Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2016, 10:32 AM   #1

One Last Install To Go, Nature's Head.

I'm one last install away from boondocking bliss. Just ordered a Nature's Head composting toilet, it'll be here on Monday.

I've got the RV setup in the driveway for the install. I know when I remove the current toilet I'm going to need a plug or cap of some sort for the black tank's down pipe from the toilet. I think it's a 3 inch pipe, wonder where I can get a plug for it? We have a Lowes and an Ace Hardware in town, anyone know if either might have what I'm looking for?

Thanks!!
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #2

Some home centers carry 3" plumbing caps and plugs. You might also try a supply store for mobile homes/ house trailers because they sometimes used smaller plumbing, especially the older ones.
R Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #3

Lowes should have what you need.
'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Keep us posted on the install. How are you going to vent it? I would think a cover could be fabricated out of plastic or even plywood and screwed to the toilet flange using the original bolts.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #5

Thanks for all the answers folks, much appreciated. I've run into an issue. I'm attaching two photos of the RV toilet that I've removed, as you can see there is a base with a flange. I've removed these screws around the flange and pulled up on the base to see if it would easily, without much force at all, come away from the floor but from what I can tell the down tube from the flange is actually attached to the tank or something, DOH!!

So, I put the screw back in and came here in hopes of finding an answer on this base. It's not supposed to come off, is it? I'm going to have to build a base for the composting toilet to sit on out of wood or something, aren't I?

I'm hopeful that someone will tell me different, ha! The Nature's Head toilet will be here on Monday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07034.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	117714   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07035.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	117715  

Old 02-16-2016, 06:38 AM   #6

Well, it's done. I've got the new composting toilet installed.

I'm not sure of the links rules here on the forum, but, if you are interested in the details of how I removed the old toilet and installed the new one you can go to YouTube, search/find our channel Nomadic Native, and there you'll find those 2 videos and a somewhat detailed review video on the toilet. Just finished uploading the install video. Will make another once we've had some time to use it. You can click on playlist and find the 3 videos grouped together.

So, find the Nomadic Native channel at YouTube for all the details.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 AM   #7

You never gave us the resolution to the OEM base.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Matt! Glad you got it figured out!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
install