Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why don't we install a bunch of ozone generators down at the South Pole with their outlets pointing up? We can replenish the ozone layer that way...

Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Dimes View Post
Personally I've been disappointed in the tone of some of the responses to this thread. Seems unusual for iRV2 folks.

Makes one think twice before posting something he may think will be useful to others.
Agree.

Dog Patch...thanks for sharing!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
Why don't we install a bunch of ozone generators down at the South Pole with their outlets pointing up? We can replenish the ozone layer that way...
LOL! Ya know, I've actually wondered about that!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 06-14-2012, 03:24 AM   #32

Solo Rvers Club
We have to remember that everything is dangerous in California i bought a sheet of cabinet grade plywood the other day and it was stamped 'This product is known to the state of California to cause cancer" good thing i live in Missouri it doesn't cause health problems here darn those people out there must have weak immune systems makes you wonder how there is anybody left !
Old 06-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #33

Yeah. I heard the other day that breathing causes cancer.

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 06-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #34

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsteve65 View Post
We have to remember that everything is dangerous in California i bought a sheet of cabinet grade plywood the other day and it was stamped 'This product is known to the state of California to cause cancer" good thing i live in Missouri it doesn't cause health problems here darn those people out there must have weak immune systems makes you wonder how there is anybody left !
Actually, most plywood, particle board, carpeting, etc. does contain carcinogens, most notably, formaldehyde, easpecially when new, which has been proven to cause cancer from prolonged exposure. Many people, including those from Missouri, are very sensitive to the effects of formaldehyde fumes, even in trace amounts, often to the extent they can't live or work in newly constructed buildings unless they were built with formaldyhyde free materials or have had several years for the formaldyhyde to stop outgassing. Just because Missouri doesn't warn anyone about doesn't mean the danger doesn't exist nor that people there do not develop health problems. Granted, California does get a bit carried away with its warnings but that is preferable to leaving consumers ignorant of potential dangers.

Btw, I had to move from Missouri, where I was born, when I was a child because of a weak immune system (caused severe allergies). My Daddy also had severe allergies and he also was born in Missouri.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #35

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Too much ozone is not good, but a little can help with odors. Also, look where this paper is published....Commiefornia. They tend to go a bit overboard on most things.

ken
Dogpatch, who has been trained in the use of ozone, had supporting documentation for his post. Do you have supporting documentation for your claim that a little ozone can help with odors? Being published in California is a poor reason to dismiss a document, especially when California is referred to so hatefully. I agree California often does go a bit overboard but that doesn't mean any information from there is inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
Anybody that tells me I have to be aware, be educated, and to know what I'm doing, and I don't even know them or their expertise, I ignore!

Ed
Curious attitude. I can see questioning something and then doing some research to either verify or disprove it but to simply dismiss it out of hand and openly denounce it solely on that basis is unbelieveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd View Post
the original post was abit condescending. coupled with a 6yr old CARB document written by Gov't tools. ... thread tone set and it was off the tracks.

Then we had posters with practical use experience and even some additional anecdotal info added.

Id say theres something to be learned... but dont treat the members of this forum like insolent children and a good discussion on the topic might blossum.
It's a shame when someone with professional training and experience volunteers to share some of that knowledge gets blasted by the negativity shown in some of these posts. So what if a supporting document is six years old? Unless there is documentation showing the earlier information is invalid, condemnation of supporting documentation solely due to age, or even where it is published, is invalid.

I personally didn't find Dogpatch's post (which I appreciated) to be condescending or treated anyone like insolent children. Several of the responses, however, were.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #36

Carolina Campers
Thanks for the info Dogpatch!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #37
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We're closing this thread as too many continue to discuss each other rather than the topic.

Closed Thread