Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Obama's new ride

Have you seen the latest? Obama's new ride costing $1.1 million!! Wonder who they are trying to kid? Any new Prevost (for sale to the public) is over $2 mil! Add in bullet proof, bomb proof, rpg proof and all the electronics - - $5 mil probably wouldn't touch it.
Again, Who is kidding who?

Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
4 "girls" (3 Irish Setters - Retriever)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Be it a Republican or Democrat, I don't care how much they need to spend to develop the confidence required to protect the leader of the free world...glad he's an RV'er also!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
This is his new campaign bus. It's hardly RVing.

The first hit on a Google search is from ABC Australia, Obama's campaign bus hits the road - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It talks about the $1.1 million cost; maybe that's what the secret service paid for the security mods only. A search of the ABC CBS and NBC web sites show articles more about the bus tour than the bus itself. This is a political tour, funded by the taxpayer according to the ABC US and other sites. President Obama Launches Bus Tour Amid Republican Criticism - ABC News

I'll leave it to the political pundits to discuss whether money like this should be spent... but... clearly this is not RVing.
Rick P. '03 Dynasty
Old 08-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
It is more like "fly in to the local airport and take the fancy bus to the party" kind of tour.

They've all had their gimmicks.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
Country Coach Owners Club
I agree . . . DH said it probably cost 1 million, and I said no way, what with the bullet proof glass and all that. Then it supposedly costs $1.1 million? Nah. Take the most expensive coach you can think of, then add money to it to make it "worthy." And they also said that the GOP candidate will travel in one of those. Anyone know who manufactured it?
John & Cathy Lamb
45' Marathon XLII
Old 08-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #6

Candidates, not presidents, take bus tours. Plus, there sure isn’t any history of this president wanting to hobnob with middle America. The bus tour will be immediately followed by a vacation! Who's watching the store? They ALL should get to work and save the campaign for closer to November.
It would be nice to travel like that.

Here is some info on those busses. There are TWO of 'em!
Story here
Old 08-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #7
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Gotta love it Bama Bus and Air Force One in the same pic.
P30, 454 ENG, TURBO 400 TRANS
Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
Thor Owners Club
Originally Posted by Firstpoet View Post
Be it a Republican or Democrat, I don't care how much they need to spend to develop the confidence required to protect the leader of the free world...glad he's an RV'er also!
Watch this post...I bet it turns ugly....but thank you for a sensible, true post. I'll keep watching... can't wait......Peace D
Dickson and Tracy
2016 Thor Windsport 31S
2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 08-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Owners Club
maybe he should start working and stop campaigning,,,,,thats not ugly just truth
07 Itasca Ellipse 40fd, 2014 Honda CRV, greyhound lab mix, pit pointer mix(RIP bessie) , shar pei mix, stupid cat, wife
Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They aren't telling about the ROLLING road blocks this is going to have in front of it or the fact he will be riding this as FAST as it can go. Any road or overpass that crosses his path will be blocked at least 30 min before he arrives. We had this the last time he came to town and pretty much shut the city down. Now he is coming back here just to hop on his plane and fly away. Then they will drive RV ONE back to where ever they store a 10 million dollar BUS. How much do you think this whole show is going to cost having police blocking EVERY overpass and side road for hundreds of miles?
1996 GulfStream Conquest 31feet May 2011
1984 SouthWind 27feet loved for 6 years
1 Wife 6 Kids
Old 08-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
His other ride
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	obama ride.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	369.1 KB
ID:	12954  
Old 08-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #12
All this for a three day bus tour, and I was one who voted for him
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
I think I get it, the 2.2 million is for use of the two busses, for the campaign cycle. This figure is much too low for the actual cost of the busses.

Wonder where they'll be auctioning them off at the end of campaign season.
Rick P. '03 Dynasty
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #14
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was looking at the pictures. It is hard to tell from the paint job but it appeared to be either a Prevost or an MCI by the configuration. I assumed that the $1.1M quoted was the modifications after the basic bus purchase. Because those types of buses have an integrated construction technique, I doubt that they can just have armor plate bolted on. According to one of the news sources reporting on them, "they" (I'm assuming that there is more than one) were ordered back in January.

I just confirmed that new Prevosts are $1.2+ when commercially available. We'll probably never know the real costs of these buses.

2000 Georgie Boy Landau 36' DP
2005 Saturn Vue toad
Closed Thread