Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #29
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well Mark (and others)

Just wait until the big fat finger hits the lock when you step outside and you don't have the key in your pocket.

I was fortunate. DW was still inside. Or was that unfortunate. Now there is a broken record every time we step out the door, "Do you have your keys." I can read the tone and there is a missing word, like "Dummy," in there.

I fixed the whole situation with a hidden key, but I still get the "Dummy" response.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #30

I hate to sound like my wife when she says, " did you read the owners manual?"

Old 09-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #31
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I hate to sound like my wife when she says, " did you read the owners manual?"
Now where's the fun in that? I got a manual for every different system and a way too thin "owner's manual" with a Forest River logo. My coach is a Shasta Cynara, made buy Coachman, which is now owned by Forest River There are lots of references that end in "if so equipped". I thumbed thru it, but found it pretty useless. Like when I was trying to find the water heater by-pass valve. Had to call the dealer on that one. It's under the bed.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #32

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Had ours for several months before I noticed the outlet under the upper cabinets next to the stove. Perfect for coffee pot and grinder. And yes, I did read the very thin not very useful owners manual.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I plan on opening and crawling under everything I can looking for hidden features after reading the posts here
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well Mark (and others)

Just wait until the big fat finger hits the lock when you step outside and you don't have the key in your pocket.

I was fortunate. DW was still inside. Or was that unfortunate. Now there is a broken record every time we step out the door, "Do you have your keys." I can read the tone and there is a missing word, like "Dummy," in there.

I fixed the whole situation with a hidden key, but I still get the "Dummy" response.
Bought a new SUV left it running in the driveway and closed the door, apparently I hit the door lock as I got out. Called AAA, while waiting Happened to look out of the kitchen window to see the sun roof was open. Forunately I found it before AAA showed up.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Well, it could have turned out different.

Reminds me of a story when a gentleman called the TV repairman because his television was not working. The repairman walked in, plugged in the television and said, "That will be $50 please!"

Our toilet requires the foot pedal to be depress jut a little to fill up the bowl. it's a Thetford. A Sealand in another unit did require a slight upward pressure to fill the bowl. Different foot strokes for different foot folks, I guess.
Would you believe, our salesman actually told us this one.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Bought a new SUV left it running in the driveway and closed the door, apparently I hit the door lock as I got out. Called AAA, while waiting Happened to look out of the kitchen window to see the sun roof was open. Forunately I found it before AAA showed up.
I didnt hit the button, but my Audi decided that it would be funny to lock all the doors after the wind slammed my door shut... it was only turning into a blizzard outside.. and nobody home.. phone in the car..

And okmunky, keep them coming pal.. I didnt know either
Old 09-26-2011, 03:50 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
I didnt hit the button, but my Audi decided that it would be funny to lock all the doors after the wind slammed my door shut... it was only turning into a blizzard outside.. and nobody home.. phone in the car..
You'll have days like those, as long as the don't come in bunches like grapes you'll be ok.

Last month while I was away wife called to say the HVAC system at home had gone out, only $11,000.00 to replace. Later I received a call from the bank someone had charged $1,200.00 to my credit card. Hung up and dropped my phone in my coffee cup. New phone $800.00. SOmedays you should just stay in bed.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #38
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dennis,
Please stay away from my camping spots. I have enough bad luck of my own. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
I owned our new MH for 8 months and kept telling the dealer the light in the compartment with water-sewer did not work. They kept telling me it's just fine, it works every time. When I got home the light would not work. After a while I gave up. Just used a flash light at night.
There is a switch on the dash that says "Utility" but when I turned it on the only thing that came on was a outside light high up over the compartment with water-sewer.
After about 8 months it hit me. Maybe this switch also works the light inside the utility compartment. It did. The dealer never told me that switch also worked the light inside the compartment. I don't go to that dealer anymore.
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I got out of our F350 to go into a store to grab a bottle of water, left the engine running because it was hot, and I had our little French Bulldog in the car. When I came back I found he had stepped on the door lock button and locked me out.

After a time of trying to get him excited enough to jump up on the door unlock button, I noticed a lady with a poodle in a nearby car. I borrowed her poodle, and held it up to the window, which caused our dog to hop up and down on the door and, eventually, unlock it. Was quite amusing for all involved.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #41

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A few years back when I was picking up my sister from the local Greyhound bus depot I noticed a guy trying to unlock his Ford car with a clothes hanger.
So I stopped and got out and used my Ford truck ignition key to unlock his car door. I can still remember his look on his face when he realised what I did.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:08 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Dennis,
Please stay away from my camping spots. I have enough bad luck of my own. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Wayne, Certainly your Marine abilities to Adapt, Overcome and Improvise would ward off any evil spirits this old salt would bring your way.