Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Opinions on this Extended Warrenty plan.

Ok gang, I'd like your opinion on this plan, I was looking at the Superior level. Cost is $5700.00 Cdn taxes in. 4yrs, 40,000kms. $50 deductable, $0 deductable if work performed by the selling dealer.
It is underwritten by a company recommended by RVDA of Canada.

Thanks,

Stewart

7525 MBI VSC RV Brochure.pdf

IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've never heard of them but I found one previous thread where they were mentioned.
To Warranty or Limited Warranty or not

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #3

They tell you what is covered BUT they don't tell you what YOU have to do to be covered. I had one that required the Motor oil to be changed at a dealer($700) every 6000 km or 4 mo. just to keep the fridge covered. Cummins recommends 15,000 km changes. They are not in business to keep you M/H working, they are in business to line their pockets with more cash. When I made a claim, I was told NOPE thats from normal wear and tear so your not covered. When a person buys an electronic device or furniture or even a 'c' cell battery, the sales person offers an 'extended warranty' Another term for extra source of income.
Save your money.
Signed "Damn angry I believed them and got ripped off"
Old 09-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #4

Go take a look at WholesaleWarranties.com - I signed up with them last month. Best rates and coverage I could find for a $100 deductible.

PM me if you decide to go with them. I think using me as a reference we both will get additional dollars off. For sure you will according to the brochures they sent with my policy.

Let us know what you think.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
Go take a look at WholesaleWarranties.com - I signed up with them last month. Best rates and coverage I could find for a $100 deductible.

PM me if you decide to go with them. I think using me as a reference we both will get additional dollars off. For sure you will according to the brochures they sent with my policy.

Let us know what you think.

Hi thanks for your response. I contacted them. Their response was that because I'm a Canadian they can't help me. Seems they only deal in the States. Is your information different?
How does the policy I posted differ from what you have?

Thanks, again

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDriv View Post
They tell you what is covered BUT they don't tell you what YOU have to do to be covered. I had one that required the Motor oil to be changed at a dealer($700) every 6000 km or 4 mo. just to keep the fridge covered. Cummins recommends 15,000 km changes. They are not in business to keep you M/H working, they are in business to line their pockets with more cash. When I made a claim, I was told NOPE thats from normal wear and tear so your not covered. When a person buys an electronic device or furniture or even a 'c' cell battery, the sales person offers an 'extended warranty' Another term for extra source of income.
Save your money.
Signed "Damn angry I believed them and got ripped off"

Thanks for your response. You have defiantly given me some questions to ask.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Not familiar with that company, but I personally don't believe that extended warranties pay for themselves, in most cases. JMHO

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #8

As you are shopping for the right one, you might find it helpful to read this article from Escapees Magazine on the subject of such contracts.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP Kirk View Post
As you are shopping for the right one, you might find it helpful to read this article from Escapees Magazine on the subject of such contracts.

Thank you, good article. Seems you are the right person to answer my original question. Does the above quoted policy look like value for the money being asked?

Thank you

Old 09-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Not familiar with that company, but I personally don't believe that extended warranties pay for themselves, in most cases. JMHO

.....and that's considering I've got one on the current RV, a hedge on hoping this will be the last unit the wife and I purchase and a hedge against the lack of quality in most units produced in this day and time. I've done a warranty claim only twice in replacing a satellite system three and the carburetor on the generator three units back. So if I add up the cost of the warranties, minus the cost of the co-pays on the satellite, the carb and the refunds I got for selling or trading the RVs early, I still figure that the two replacement still cost me about $3k.

VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote