Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
Opinions about GulfStream Class C?

Looking at 2 Gulfstream Class Cs. Keep hearing they are poor quality but I like their floorplan. Also since the company no longer builds motorhomes should that be a big issue?

COCO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Stay away. JMHO Poor quality and cheap materials.

az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
Sold '08 Euro Cruiser and couldn't be more pleased to see her go. 15,000 miles with squeeks and groans so bad from the overhead you could not carry on a conversation with the passenger. The whole RV seemed cheaply made after we used it for a few months. We might have just got a "bad" one and others may be pleased with Gulf Stream, we were not.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, on the other side of the coin, I loved my 01, Gulfstream Conquest Classic. We owned it for nearly 10 years and never had a single issue with the coach. We did need brakes, which is a Ford issue, and it was after the rig was flooded at a storage yard. Anyhow, IMHO Gulfstream made one of the best Class C units sold. We decided to go Class A, and there are many days I wish I had my Gulfstream back.
With that said, like many other coaches, they did make some very entry level units that were pretty much aimed at the rental industry.
Neil, Lin, and our furry companions, Ashby and Cody. 06 National Surf Side.
demoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
I own a 2004 BT Cruiser made by Gulf Stream. I bought it used and am generally pleased with the build quality. It is not a high-end unit, but it is pleasant to drive and the cabinets are well made. Mine is 24' with a Ford V10. I have put 5000 miles on it in since August 2011. I would make my decision based on price, how well it was cared for, and how the layout meets your needs. Drive the ones you are considering and see if you enjoy the ride. As with any used RV, check for leaks. Good luck!
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
LI-Camper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
We had a 96 Gulfstream Ultra 102. It was a class C with a tag axle. We loved the floor plan. Lived in it was 4 months after we sold one house and before we moved into another and was comfortable. It was easy to drive and had plenty of room. The only problem was, I believe, the coach was over built for the brakes. Front rotors would crack.

Jim and Shirley McGehee
2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna
2013 Honda Fit Toad, 2003 Jeep Liberty Toad
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote