Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
One More Discount Card

Decided to add Freedom Resorts and here is why. If I am wrong let me know. Freedom Resorts and Passport America share management and or owner. IF Pa is in contact with just about every campground it makes sense for them to get a second chance at those campgrounds not willing to give 50 off. They can pick up additional business at 25 off and just give it a different name. Also should give them a chance to keep campgrounds dropping the 50 off. Good for business. Have not checked yet but I am willing to bet there is little duplication.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #2

ctpres,

PA is one of the discount cards that we live and die by (not really, its just a saying). BUT, when I first got the offer it sounded pretty good so I spent some time checking it out. Bottom line is I still live and die by PA and never bothered with Freedom or rather the lack of it.

I decided to benchmark it by checking 4 - 5 states that we had spent a bit of time in. Almost always the FR parks listed were also PA parks, different restrictions BUT most clearly stated you could use one or the other but not both during the same stay. The number of FR parks was severly limited, PA parks are limited to begin with. FR parks ran about 10 - 20 % in number vs PA parks.

Other discounts, golf was mentioned. I did not come across a single golf discount in my benchmark. It may have gotten better, but buyer be warned ...

Bob
Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #3

If you are 62 years young or over get the Senior Pass for a one time fee of $10.00 good for your lifetime that gives 50% off at federal campgrounds. This and PPA are all I need. Well I need good BLM, national forest and the like for boondocking.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I've really never heard of Freedom Resorts before but I applaud them for their 25% discount. We belong to Good Sam and PA and also have the Senior Pass to the NPs. With PA, you have to play the 'availability' game...probably the same with Freedom??

We'll let GS lapse because we've found, unless the CG is on our direct route, it's not worth eating up any extra fuel for their weenie 10%. Maybe with more CG discount providers entering the arena, GS might get with the program. NOW, when I try to opted out of their junk mail, it would actually work! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Inga View Post
ctpres,
by checking 4 - 5 states that we had spent a bit of time in. Almost always the FR parks listed were also PA parks,
Bob
Bob-Thank you. I don't mind being wrong, if I have not spent any money yet. Thanks again for sharing your research.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ops, you never can tell. Guess we will have one more card. Planning 4 month trip with lots of activities. One campgrond we are planning to stay at has various activities: river rafting, atv tours, wildlife tours etc. They have package deals that include rv camping fees and guess what? FR discount applies to package! Now we are talking about saving over $150 in three days for two campers and at cost of $19.95!