If anyone shares our timeline, would like the company.
love2rvtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
were hoping to leave first part of june from mich.can't wait we like going slow and smell the roses.what kind of fishing pole and tackle should we bring?doing alot of planning and getting mh ready.
safe travels bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Just may see some of you on the road. We are in Wa and heading north around the 15th of May. Slow and EZ is our pace, only about 200 miles a day. Plan on boondocking a lot and if the place seems good may stay 2-3 days before moving on. Although I have several bear or other animal conflict management tools I want to pickup a short 12 ga. and was wondering if anyone knows if one can take a handgrip or folding stock into Canada.
OH! Forgot we do use the gen as needed but do respect quiet hours, but how do you tell as the light stays on.

LEN
Old 03-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #4

This looks like a good resource to use regarding your shotgun:

Taking Guns Into Canada – Information for US citizens taking guns into or through Canada

Have fun. We are going to go next year come hell or high water
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #5

Also going to alaska 2011

We will be leaving from Arizona the middle of May. Our plan is to be in Banff the middle of June. We are also going slow and easy with a day to day agenda. This is our first trip after retirement and we want to enjoy the fact there are no time constraints. We would love to have some company to share our experiences with. Saw another discussion on another tread about meeting in Dawson Creek around July 1. Not sure where or when I read that one. Open for discussion......
LARRY-CURLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #6

Alaska 2011

I think we will be in Dawson creek about June 5-6. We are traveling slow too, no reservations except possibly the Marine Highway from Skagway to Prince Rupert and flight seeing. Anyone taking the Marine highway and stopping at places along the inside passage?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #7

Alaska Fishing

My husband is the fisherman, but there is lots of fishing info in Alaskan Camping (Church) book as well as Alaskan Highway (Brown) book.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #8

3688 miles from where I'm at. Can't drive that much.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #9

Love2rvtravel, that's sounds like a great trip!!

My family and I made the reverse trip eight months ago, from Alaska to Houston...an unbeliveable trip.
souprman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #10

I did Alaska in 2008. I crossed into Canada the 2nd week of May and crossed back into the USA the 3rd week of Sept. I did not linger in Canada. I still did not have enough time in AK. It was great and beyond my wildest dreams.

And you think the gas prices are high this year???
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #11

Well, I lived in Alaska for over 30 years and have become accustom to high prices. The average gas price in Anchorage, right now, is $4.20 per gal for reg. unleaded and expect to go up this summer. Outlying areas such as Homer, Seward, and etc. could be as high as $4.80 per gal...diesel will definitely be above $5.00 per gal. We won't talk Canada...you could surely go poor with their fuel prices.
souprman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #12
ccc

We are in Buffalo,Wy headed to Alaska. Intend to cross into Canada at Lethbridge and on up.
We left South Lousiiana on Ap 20 and are staying just behind the snow!
Having a great time, doing the national parks along the way.
We also plan to leave Alaska by Sept 1 and will follow a different route from the one on the way up.
CCC

p.s. From La to Alaska is 5,000 miles but the way we are going it will be more!

Evergreen RV Owners Group
ccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc
We are in Buffalo,Wy headed to Alaska. Intend to cross into Canada at Lethbridge and on up.
We left South Lousiiana on Ap 20 and are staying just behind the snow!
Having a great time, doing the national parks along the way.
We also plan to leave Alaska by Sept 1 and will follow a different route from the one on the way up.
CCC
You can save a bit on gas prices here in Canada by gassing up at the First Nations gas stations on first nation reservations
Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguyfromcalg View Post
You can save a bit on gas prices here in Canada by gassing up at the First Nations gas stations on first nation reservations
Here's a listing of some of the reservations I found. Canada is WAY big so even at almost 200 locations, they could be well spread out. Still, I'll give them a try if we see any. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote