Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #43

"Have a good trip! You'll catch on......"

I hope so.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #44

Trustable repair shops

Wife and I are may change our plans to take Texas out of the trip and just go straight to Florida. In Texas I had some connections and figured if something shook out on the trip down I could enlist their help fixing the RV or at least recommending a good repair shop.

If we go straight to Florida and we need something fixed I don't know where to go. Anyone know a reliable repair shop near Sun City Center Florida or in the Tampa or Key West Area?

Old 02-06-2015, 09:56 PM   #45

Evergreen Owners Club
If you are in a rv site with sewer hook-up, keep your black tank valve closed until you are ready to dump the tank.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

I'm sorry, but I'd hate to think about my first trips being 2200 miles and 1700 miles back to back.

You really should get used to RV'ing first before making such an odyssey.
Gotta just +1 to the previous statement, considering it's source
Old 02-06-2015, 10:55 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmattei View Post
Wife and i purchased a 2004 holiday rambler atlantis. Three plus feet of snow in the yard and more coming. Can't take a local shakeout trip so we're hitting the road ma to texas ( houston and harlingen) to florida ( tampa and keys). Been doing a lot of reading but no experience. Any and all advice is welcome: what to bring, travel routes, places to stop, clubs to join etc.

Thanks Bob
Have fun and stop at WalMart!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 05:53 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmattei View Post
Wife and I are may change our plans to take Texas out of the trip and just go straight to Florida. In Texas I had some connections and figured if something shook out on the trip down I could enlist their help fixing the RV or at least recommending a good repair shop.

If we go straight to Florida and we need something fixed I don't know where to go. Anyone know a reliable repair shop near Sun City Center Florida or in the Tampa or Key West Area?
In nearly each and every park, or place we have camped, there have been other full time, or work campers, or staff with campers. They will know of the local mobile and service shops, often there are ads in the office or on the park map. I just asked, and have been very well serviced by mobile repair services. We carry cell phone, some tools, towing coverage, and a charge card. We are invincible!
sailwing2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #49

Take time to see the sights and smell the roses. I found when we travel it is often less stressful to get off the interstate and go 2-lane. For example. We go to my inlawas in Kentucky from our home in Nebraska 2 or 3 times a year. I will cut across Missourt on hy 36 and then cut across Illinois on 2 lane. I cut out Kansas city and St Louis in MO and mt Vernon in ILL. Ok Hy 36 in MO is 4 lane but a fraction of the traffic and no huge hills like on I70.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Save on propane by using a small crock pot, an induction/hot plate and a electric skillet. If you have pet's, carry their medical/inoculation files. Have fun!

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #51

Check out this other thread for more ideas of what to bring on your trips

Top 10 things to bring in your new RV
Top 10 items you should carry in a new RV.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #52

my wife and I are fairly new to the RV life purchasing our first in Aug 2014. We decided to not rush out and buy more stuff but only purchased the necessities like a fresh water hose and a sewer hose. We have been adding items very slowly on an "as needed" basis. We have found many items on required lists are not really. The whole idea of the RV lifestyle for us is the downsizing and getting away from acquiring "stuff". Whenever we think we need something we look at it long and hard before buying
Old 02-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #53

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfast1949 View Post
my wife and I are fairly new to the RV life purchasing our first in Aug 2014. We decided to not rush out and buy more stuff but only purchased the necessities like a fresh water hose and a sewer hose. We have been adding items very slowly on an "as needed" basis. We have found many items on required lists are not really. The whole idea of the RV lifestyle for us is the downsizing and getting away from acquiring "stuff". Whenever we think we need something we look at it long and hard before buying
I like the way you think. My DW and I are the same way. For safety's sake, read a lot about tires and weight of your rig. Happy trails!
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #54

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow, Make a check list and make sure you go over it so you dont drive out of a R.V. Park dragging your power cord, etc.