Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On the positive side, I received a written apology in the mail today. That's certainly a step in the right direction.
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had Coach Net or GS ERS for over ten year. Never had a need to call them knock on wood.

Those with less that satisfactory GS ERS experiences need to stand around the GS vendor tables when at FMCA and GS Rallies and share your experiences with fellow RVers.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
We have GS ERS but haven't used it...yet. I've certainly been reading about a lot of problems with GS....right from the operator to the tow service. I don't know what to think...Based on what I read I have no confidence that things will be ok if I need them. I read DW some of the stories and she was shocked. "Should we try Coachnet?" she asked. Probably....There are people that I pay close attention to on this forum and more than a few of them have coachnet.....I have 6 months left of GS ERS. I am likely going to switch over.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #32

Have had Coach-Net since I purchased our motorhome in 2001. Always have had the least expensive towing plan with them which is more expensive than other brands of towing plans. Have had to call them three times, once about 10 years ago, 5 years ago and then last November. The first time I was able to talk to a motorhome tech and he got us back on the road without any visit. The second time they sent a mobile tech out. The third time we were in the mountains 65 miles east of Anderson California. Our cell phone would not work but there was a closed for the winter service station with a phone booth about a mile away. Coach-Net sent a a very large Kenworth tow truck with a lift that held the front wheels. He took our motorhome to the nearest repair location which was a Cat repair location in Anderson. I asked the driver what the tow was going to cost Coach-Net, he said $1200. I am keeping Coach-Net!
rvndonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvndonm View Post

Have had Coach-Net since I purchased our motorhome in 2001. Always have had the least expensive towing plan with them which is more expensive than other brands of towing plans.

I asked the driver what the tow was going to cost Coachnet, he said $1200. I am keeping Coachnet!
You may want to take a closer look at the three plans, Limited, Basic and Premier to make sure you are covered for the types of service that you think you may need.

Limited now only covers ONE towing event up to 75 miles and one other type of roadside service for the entire year.

If it were me I would change your plan to the Premier and be fully covered regardless of what happens and what vehicle you are driving.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I filed a BBB complaint. I noticed Coacnet had 3 complaints in 3 years, AAA 3 in 3 years, & 48 for GS in that time.
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #35
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Sorry your experiences have been less than adequate.

I found this direct contact MarcusVIP@GoodSamFamily.com

I have the GS Premium Road Side Insurance.
I've only had to use it once for a flat tire change and it was a good experience. Tire company was at my coach within 1/2 hour.

I would have to think there are others with similar good stories.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 PM   #36

Dr4film

That's interesting, I have always gone to my account on the Coach-Net website. I did not know they had three different plans available. My plan is called the Gold plan and costs me $109.50 a year. It appears that it has the same coverage as the plan called Basic for $89. I will be giving them a call to find out what gives!
rvndonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:45 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Back in 2010 when I first signed up with Coach-Net they had three also, Silver, Gold & Platinum. I had the Platinum level. However, when my 3 year contract was up and I went to renew they had changed things around and also changed some of their coverage's so to get the same I signed up for the Premier.

Coach-Net has come out with a FULL family of different coverage's for anything and everything regarding your RV, tires, glass, extended service, etc. It's called Coach-Net Protect.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #38

As with most things you can read horror stories about all of the roadside assistance services. I dumped coachnet after my one and only time I used them. Pretty similar story as the OP has about Good Sam. Ironically we were camping next to a couple that had just had a horrible experience with AAA (iirc) and they were looking at switching to coachnet. Personally I think your experience depends upon the area you get stuck in and who the contract providers are there.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
Coach-net!!
My choice as well