Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have asked them for a sample policy and about CD. It is an Exclusionary policy. I am trying to include the pdf brochure. Hope it works.

Does this mean that if a belt brakes and goes through the rad that the rad is not covered?

Thanks

This from the brochure.

This is the Ultimate Option for your Motorhome.
Our Premium Plan has Exclusionary Coverage, which
means; Under this Plan Every Component of the Motor
Home is Covered, Except those Components and
Services listed below as Exclusions;
*Not Covered Items: Paint, carpeting, moldings, tile,
lenses, fiberglass, wood , body panels caulk or grout,
discoloring, chrome, leather, canvas, vinyl or fabric, upholstery,
walls, tires and wheels, weather strips, rust,
corrosion, hubcaps, corian, any physical damage.
*Not Covered Maintenance and Service Items: Oil,
coolants, belts and hoses, plug wires and spark plugs,
brake pads, scheduled maintenance, front end alignments,
cleaning, washing, and other related maintenance
services.
*No Limit to the Number of Claims that can be
Filed
Standard Benefits include: For Each Covered Breakdown
( No Deductible Applies )
$ UNLIMITED- Towing / Roadside Assistance
$300 - Rental Car Allowance
$1500 - Meals & Lodging Reimbursement

2011 ACC RV Brochure - PRINT FILE.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011 ACC RV Brochure - PRINT FILE.pdf (907.1 KB, 54 views)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstonebay View Post
I have asked them for a sample policy and about CD. It is an Exclusionary policy. I am trying to include the pdf brochure. Hope it works.

Does this mean that if a belt brakes and goes through the rad that the rad is not covered?

Thanks

This from the brochure.

This is the Ultimate Option for your Motorhome.
Our Premium Plan has Exclusionary Coverage, which
means; Under this Plan Every Component of the Motor
Home is Covered, Except those Components and
Services listed below as Exclusions;
*Not Covered Items: Paint, carpeting, moldings, tile,
lenses, fiberglass, wood , body panels caulk or grout,
discoloring, chrome, leather, canvas, vinyl or fabric, upholstery,
walls, tires and wheels, weather strips, rust,
corrosion, hubcaps, corian, any physical damage.
*Not Covered Maintenance and Service Items: Oil,
coolants, belts and hoses, plug wires and spark plugs,
brake pads, scheduled maintenance, front end alignments,
cleaning, washing, and other related maintenance
services.
*No Limit to the Number of Claims that can be
Filed
Standard Benefits include: For Each Covered Breakdown
( No Deductible Applies )
$ UNLIMITED- Towing / Roadside Assistance
$300 - Rental Car Allowance
$1500 - Meals & Lodging Reimbursement

2011 ACC RV Brochure - PRINT FILE.pdf
The brochure looks good, be sure that the sample policy is the same on items not covered. As an example many list nuts, bolts and fasteners as not covered items. If the nut on the connecting rod let go and caused the piston to damage the cylinder wall you could find yourself paying the bill.

Your belt examle is a good one to dig into once you have the policy in front of you. It's also a good reason to ask for the consequential damages rider.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
One final point to make, do not pay the first price quoted. I found all providers willing to deal at least to the tune of 10% without much haggling. I ended at roughly 17% off in the end. There is a good bit of markup on these policies, get you fair share back before signing the policy.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that the price you're paying direct is the same price that you would pay if you bought from the dealership.
Here is what I have learned in the process.

The dealer typically works through a broker who then works with the provider/carrier. Each want a taste of the price. Eliminate the dealer and work with either a provider or a broker. THis eliminates the dealer's commission.

Working with the provider eliminates the brokers commission but may limit your choices in the types of policies available to you.

If the broker is one of the large brokers they have staff reps that work with the provider. These reps are there to assist you with claims and any type of issue or dispute.

By working with a broker your savings over dealer cost can be as much as $500.00 to $700.00, when dealing with a reasonable dealer. Less than reasonable dealers mark these policies up by as much as $1000.00.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
You'd be a "smart puppy" to just put your money in the bank and pay your own repairs. These "extended warranties" are nothing more than an insurance policy.
Completely agree that you can self fund your own policy by putting your money away in the bank. I'd end up taking it out though and doing something to the rig.

For me it's a peace of mind issue. $628.00 a year for 7 years / 100,000 miles seems a very small price for peace of mind. It's like any other insurance policy. You pay it and hope to never need it.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #48

sdennislee-

I read on the CSI contract under Exclusions that repairs to cover conditions that may reasonable be assumed to have existed at the effective date of the Agreement will not be covered.

