Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have Easy Care on my 2006 Class A. Four year $250 deductible was less than the one quoted above. Can't give you the exact figure because the paper work is in the rig, which is in storage.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #30

I currently have the Allegiance plan purchased through WholesaleWarranties.net. Shortly after purchasing the policy we sadly needed a claim, our HW hydrolic jacks failed. I called Wholesale Warranties, who truly acted as my agent, walked me through the claims, and stepped in when I thought the claim was being handled too slowly. The response after their call was immediate.
I was told by Camping World, who did emergency repairs, and my RV repair guy, who replaced the jacks that I was lucky to have purchased concequencial coverage, as all 4 jacks and the 8 springs required service when one unit failed.
I'd go with the recomendation of Wholesale Warranties.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
What kind of mileage does CSI quote for their policy? I currently have a GS policy on a 2004 DP with 56,000 miles which is written for a year at a time only but allows up to 150,000 total miles. I've had a couple of very small claims with them, nothing very large, but from what I'm reading I probably better not wait for a large claim before finding out what they won't cover. I have read all the small print but they can still deny claims the customer feels should be covered. I certainly like the consequential damage coverage the CSI writes. Will CSI mail you a copy of their coverages or do it by e-mail?

You've certainly done a lot of foot work checking out all these companies saving all of us much time and effort. Very much appreciated too.

Wagonmaster2
CSI quoted me 7 years 100,000 miles. The 2 things I like about CSI is the consequential damage waiver and unlike GS they offer and exclusionary policy vs. an inclusionary policy.

I have attached a copy of the CSI policy. I think this what you were asking for.

I am in the process of calling and emailing various service centers to get their opinion on the various policies, who they like to deal with, who is the most responsive, etc... Once complete I will share that data.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSI Allegiance RV_MH.pdf (450.9 KB, 164 views)
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #32

Dennis: Do you know who is named as the claim administrator for the CSI?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
Dennis: Do you know who is named as the claim administrator for the CSI?
Tough one to answer. It depends on which company/broker issues/writes the policy. I have copied the exact text from both CSI policies and listed below

CSI through Wholesale Warranties:
OBLIGOR: Autoguard Advantage Corporation, 400 Metro Place North, Suite 300, Dublin, OH 43017, 1-877-692-7422. This is a Agreement between You and the Provider Obligor. The Obligor’s performance under this Agreement is insured under a contractual liability insurance policy issued by General Fidelity Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation, 201 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28755, PH: 704-387-0823. If a covered claim is not paid within sixty (60) days after proof of loss has been filed, You may file a claim with General Fidelity Insurance Company at the address listed herein or call toll free 888-356-4892.

Administrator means Autoguard Advantage Corporation, 400 Metro Place North, Suite 300, Dublin, Ohio 43017, 877-692-7422, the Company that provides administrative services under this service Agreement.

Agreement Provider, We, Us and Ours means the entity who is obligated to perform under this Agreement, as identified on the Applications page as the Obligor

CSI through BNT:
OBLIGOR: Autoguard Advantage Corporation, 400 Metro Place North, Suite 300, Dublin, OH 43017, (877) 692-7422. This is an Agreement between You and the Obligor. The Obligor’s performance under this Agreement is insured under a contractual liability insurance policy issued by General Fidelity Insurance Company, 201 North Tryon Street, Mail Code NC1-022-05-01, Charlotte, NC 28255, (866) 373-5939. If a covered claim is not paid within sixty (60) days after proof of loss has been filed, You may file a claim with General Fidelity Insurance Company at the address listed herein or call toll free 1-866-373-5939.

ADMINISTRATOR: Dimension Service Corporation. 400 Metro Place North, Suite 300, Dublin, OH 43017, (800) 457-7703.

Agreement Provider, We, Us and Ours means the entity who is obligated to perform under this Agreement, as identified on the Application page as the Obligor.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Just found out that CSI has changed to American Bankers Insurance from General Fidelity.

American has a Best rating of A. General's rating was B+.

Also found out that Wholesale Warranties offers the Extra Ride policy with unlimited mileage. However, Extra Ride does not offer Consequential Damages rider.

New pricing from Wholesale:
Extra Ride 5 years, Unlimited mileage $4997.00 with $200.00 deductible

CSI Allegiance: all at $100.00 deductible. Mileage is odometer mileage, not mileage from start of policy.
6 years 70,000 miles $3,217.00
7 years 80,000 miles $3,500.00
7 years 100,000 miles $4,400.00

I've seen a number of positive comments in the forums with respect to Extra Ride's handling of claims. However, as I read their policy item 8 on page 9 gives me pause.

8. DAMAGE TO A NON-COVERED COMPONENT BY A COVERED COMPONENT(S) FAILURE OR DAMAGE TO A COVERED PART BY A NON-COVERED COMPONENT(S) FAILURE. CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE TO A NON-COVERED COMPONENT BY A COVERED COMPONENT.

I have attached a copy of the Extra Ride policy.
Attached Files
File Type: doc XTRA Ride Extended Warranty Service Agreement.doc (114.5 KB, 183 views)
Old 01-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #35

Dennis: The CSI policy outline I received states the mileage for USED RV's starts at the odometer reading at the time the policy is purchased.

