Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #1

NuWa Industries Inc. downsizing?

My wife and I are contemplating a new RV, and Hitchiker was one on our list. Tonight I found this on the NuWa website. They plan to cease production during Jan, Feb, and Mar, 2013 because of low orders. Reading further it sounds like continued operations are questionable for the future.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I seem to remember this being posted a while ago too.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
My wife and I are contemplating a new RV, and Hitchiker was one on our list. Tonight I found this on the NuWa website. They plan to cease production during Jan, Feb, and Mar, 2013 because of low orders. Reading further it sounds like continued operations are questionable for the future.
Here is a statement released by Mike Mitchell, CEO and Owner of NUWA:

Extending time to order a new HitchHker to Oct 1st

The number of people wanting to order a new HitchHiker since the announcement of production termination is greater than I expected. We have several couples out there still attempting to visit the factory or decide specific equipment needs for their new HitchHIker. I'm traveling for the next week and am not at the factory to face to face assist customers, and some of sales staff have been to the Kansas State Fair manning our display. So I feel that giving more time to people to order is the right thing to do, while we continue to monitor the market and make decisions at NuWa. So for those of you beginning to panic about ordering a unit, take a deep breath. As long as you understand that orders now placed will most likely not complete until after the first of the year, we will accept your order through October 1st. Beyond that date I will not speculate, and don't want people to start getting their hopes too high, as I'm not sure that conditions have or will change enough to warrant a change of my decision. I am pursuing a thought process of providing expanded service for 5th wheel owners of all brands at NuWa, as I feel we have the facility, skills and reputation to be a one stop service shop for the hundreds or thousands of 5th wheels owners out there, who might be frustrated with their trailer, dealer or manufacturer. We know how to fix suspensions, glide rooms and all aspects of reseal of an older trailer. Whereas in the past we viewed service as a non profit support need for our customers, I now realize all of this experience also makes us a natural to seek and expand the business of repair and add on equipment for 5th wheel trailers. We'll see how this discussion goes with staff.

Michael S. Mitchell, CEO, NuWa Industries
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

It sure doesn't sound promising for the continued existence of Nuwa as a manufacturer. That's a shame - they build a good RV.

But if I wanted a Hitchhiker, I don't think I would let this stop me. There is very little about any trailer that could not be repaired or replaced somewhere else as long as you have a fundamentally well-built RV. And Mitchell's statement implies they will be around to do warranty work.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #5

Regardless of what happens, we have decided to move away from a high-end 5er. We are now considering a used MH like monaco, newmar, etc. The overall purchase price will be in the same ball-park. I posted this in the RV industry forum because it seemed to fit here better, just like all the threads about MH mfgrs. here.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote