Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #1

Old Dominion Iron Chefs Fall DOG

Old Dominion Iron Chefs is having there Fall DOG(Dutch Oven Gathering a potluck dinner) at Pocahontas State Park in Chester Va on Nov 3 at shelter #2. We will be doing a Dutch Oven Demo from 11-1 then the Dog will be at 4 pm. More info to come but alot of us will be camping in the campground.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Got to admit for an old lover of cast iron skillet cooking that sounds like a good gathering and wish I were in the position to make the trip. Obtaining and learning to use a good cast iron Dutch Oven is on my "wanna do" list. Giving thought to buying a Lodge 4 qt. Got most of the skillets and the basics of using and keeping them clean as a kid from my mother. I was the only one who wanted them when she downsized many years ago. Most of them came from my great grandmother.

VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #3

OK THE DOG IS 2 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!! We got over 17 people coming and here is whats going to be cooked:
Pumpkin Bread Pudding,Beef Stew and Cornbread,chicken rice broccoli and cheese dish,Alphabet stew & sourdough bread, chicken stew, carmel apple pie, cinnamon sweetrolls so come on join us bring your DO or what you want to cook and we will help you cook it!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Headed up from Newport News Friday night. Bringing along a tasty Blue Cheese Green Bean recipe that works great in a DO. Looks like the weather should be just grand for a fall cook out.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #5

I like to thank everyone who came out to the demo and Fall DOG!!! The food spread was just awesome!!!! Had over 20 people come and enjoy great food. We had Pumpkin Bread Pudding,Beef Stew and Cornbread,chicken rice broccoli and cheese dish,Alphabet stew & sourdough bread, chicken stew, carmel apple pie, cinnamon sweetrolls, green beans with bacon and cheese, dirty chili, triple chocalote cake with andes mints, and salad. Thanks Stella and Dale for coming up. Hope to see you at more DOGs and at the campgrounds.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Wish I had seen this post earlier would have been there. Grew up in Richmond.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #7

wish i had seen it earlier also we live in the mtns of va nowlived in suffolk for over 20 years would have been a good time to eat good and visit some old friends after the gathering
Old 11-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #8

check us out on facebook.com/olddominionironchefs we post all of goings on. In May we are doing Dutch Oven Cook-Off at Bass Pro Shops in Ashland more info to come.