How easy would it be for CSI to state that about any failure could have started or have existed prior to the effective date? I have a 2004 coach on a Freightliner chassis that I have covered with Good Sam for the last several years and from reading all your research I feel I should change to CSI, especially with the consequential and exclusionary coverage.

The fan hub bearing is the first thing that comes to mind where they could conclude the bearing was running dry for several hundred miles before the effective date even if it failed and the fan flew apart several hundred or thousand miles after the effective date of the plan.

I know it would depend on just how nick picky they wanted to be, but just wanted your input.

Thanks and really appreciate all the research and legwork you've done on all the extended warranty plans.

Wagonmaster2
Old 01-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The pre-existing condition was in several of the policies I reviewed. For me I looked at this clause in two ways.

1) When speaking to the garages I polled on service policies none had ever seen this clause used. In some cases I could see coming down to who had the better mechanic me or the insurance company.

2) Two of the agents/brokers I spoke with had never seen this clause go wrong.

This was my logic, good or bad.

Send me an email and I'll share all the emails from from Wholesale addressing my questions to them re. CSI. Johnnyringo also went with CSI and conducted research prior to the purchase, he may be a source for you as well.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
I was a sales manager at a Ford dealership and most extented service plans are a totally rip off except if you are the one that gets the Vehicle that need the Warranty work.....what I am saying is that there are far more individuals that never use the service plan and it is not worth the money. Veh. warranties are like any other insurance.....they are ment to make big dollars for the Insurance Companies.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I feel the same way about all the insurance policies I have. Life insurance is the one that really gets me as I know I wont see any of that money. In the process of moving some money to a "Return of Premiums" policy. It's term life, 15 years, At 15 years I can have my money back.

I do it for the peace of mind.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
The pre-existing condition was in several of the policies I reviewed. For me I looked at this clause in two ways.

1) When speaking to the garages I polled on service policies none had ever seen this clause used. In some cases I could see coming down to who had the better mechanic me or the insurance company.

2) Two of the agents/brokers I spoke with had never seen this clause go wrong.

This was my logic, good or bad.

Send me an email and I'll share all the emails from from Wholesale addressing my questions to them re. CSI. Johnnyringo also went with CSI and conducted research prior to the purchase, he may be a source for you as well.
Thanks for the reply. You've answered my question for now, will do the e-mail if I come up with any more. Sounds like you and Johnnyringo pretty well covered it all, much better than I ever would have.

The danger of all the fine print always scares me and a lot of it can depend on someone's interpretation of it. Since I will be covering a 7 (almost 8) year old coach I guess just about any breakdown could be blamed on pre-existing conditions.

CSI still sounds like a good choice. Like you said, it's not so much as trying to come out ahead as it is kind of peace of mind while on the road. If all my on-the-road troubles were no bigger than when I lost my rear view camera ($362) or the HWH shuttle valve ($58) I'd never worry about a service warranty, but with the possibility of a $2,000-$15,000 repair the service warranty doesn't sound so unreasonable.

Have a great week.

Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2
Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I hope that one of the plans work for you if you decide to purchase. I only have experience with one, the Good Sam CSP. I have owned several Diesel Pushers and have had the plan since the first but of all of the things that have failed all were either fixable for less than the $500 deductible or were not covered. At first the plan provided peace of mind but eventually I decided to put the $118 monthly payment in a savings account. I read about others that benefit from a service plan but personally I wouldn't recommend.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch14me View Post
I hope that one of the plans work for you if you decide to purchase. I only have experience with one, the Good Sam CSP. I have owned several Diesel Pushers and have had the plan since the first but of all of the things that have failed all were either fixable for less than the $500 deductible or were not covered. At first the plan provided peace of mind but eventually I decided to put the $118 monthly payment in a savings account. I read about others that benefit from a service plan but personally I wouldn't recommend.
I'm not positive but I think the problem with GS's policy is that it's an inclusionary policy rather than an exclusionary policy.

Really hope to never need it.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I followed the policy to the letter and finally realized that they were always a step ahead having much more experience and statistics regarding what was most likely to fail and excluded those items one way or another. I think the key in getting assistance is to take the RV to a shop that knows how to present a claim. I spent thousands over the years on items that were not covered in the contract and the only claim I submitted for a lift pump leaking diesel fuel was denied so I lost confidence. I may regret not having a service plan but by now would have had several thousand dollars in a savings account to draw upon.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just to let you know, 2 weeks have passed and I have heard nothing back from ACC, no sample policy, no reply. I will try another email and see what happens.

Tags
service