Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjim View Post
The large size Zots from Walmart work well. They are in the craft area. Just make sure to clean off the area with alcohol to remove any wax before using. Also the heavy duty double sided tape works. Again make sure to clean the area before using.
Almost everything in our MH is stuck down with Zots.
Do Zots come off easily if we want to remove the item?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Yep... Stick things down with "QuakeHold Gel" Of course it's made in California but you can get it on line. Amazon.com: quakehold gel

Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #17

Then, there is this product.....
http://store.shopreadyamerica.com/ronromopu.html
Our TrueValue has it, we haven't bought any yet.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #18

The Zots come off easily, do not stain, and don't dry out. Easy to find since there is always a Walmart somewhere nearby.
Just be careful not to get body oil from your fingers on them. They don't stick as well.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by greezykid View Post
3M heavy duty velcro,always keep this and duct tape.
Heavy duty Velcro can damage the surface of things.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Paper - plates and "Red Solo Cups"

then you don't care if they fall off.
I'm with Wayne on this one... few MH's come with "shelves" anyhooooo and this is purposeful !

When ya have to test those airbrakes you will appreciate that all that flies about is soft paper or plastic !! And TRUST ME you WILL TEST YOUR BRAKES unless you stay in the driveway... 4 wheelers just do not seem to get that a 20,000 pound MH cannot stop on a dime or maneuver out of their way like other 4 wheelers can... grrrrrrrrr

Enjoy the trip, be safe, and pass the Solo Cups and paperplates... hopefully loaded with ribs !
Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie
Enjoy the trip, be safe, and pass the Solo Cups and paperplates... hopefully loaded with ribs !
Took a while but finally got to the important stuff. Spare, back or short - rubbed or sauced?
Time to open a rib thread. You got this one Wayne??
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #22

Gee. For some reason they don't sell QuakeHOLD! at Lowes or Home Depot on the East Coast.
What?! We had an earthquake here in October. I think someone's lawn chair fell over.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #23

Update

With a combination of 3M Command hooks/strips for the wall hangings, and Sticky Tack for things on shelves, I was able to nicely decorate our coach to look like a home. Some things I did remove from shelves while in motion, but nothing that I attached ever came down over the 6000+ mile cross-country trip.

I have pictures, but it's on another site where we have it for sale, so I'm not sure if I can "legally" link. However, if you're really curious, you can check the classified ads on irv2 (it's the 2008 Fleetwood Excursion) and follow the link to more pics.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
FOR SALE. WHAT? To big? To small? Problems? Did the trip to Ca. take the RVing out of you? By the way,DW said put stuff in drawers and dust before placing back on shelter.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #25

cheap, quick, easy, sticky tape Target, walgreens walmart sell it
Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
FOR SALE. WHAT? To big? To small? Problems? Did the trip to Ca. take the RVing out of you? By the way,DW said put stuff in drawers and dust before placing back on shelter.

Oooh..we absolutely loved our coach, but it was our original intention to just buy it for this trip and sell upon return. Although several times we entertained the thought of keeping it we just don't feel like we can justify the cost for the amount of time we'd be able to use it.

I actually cried when we got back knowing the big adventure was over but also knowing we were going to sell what had become our home. (this is Lynne BTW, not Kevin, but I bet he secretly cried a little too! lol!)
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tfamily

Oooh..we absolutely loved our coach, but it was our original intention to just buy it for this trip and sell upon return. Although several times we entertained the thought of keeping it we just don't feel like we can justify the cost for the amount of time we'd be able to use it.

I actually cried when we got back knowing the big adventure was over but also knowing we were going to sell what had become our home. (this is Lynne BTW, not Kevin, but I bet he secretly cried a little too! lol!)
Hey guys.....I hope you will eventually post an honest summery of your "cost" for this strategy, once you sell the MH. I know many ( myself included) thought your plan to buy a DP for a "one-off" trip was a bit (ok a whole bunch) crazy.

Regardless, I have nothing but respect for the fact that you stuck to your guns and pulled-it-off! I hope it turns out to have been a better plan than renting and no doubt one with a lot more style!

Nice going.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Hey guys.....I hope you will eventually post an honest summery of your "cost" for this strategy, once you sell the MH. I know many ( myself included) thought your plan to buy a DP for a "one-off" trip was a bit (ok a whole bunch) crazy.

Regardless, I have nothing but respect for the fact that you stuck to your guns and pulled-it-off! I hope it turns out to have been a better plan than renting and no doubt one with a lot more style!

Nice going.

No one is more curious than we are to see exactly how much this course of action cost us compared to renting. It will all depend on how much we sell it for and how long it takes, as the monthly insurance and storage costs are a pretty important factor. I will certainly let you all honestly know when we do!

Hey, at least we didn't go for the new gasser that we were originally thinking about, so we're a little less crazy than initially, right?