Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2015, 11:56 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Unhappy OMG!! Our RV insurance just doubled!! WTH??

We just got our annual renewal and it's twice as much as last year! $1,100. It's with Allied Insurance (started out as Gilbert Insurance which was highly recommended by rver's) and is through Nationwide. We have never had a claim so I am baffled. We need a recommendation for a new company ASAP! HELP!

Starfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2015, 12:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire5 View Post
We just got our annual renewal and it's twice as much as last year! $1,100. It's with Allied Insurance (started out as Gilbert Insurance which was highly recommended by rver's) and is through Nationwide. We have never had a claim so I am baffled. We need a recommendation for a new company ASAP! HELP!
Your Premium has doubled even though you have the same coverage on the same RV? We have been with Allied through Nationwide since 1999, and have been happy with the premiums and claims settlements.

Sorry, that your experience is not os satisfactory.

PJStough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check out Hartford AARP, they were 50% cheaper than GMAC. I ended up moving all of my insurance to Hartford and saved $1200 per year.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #4

We use Progressive for our coach and nothing else and it is around $900. Compared it with State Farm and they are very close. I have all my other vehicles and home with State Farm but a few years ago they did not offer RV insurance which is why I am still with Progressive. It was less a couple of years ago until I got a moving violation, first in 20 years and have never filed a claim yet all my insurance went up, that to me is an absolute rip off to the public. In 1 more year if I am good my discount will come back. IMHO, insurance is one of the biggest scams going.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Suggest to discuss with existing insurance company before jumping to another. Maybe an error or something can be worked out.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #6

Was with State Farm forever. Rv was double through them. Now all vehicles with Geico....haven't filed a claim.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Lucky you!
Thats about 6 months insurance for me !!
Old 12-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd check out Progressive. So far so good...

2000 Jayco 3230K Designer
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Check out Hartford AARP, they were 50% cheaper than GMAC. I ended up moving all of my insurance to Hartford and saved $1200 per year.

I saved 50% from progressive
Old 12-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have State Farm and have been with them for 40 years. My Journey has full glass and 1000 deductible on all other claims and I pay 601.76 per year. I just had a windshield claim this past summer and they were great. Nothing out of pocket and the installation was good. I am a little biased because I was an agent for 35 years. They always treated my clients well. They are a mutual not a stock company, they are owned by the policyholder, I have always liked that.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
I saved 50% from progressive
What was your previous insurance?
PJStough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:05 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
The hidden baseline insurance companies are not quick to table (not discuss unless asked) are deductibles, full windshield replacement and full replacement cost of coach. I have a vanishing $500.00 deductible, zero deductible windshield, and get full value back on my coach that I paid for. (Locked in for three years) Most insurance premiums are based on fair market value not full replacement cost. Big difference in total premiums paid out. The huge price deviations are due mainly to what I just brought up. Insurance companies are like any other business in America, some good, some not so good. A few Insurance companies that have been mentioned here on thread, take a minute and Google customer satisfaction. I also called the Better Business Bureau and had my eyes opened up about the handling of claims; an Insurance Company that does not help when you are in need or makes it very difficult is not worth having. So when I hear low cost premiums, I would need to see what is in fine print before I would jump ship from my current company. Unlike some I 've had a claim, the only thing that happened is my vanishing deductible reset. Also be aware that Coaches over $100,000.00 are harder to get bargains for on insurance; just my opinion though!!!!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Did you call them and ask? Did you get a ticket? Heck, call them and say "Understanding that you are not the only RV insurance company I can hire, why did my premium double?"? Maybe some stranger got a ticket and it showed up on your record. Did your credit score drop?
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:27 PM   #14

Our rates went up when I turned 70.

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, led