Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
Thanks for sharing! It also sends pressure to the little squirty thing.

Story here
MickBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #16
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's great to have a place to share those little victories in life with people who understand. Imagine the reaction on a non-RVer. Most wouldn't appreciate the significance of having more water in the bowl, or why there isn't always more water there.

This group is THE biggest single reason I feel successful as a full-timer after only 4 months. I know I have much to learn, but I have GREAT teachers here. Y'all have saved my bacon numerous times.

Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
Winnebago Owners Club
The person we bought our RV from this year, had owned it since 1997, did not know about the white lever on the toilet. She kept a cup in the vanity to fill the bowl when necessary.
1989 Winnebago Warrior 27' 460 V8
1975 Dodge Sportsman 23' built in Toledo OH
2006 EZ-Go custom painted Golf Cart.
MrIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #18
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some of the foot pedals you just push the foot pedal halfway to fill the bowl. The design idea is to fill the bowl half way with water if you are going to have waste. This keeps the bowl cleaner. ( yes believe it or not, I went to potty school)
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm sure we have all learned things the hard way. My first gleaning was "Do not stand close to the entry door as you open it. When the steps extend and scrape your shin, that hurts.
03 Fleetwood Bounder 35r
Ford V10, F53 Chassis
Gerall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, it could have turned out different.

Reminds me of a story when a gentleman called the TV repairman because his television was not working. The repairman walked in, plugged in the television and said, "That will be $50 please!"

Our toilet requires the foot pedal to be depress jut a little to fill up the bowl. it's a Thetford. A Sealand in another unit did require a slight upward pressure to fill the bowl. Different foot strokes for different foot folks, I guess.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Mine doesn't, but i had to get up and go check. But I keep learning something new every day. We've been fulltiming since April.
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #22
Took me 3 years and 3 months to find out that raising the flush valve puts additional water in the toilet. Did not know this until reading this post.
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
If you show this feature to your grandkids, keep a mop handy, and remember to check the water level before hitting the road.
95 Newmar Kountry Star, Spartan Chassis, Venice, Fla
C-PHartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #24
Several years ago, I was looking up something in one of the books that came with the coach and a sticker fell out of it and hit the floor! I read it and "up fill down flush" and it hit me at that instant what it meant! I couldn't wait to install THE sticker on the back of the toilet! I AM easy to entertain!
336muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #25

Don't feel bad....I just learned this from your post. When I told my wife about it she said "oh I knew that all along" Maybe I should read the owners manual huh?
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #26
We went to a antique truck show and checked into a campground. The next day, the first day of a 3 day show, we went to the fair grounds and a new friend said why don't you park your RV right over there you will have water and electric and its FREE.
So we went to get our RV and in a hurry forgot the tv ant. was up. We got to the fairgrounds and got parked and our new friend said " your antane (sp) looks funny, Oh you left it up" about 100 club members greeted me with " Hey your the guy who left his ant. up" That was 5 years ago and I still meet old friends who greet me with " Yea I remember you. Did you get your antinane(sp) fixed hehehe" I will never forget.
haulinhazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #27
I had my MH for seven years before I found out that there was a "hidden" 110 outlet behind the step cover up under the dash. In my defense, it was dark brown mounted on a board that was painted black.

None-the-less the DW hasn't let me forget it. SHE of course didn't find it!
Traveling America In
"God's Grace"
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
After we closed the deal on our current MH at a show the dealer told us we could stay in it for as long as we liked just lock the door on the way out since they would not be showing it any longer. Both of us were puzzled how to do this without the key. He says just push the lock button (not the dead bolt type one) inside the door and close it just like you would at home. Doh! We owned the previous MH four years and it had the same lock. Never knew you could do that even as simple as it is.

Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is online now   Reply With Quote