Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #29

I know not everyone travels as much as I do. I applied for my PenFed in March - traveled in April, May and early June. I earned sufficient points or credits that they are sending me a $500 prepaid visa card. I'm sure my wife will take good care of that card but I've already figured a Scangauge Diesel is the first purchase. She can have it then. The PenFed card seems to work well for me and I'll continue to recommend others use it.

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
GWinger,

I agree completely. PenFed and GasBuddy or MSNgas.

Some say that FJ-Pilot have more space for manuevering, have DEF or propane which may be worth it to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
I know not everyone travels as much as I do. I applied for my PenFed in March - traveled in April, May and early June. I earned sufficient points or credits that they are sending me a $500 prepaid visa card. I'm sure my wife will take good care of that card but I've already figured a Scangauge Diesel is the first purchase. She can have it then. The PenFed card seems to work well for me and I'll continue to recommend others use it.
Good goin' 1ciderdog, Very good use of the card. Sounds like your using the one with the 'points'. Didn't know they give you the 'points' or 'credit' in the form if a visa debit card. Handy for you, huh? I'm glad for the choice. I chose the credit on each statement.
My wife likes the way our Discover card works with the 'points' or 'cash-back' as they call it. She usually cashes it in once a year or so for what ever. It usually is for $500-$750. The Pen-Fed card will probably be used for mainly fuel on the road. We travel about 4-5 months out of the year. I will probably use the Pen-Fed card for gas too but getting my wife to switch would be a problem as old habits die hard.

John, Yes, Gas Buddy and also MSNgas are both of great use. I have them both on my Android from Virgin Mobile. It has both Wi-Fi and GPS, so for info I do need to stop somewhere to use their Wi-Fi such as a McDonald's or a lot of other restaurants have Wi-Fi.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform some folks that don't know,... If you would like to use some of the apps available for Android, you CAN without having phone service too. I don't make or receive lots of calls so for phone service I use a Tracfone. The only app I started out needing was one to locate a satellite for direct. I know it's not hard to find without an app but what's difficult is to KNOW that it's not being covered by a tree or building before you actually obtain a signal.
My satellite finder app shows me where the satellite is even if it's tree covered.
My daughter and son-in-law gave me an Android for Christmas. The satellite finder app cost $20 but the others I have were FREE. I have weather, three fuel reporting apps, I can even check my email. I can send emails also but don't because of the small touch buttons and my FAT fingers.
GWinger.

Tags
fuel