Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Odyssey batteries

I have a 2011 Itasca class A gas. We use our rig all the time. I need to replace my house batteries. We are not normally parked in regular campgrounds, so we depend on our batteries a lot. Are the Odyssey batteries worth the price. Would love to hear from some people that have them.

Thanks in advance for everyone's comments
Janet W
2011 Itasca Sunova 37L

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
In an answer NO A they are not true deep cycle B since they are no longer made in the US quality has dropped. I chose a 150AH Lifeline AGM, there are others.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #3

VMAX Charge Tank, Fullriver and Lifeline from least expensive to most, but not necessarily from good to better to best. If you depend on your batteries you want them to last. These fit the bill.

Results for Marine & RV Batteries

Fullriver Battery

Lifeline Batteries - Marine & RV Deep Cycle Batteries
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #4

Better link for the VMAX Charge Tanks: Results for Solar & Renwable Energy

The SLR100 is a 12 volt Group 27 battery.
The SLR125 is a 12 volt Group 31 battery.
The MB6225 is a 6 volt GC2 or golf cart battery.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #5

I can't help,you with the Odyssey brand but here are some tips I've picked up from the various forums.
Be very carefull of those labeled as "Marine deep cycle". Many of these are not true deep cycle but rather a cross between a deep cycle and starting battery. They will not hold up nearly as well as true deep cycle.
Typically 6 volt wet cell golf cart batteries are the least expensive for the amp-hours you get (takes two for a 12 volt system). Next is probably 6 volt AGM followed by 12 volt (make sure true deep cycle) AGM batteries. Top of the heap is the new Lithum-Ion batteries, very expensive but would love to have some.
I think for most people it's all about how many amp-hours you can fit in the space available and how much they're willing to pay.
For me, I'm perfectly happy with our stock 6 volt wet cell. Checking the water every few months is not a big deal.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:20 AM   #6

iRV2 No Limits Club
The caution about marine deep cycles is correct they do not have plates that are as heavy and they will not last as long. There is no difference between a 12V vs two 6V of a given Amp Hour. Odyssey does not make a true deep cycle battery and you have only do a search on Odyssey problems. Deep Cycle Battery FAQ

Tags
batteries