Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2015, 07:00 PM   #29

If someone buys a mh with a loan, they often pay quite a bit more for it and end up upside down.
========
I have some questions for hal1phx:

Because I don't understand someone's point of view or I think differently...that means I find it personally objectionable???

Do you consider me crazy or assume I think others are crazy simply because they think and do differently from me or you???

Why are you assuming I'm not part of the group??? I may not be a full timer, but is this forum only for full timers and for those who think alike???

Why are you qualified and I'm unqualified??? Did I fail to pass some secret, insider admission standard??? Do you feel I have nothing to contribute???

Why must I look for nuggets in stories??? Are you looking for nuggets???

Why must your dreams make sense to me and mine to yours???

My gosh, there are a lot of different rvs out there and ways to use an rv, aren't there???
=========
Yes, I'm here because I have an interest in RVing and learning about it and sharing my knowledge with others, solving my problems and helping others solve theirs.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'm not LeeSusan, but I will say that iRV2 is for ALL RVers, not just full timers. LeeSusan is probably here for the same reason I am here; we have an interest in RVing.
point well taken ... however, was not the question pointing to FTers ???

certainly did not mean to offend

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSusan View Post
If someone buys a mh with a loan, they often pay quite a bit more for it and end up upside down.
========
I have some questions for hal1phx:

Because I don't understand someone's point of view or I think differently...that means I find it personally objectionable???

Do you consider me crazy or assume I think others are crazy simply because they think and do differently from me???

Why are you assuming I'm not part of the group??? I may not be a full timer, but is this forum only for full timers and for those who think alike???

Why are you qualified and I'm unqualified??? Did I fail to pass some secret, insider admission standard???

Why must I look for nuggets in stories??? Are you looking for nuggets???

Why must your dreams make sense to me and mine to yours???

My gosh, there are a lot of different rvs out there and ways to use an rv, aren't there???
=========
Yes, I'm here because I have an interest in RVing and learning about it and sharing my knowledge with others, solving my problems and helping them solve theirs.
Wow ,,, I am very sorry ........ by no means did I or would I assume anything .... just trying to understand where you were coming from ... and stating some views ........ please disregard my question and again my apologizes ..

Our Blog
Old 03-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #32

It just seems there is a lot of good here when we simply share our viewpoints.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
It just seems there is a lot of good here when we simply share our viewpoints.
Yep.. and I like the six degrees of Kevin Bacon that some of likened to Sadam Hussein in a spider hole. Lol.

This probably belongs in the full timer section - rather than general discussion - but even then all sides are welcome.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #34
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'd just like to know how you got your entire a/c and heat system replaced for $6,000 Joe??? We paid over twice that 4 years ago, and in Houston it is worth every penny.

As for full-timing, it's definitely not for everyone. I don't care about investments good or bad; if I did we wouldn't own an RV at all. That said, I love to leave on a trip, and I LOVE to come back home.

Our RV is fun, but if we sold it tomorrow I wouldn't really care. Our home... we're keeping. HVAC repairs and all.

Sarah, that was the cost of replacing the outside unit and the air handler inside. The duct work was good. That's the going price around here!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:33 PM   #35
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hey folks, I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest here! This is getting out of hand! We all have a right to feel differently about things and to express those differences, but let's don't attack each other!

We're all part of this wonderful world of RV'ing! Let's just shake hands and let it go before more feelings are hurt!

An old saying I have when someone says or does something that I disagree with is: I just "FIDO" it...."forget it and drive on".

Goodnight folks!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #36

For us it is the entire lifestyle package. We have ties to people, not places.
The simplicity is devine: what we ain't got we don't need!
We had careers and a period of nesting, investiture, collecting, decorating, and then there was divestiture (coming out of the cacoon) that included having a "picker" bargain on all of the stuff that had served me well and owed me nothing, and still got paid for the stuff!
Now it is a simpler, more dynamic life, an adventure of the highest caliber....that is not fit for everybody.
We are not the "park in one spot each for winter and summer" folks. The oyster is too big for us to just have 2 more "homes".
Our circle of friends spans the continent, and is 10 fold what it was.
And we see more of our extended family now than ever before, and for longer periods.
But it ain't for everyone!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #37

iRV2 No Limits Club
YES!! and I am also begining to smile in my sleep. This (tiny) house is MUCH more easy to live in than a big ole rambling house for this disabled soul. I did not sell my house, now that seems like a smart move as one of my grandsons is living in it.
And I still have a good supply of purple ice cream and happy meals.
WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #38

Quote:
I find it very difficult to believe that most people having funds available to afford both a stick and bricks home and a full-time quality motor home would chose to not continue owning both unless it is an issue of being too tight on funds to do both.
I think you need to talk to full-timers to find out their reasons before making a statement like this. We've met folks full-timing from all walks of life - doctors, lawyers, teachers, store clerks and everything inbetween. When we all get together we never talk about what we had or don't have. We talk about our experiences by full-timing. That's the key.

We've full-timed for 16 years, traveling constantly and volunteering quite a bit in national and state parks. It was the most awesome experience you could imagine.

Our grandchildren grew up during our full-timing years and now they are envious with all we've done. They have never missed out by us RVing. We were there for their important school activities, sports, first day of school, their plays, birthdays and holidays. We just traveled to their homes for these events and sometimes flew in. We took them on trips with us and sometimes they traveled to us.