The part that concenrs me is #21 under "What's not covered". It states, "For any loss, claim or serviceobligation which arises from or is in any manner related to the failure of any computer, computer chip, computerized component, computer software, or othe machine or product ot recognize data, perform operations or calculations, operated properly or perform as expected, including but not limited to and loss claim or service obligation involving miscalculations, interference with or damage to existing data , loss of data, inability to operate properly, regardless of whether such failure occurs in equipment owned by by the Agreement holder or by others.

It seems to me that this could refer to the CPU for the engine and trans.
Your thoughts??
Old 01-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
Dennis: The CSI policy outline I received states the mileage for USED RV's starts at the odometer reading at the time the policy is purchased.

The part that concenrs me is #21 under "What's not covered". It states, "For any loss, claim or serviceobligation which arises from or is in any manner related to the failure of any computer, computer chip, computerized component, computer software, or othe machine or product ot recognize data, perform operations or calculations, operated properly or perform as expected, including but not limited to and loss claim or service obligation involving miscalculations, interference with or damage to existing data , loss of data, inability to operate properly, regardless of whether such failure occurs in equipment owned by by the Agreement holder or by others.

It seems to me that this could refer to the CPU for the engine and trans.
Your thoughts??
As far as mileage, both BNT and Wholesale treat my 2009 coach as new. Wont be used until next year.

See my email to Wholesale warranties on the CPU issue. I have an email from BNT explaining CPU means computers such as laptops that are damaged. I will forward it to you. Want to see how Wholesale answers the same question.

THis is the answer from Jennifer at BNT
"Good afternoon Dennis,
Sorry for the delayed response. I had make a phone call to the warranty carrier to get confirmation of exactly what paragraph #21 is excluding. To answer your question, it is saying they do not cover repairs needed for items such as laptop computers, gaming systems, radios, etc. that may be plugged into an outlet in the motorhome. Any electronic part that makes up the motorhome (ECM's and/or ECU's) are covered"
Old 01-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #37

I too signed up with CSI. I bought through Jen LeClair at B & T. 4 years, 48,000 miles, wheel and tire, consequential damage, towing, $50. deductible for $3200. Thanks to all, especially Mr. Lee, for all the input.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the info you have put up here.

Has anyone looked at ACC RV? This is what I was quoted.ACC Coach Care Plan

$200 Deductible

2 Year / Unlimited Miles - $ 3,060

3 Year / Unlimited Miles - $ 3,845

4 Year / Unlimited Miles - $ 4,480

** Note: All plans include: 1. Unlimited Towing, 2. Tire Coverage, 3. Unlimited Roadservice, 4. Mobile Claims, 5. No Deductible Rally Service, 6. Overnight Parts Delivery, and 7. $1500 trip Interuption benefits at no extra charge.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstonebay View Post
Thanks for all the info you have put up here.

Has anyone looked at ACC RV? This is what I was quoted.ACC Coach Care Plan

$200 Deductible

2 Year / Unlimited Miles - $ 3,060

3 Year / Unlimited Miles - $ 3,845

4 Year / Unlimited Miles - $ 4,480

** Note: All plans include: 1. Unlimited Towing, 2. Tire Coverage, 3. Unlimited Roadservice, 4. Mobile Claims, 5. No Deductible Rally Service, 6. Overnight Parts Delivery, and 7. $1500 trip Interuption benefits at no extra charge.
Do you have a link?

Is it Exclusionary or Inclusionary? Does the plan cover consequential damages?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a CW policy that was issued when I bought my "99 from CW in 2009.
I was rearended by an old lady and called the agent the next day--he gave all kinds of greef about the age of the coach and how hard it would be to repair, mind you I only had it for 7 months. He thought it would be a total loss (They had'ent even seen any pic's yet, and they would write it off and pay me $10,000 for it, 7 months before I payed $33,000 for it.
I payed $4,000 to have it repaired, Havent had to talk to them sence, looks like new.
I do'nt think I will talk to them when it's renewal time either.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Do you have a link?

Is it Exclusionary or Inclusionary? Does the plan cover consequential damages?
RV WARRANTY RV EXTENDED WARRANTY Extended RV Warranties RV Warranties RV Warranty Plans Motorhome Warranty Fleetwood RV Warranty Auto F&I Extended Warranties Newmar Coach Warranty Monaco Coach Warranty Country Coach RV Extended Warranty Prevost Bus R

I just started looking at an extended warranty and found them through FMCA.
See what you think.
I hope this works
Old 01-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Have you received a sample policy from them yet. That should be your first step. Read the policy carefully. I can't tell from their website whether they offer exclusionary or inclusionary policies. Their comparison page doesn't address consequential damages.

For my money the 2 most important pieces of the policy are:
1) Consequential Damages - Important when a non covered part such as a nut takes out a covered part like a piston you are covered. With out CD coverage you could be left holding the bill
2) Exclusionary Policy - List those items not covered. If not listed as not covered then it's covered. Inclusionary policies list the large components without addressing the smaller items that can cause problems. Gives the company an opportunity to say it wasn't listed and therefore not covered.

If they have both of these the price looks reasonable.

I went with CSI 7years/100,000 miles for $4400.00

If you get a copy of their policy forward it on, I'd like to read it.

Tags
service