Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #15

Howdy!

GoodSam ERS stiffed us with a $2,000.00 towing bill on a trip to Alaska. We now have Coach Net and have used them on two occasions one last year in Newfoundland, and received great service.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #16

We have AAA roadside assistance and insurance always recieved good service.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textronics View Post

After the 4th of July fiasco, I wrote to Good Sam to let them know we were not pleased. Our concern was sent up line where we finally got a phone call from them today. First, they had the audacity to attempt to justify leaving us & telling us to sleep on the side of the road overnight on a US Highway (70 mph speed limits) by saying that it was possible there was no service available in the area. Say, what? I might have swallowed that if AAA had the same trouble finding a tow truck, but that was not the case. AAA delivered.

Where was not only the towing service, but the concierge service that Good Sam promised? After a stern talking to from my husband, we asked for a refund. They will consider giving us a pro-rated refund. Consider!!??!! I think I need to figure out how to file a BBB Complaint. Oh, and I promised them I would let all my friends & acquaintances know how they respond to a roadside call for assistance. So, yes, we pay more for AAA. It's SO worth it when it comes to action. "In theory there is no difference between theory & practice. In practice, however …"

If anyone has filed a BBB complaint or has advice, please let me know.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear of your issues with Good Sam. You might consider posting on RV.net forum; there is a section called "Dear Marcus" that is monitored by Marcus Lemonis and his minions. You can take your issue directly to the big cheese! RV.Net RV and Camping Forum ? RV, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome, Camping and Campground Information Good luck to you.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
Wow I guess I better look at something different also.
I'M not happy with GS heck I haven't gotten my card from them in a year.
Keep saying it's on the way.. It's coming by "snail mail" actually.

Thanks for heads up sorry for your troubles.
that's hard to believe.I buy good sam and iam in Canada and I get my new cards weeks before the old one expires ? seems odd
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, I did a little investigating at the BBB. Coach Net had 3 complaints in 3 years. AAA had 3 complaints in 3 years. Good Sam had 48 complaints in 3 years. I also filed a complaint & asked for membership refund of for them to pay a year at their competitors.
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Don't hold your breath in regards to getting any refund.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Sorry to hear of your issues with Good Sam. You might consider posting on RV.net forum; there is a section called "Dear Marcus" that is monitored by Marcus Lemonis and his minions. You can take your issue directly to the big cheese! RV.Net RV and Camping Forum ? RV, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome, Camping and Campground Information Good luck to you.
Thank you for the link. I have posted there. We'll now see what they choose to do about it.
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #22

Our first and only attempt to use Good Sam service was in Yellowstone NP. The GS lady never heard of Yellowstone and was indignant that we might expect her, a Bostonian, to know. We walked to a service station near the campground. They fixed our problem. They told us later that they received a call about us so perhaps our exchange with the lady had some effect.

We have been Coach Net now for 6 years. Good Sam, the "money-grubber", only has value for the discounts at camping world and camp grounds.
DickReid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textronics View Post
Thank you for the link. I have posted there. We'll now see what they choose to do about it.
Looks like you got a response from "Marcus's Rapid Response Team." I hope they help you out.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
Terrible GS story. We've used GS once when they towed the MH into Spokane to a CAT repair facility. Our experience was exceptional with GS staying in touch with us the whole time. But, we do have towing on our AARP Hartford insurance which they offer at no charge that I will always have available as a back up. It's difficult to depend 100% on just about anything these days.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #25

Personally, I don't see the need for GS to refund a FULL membership, because you did have it for a certain amount of time.

Second, I have feedback on GS extended warranty service.

A customer of ours has GS for a warranty and needed a new roof A/C unit. When we told them the price of the A/C unit, he checked, and said he can only pay for $XXX.XX amount, maybe $150 short of our retail, which is normal retail price from Dometic. When asked why, he said that's what Amazon sells it for! So, being a small business, we can not compete with Amazon at all, so the customer was left paying the balance that GS didn't cover, because they wanted to be cheap.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #26

as far as the towing...I worked for a tow operator in Northern AZ for a few years ( a few years back). We had become the "exclusive regional" GSRA provider for a 6 month "trial" period, provided we could cut our rates by 50% for the trial. So the owner agreed, and we got lots of calls...provided lots of service.

After the 6 months was up, and it was time to renegotiate, we asked for our original prices (plus or minus 10%), they cancelled us as a provider and called a friend of mine with a small tow company.

Guess what happened to him after the 6 month trial!

They went through every operator in the area, pulling 6 months of deeply discounted service, before we ( the local operators) all had a meeting, and agreed upon the fee schedule we would charge them...as "out of network providers". Everyone stuck to their guns, and charged full price for about a year before GSRA called in an operator from Phoenix ( with 4 hour wait times), and yanked their chain for 6 months. When I left the industry and the area there was no contracted GSRA provider who was local to Northern Arizona.

So ....yes...they leave people stranded. But now you might have some insight as to why there are no tow companies who are willing work for them in certain areas.

Just my experience, and 2 cents.

Probably never going to have a chance to "drive" a Boeing, so I bought an Aerbus!
jeepthrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Howdy!

I posted the problems I had on RV.NET and got and imediate contact from them on the post stating to send them my contact information in a private message and they would like to talk to me regarding it. I sent them the private massage with contact information as requested and they stated someone would be contact me. Its been a month and a half and no contacts yet. Seems they are quick to reply on their froum to look good but thats about it, and they ever aswer anyones question are request on the forum. Good luck and don't hold your breath waiting on them.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would get your group of tow agencies together and have a little meeting with the attorney general or the state insurance commission. Get several groups together from a few states and now its federal. Somebody might be willing to listen. If thats their practice, no wonder they can't find anyone to tow customers vehicles. Problem is nobody will take the time to pursue it and they go about business as usual.