When we started we were in our early 50's and debt free, including the 2500 sq ft house full of 'stuff' that we thought we needed. Our first winter trip of 3 months after being 'downsized' from our jobs was enlightening. We met so many extremely happy full-timers and quickly realized that 'stuff' owns you. On our way back home we stated "we were gone for 3 months with this small 27' travel trailer and didn't miss a thing back in the house". We sold everything within 3 months and took off with no regrets.

We knew we wanted to travel so why keep the house? As it turned out, after the chance of living in our RVs in so many gorgeous areas, we knew we didn't want to return to our home state. Can you imagine the storage fees for 16 years if we had saved the 'stuff'? We bought a small 1100' sq ft, very reasonably priced townhouse in a state we wintered and it came completely furnished in décor to fit the Southwest area. It's in a 55+ community with lots to do and we're still young enough to do things after seeing our beautiful country. 23 former full-timer friends have now moved to the same area so we have an instant social friendship and we would do anything to help one another.

As far as stopping full-timing because of medical reasons - there are many out there that see no need to stop. You can get any kind of treatment living in an RV as you can living in a S&B. In fact, it's so much easier to recoup in an RV because of the small area to get around. We've had multiple surgeries, including cancer, and living in the RV was no problem. We know folks on dialysis, without limbs and other serious issues but they continue to RV. Anything can be done.

Bottom line, most full-timers do it not because they can't afford both an RV and a S&B house. They do it for the freedom and experiences to be had.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I think you need to talk to full-timers to find out their reasons before making a statement like this.

We've full-timed for 16 years, traveling constantly and volunteering quite a bit in national and state parks. It was the most awesome experience you could imagine.

When we started we were in our early 50's and debt free, including the 2500 sq ft house full of 'stuff' that we thought we needed. Our first winter trip of 3 months after being 'downsized' from our jobs was enlightening. We met so many extremely happy full-timers and quickly realized that 'stuff' owns you. On our way back home we stated "we were gone for 3 months with this small 27' travel trailer and didn't miss a thing back in the house". We sold everything within 3 months and took off with no regrets.

We knew we wanted to travel so why keep the house? As it turned out, after the chance of living in our RVs in so many gorgeous areas, we knew we didn't want to return to our home state. Can you imagine the storage fees for 16 years if we had saved the 'stuff'? We bought a small 1100' sq ft, very reasonably priced townhouse in a state we wintered and it came completely furnished in décor to fit the Southwest area. It's in a 55+ community with lots to do and we're still young enough to do things after seeing our beautiful country. 23 former full-timer friends have now moved to the same area so we have an instant social friendship and we would do anything to help one another.

As far as stopping full-timing because of medical reasons - there are many out there that see no need to stop. You can get any kind of treatment living in an RV as you can living in a S&B. In fact, it's so much easier to recoup in an RV because of the small area to get around. We've had multiple surgeries, including cancer, and living in the RV was no problem. We know folks on dialysis, without limbs and other serious issues but they continue to RV. Anything can be done.

Bottom line, most full-timers do it not because they can't afford both an RV and a S&B house. They do it for the freedom and experiences to be had.
Hey gypsies... you know how I'm doing - on one leg - crutches and a scooter!

Hoping to lose the weight working at a desk 30 years put on me (well - I let it) so I can get back in prosthetic leg...

Drivin the DP is a breeze. We still have that silly climate controlled storage unit. If we don't find a place like you did - watch for it on storage wars... lol. Actually Annie is still partially owned by some of her treasures. and I say that's fine with me.

Maybe a bigger motor home - a condo - a hut on a beach - who knows. But being debt free and having money in the bank is a great feeling.

We move into this site Friday morning... because some has the one we're in reserved... and we've opted to stay longer... it's pretty here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1427249792244.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	89490   Click image for larger version

Name:	1427249857483.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	89491  

Old 03-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey gypsies... you know how I'm doing - on one leg - crutches and a scooter!

Hoping to lose the weight working at a desk 30 years put on me (well - I let it) so I can get back in prosthetic leg...

Drivin the DP is a breeze. We still have that silly climate controlled storage unit. If we don't find a place like you did - watch for it on storage wars... lol. Actually Annie is still partially owned by some of her treasures. and I say that's fine with me.

Maybe a bigger motor home - a condo - a hut on a beach - who knows. But being debt free and having money in the bank is a great feeling.

We move into this site Friday morning... because some has the one we're in reserved... and we've opted to stay longer... it's pretty here!
What they hey...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1427250803233.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	89492  
Old 03-24-2015, 09:36 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hey folks, I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest here! This is getting out of hand! We all have a right to feel differently about things and to express those differences, but let's don't attack each other!

We're all part of this wonderful world of RV'ing! Let's just shake hands and let it go before more feelings are hurt!

An old saying I have when someone says or does something that I disagree with is: I just "FIDO" it...."forget it and drive on".

Goodnight folks!
You stirred nothing my friend ..... it just got to personnel and serious ...
certainly not your fault ....... I for one shud have just let it go ;.; my bad

Our Blog
Old 03-24-2015, 09:43 PM   #42

Flaggship1: Good to hear from you and that spot looks terrific. Have fun!

twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fulltime