Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 keystone View Post
Need thought's about awning light's, rope, or those little trinket like ball's, what do you like, or is unique, rope light's: is LED better?
What about lighting under the camper (TT) frame or body?
Also on the ground around the camper or the patio area?
Any pro's and con's or preference's on using?

By the way we are waiting on delivery of a 2017 Crossroad's Super Lite Sunset Bunk House model, 3 slide's, island kitchen, outside kitchen. I excited, been kicking the idea around for 2 summer's and finally pulled the trigger grandkid's will be extatic, we haven't told them yet.
Congratulations!
The only lights we consistently use are three or four solar powered pathway lights that you stick in the ground to mark trip hazards.
I do, however, enjoy walking around and checking out the many creative lights whenever we stay at a travel or RV park.
Since campfires ruin your night vision I leave my telescope at home and don't worry about stargazing. There are dark sites for that sort of thing.
Travel parks are more of a social event, so accept that lights and noise are part of that environment. There purpose is to get away from work, relax, and have fun.
To commune with nature, sit in the dark, and take in the peaceful silence requires going where the campers are more than ten feet apart. State Parks and BLM areas are ideal. In these places one should be very careful of the light and noise they are creating. Bright lights would probably not be appreciated by most.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2016, 07:35 AM   #128

For what it's worth, I happen to like a soft blue rope light on the ground marking out our campsite. We put them on the ground and hold them in place with tent pegs and put them on a timer. It gets dark early in the winter months so they are set to come on at 5:30pm and off at 11pm. We also have 3 pups that need to go out in the evening, and the lights help us watch where they do their business, so we can clean up after them. It also helps being able to see if any critters are around that could pose harm to us or our dogs.

One thing that we do is to make sure that the neighbors are ok with them on the ground and won't bother them. Asking goes a long way to keeping peace. As does always cleaning up after your pets.
We do NOT like using the scare lights on our rig as they shine like beacons right into the windows of others. We stay in rv parks, upscale and low budget, and like stars as well as controlled campfires. What WE have a problem with is those who think that they are better than everyone else. You know the ones, in the big busses who when walking around the park and you wave to them, turn their back on you because you have less than them and they want to make sure you know your place.

To each their own and just respect others, and their rights to have darkness and quiet at night.

We have blue rope lights on a timer and ask if they bother anyone around us as well as ask that if our dogs bother them to also let us know. Things can and will be done if we are bothering others out of RESPECT for others. Just saying.
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #129
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
For what it's worth, I happen to like a soft blue rope light on the ground marking out our campsite. We put them on the ground and hold them in place with tent pegs and put them on a timer. It gets dark early in the winter months so they are set to come on at 5:30pm and off at 11pm. We also have 3 pups that need to go out in the evening, and the lights help us watch where they do their business, so we can clean up after them. It also helps being able to see if any critters are around that could pose harm to us or our dogs.

One thing that we do is to make sure that the neighbors are ok with them on the ground and won't bother them. Asking goes a long way to keeping peace. As does always cleaning up after your pets.
We do NOT like using the scare lights on our rig as they shine like beacons right into the windows of others. We stay in rv parks, upscale and low budget, and like stars as well as controlled campfires. What WE have a problem with is those who think that they are better than everyone else. You know the ones, in the big busses who when walking around the park and you wave to them, turn their back on you because you have less than them and they want to make sure you know your place.

To each their own and just respect others, and their rights to have darkness and quiet at night.

We have blue rope lights on a timer and ask if they bother anyone around us as well as ask that if our dogs bother them to also let us know. Things can and will be done if we are bothering others out of RESPECT for others. Just saying.

You sound like to kind of folks we love to be neighbors with!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:06 AM   #130

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
Others will disagree with me but I am not a fan of exterior accent lights. When I'm camping I prefer looking at the stars or a campfire.
X2! I much prefer a flashlight or a good, old-fashioned lantern.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, lights