Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #99

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205
Ok the land fill statement got me. !!! I guess a good quality grill will remain a good quality grill until the day it dies. It will not gradually deteriorate. Truth be told, I have a quality coleman , that is perfect for me, and I got it at a garage sale for $3.00.., because the tube that connected the tank was plugged. Coleman sent me a new tube, no charge. Now, thats customer service.
Btw - Seven Grills in a Land Fill is sung to the toon of Six Days on the Road - and I'm gonna make it home tonight. : No offense intended.

I'm still pondering portable grills and wondering if anyone dealt with the electric shut off with their propane system when installing an Extend a Stay or other propane T.

I do have a 4.5 lb tank and have thought of just carrying one of my home grill tanks with us. But the Extend a Stay would be nice. I don't want to refill green cans myself and don't want to toss em in the land fill with all those old warn out grills.

Thanks for all the good info.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #100

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Any of you with the Extend A Stay have an electric cutoff switch with your RV Propane tank. Mine looks like this.
Attachment 40314
Had RV in the shop and asked them to install one. The guy said no, no manual cutoff and he wouldn't do it. Was he over his head or is it not something that should be done with an electric regulator - perhaps pipes were no readily accessible?? I'm scratching my head over this, but haven't crawled around looking for answers.

As for grills for the road. Have to upgrade but not sure what just yet. I do want indirect heat and smoke ability. I can smoke with a gas grill - but it's getting low - 250 degree heat that's hard to achieve. All of the 10-12k btu small grills I look at seem to be over heated for their size. Anyone have a low and slow portable grill to recommend?
Hi Steve & or Annie,
One item on my list during my annual service this past April was for the shop to hookup the Extend-A-Stay that I had. Our Monaco tank has a coach center-line location and also has an electrical cutoff. I don't recall any mention of the electrical cutoff just some convoluted explanation about it could be done but would be complicated and difficult. By then we were scheduled to hit the hiway so let it go at that. Still have the Extend-A-Stay in original packaging and would still like to have it installed. I'll be looking here as to any answers that pop up.

Regards,
Tom Terrific & his wonder wife Melody

Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomthepilot
Hi Steve & or Annie,
One item on my list during my annual service this past April was for the shop to hookup the Extend-A-Stay that I had. Our Monaco tank has a coach center-line location and also has an electrical cutoff. I don't recall any mention of the electrical cutoff just some convoluted explanation about it could be done but would be complicated and difficult. By then we were scheduled to hit the hiway so let it go at that. Still have the Extend-A-Stay in original packaging and would still like to have it installed. I'll be looking here as to any answers that pop up.

Regards,
Tom Terrific & his wonder wife Melody
TT & WWM - thanks for the info. Pretty much what I heard as well. At least there is some agreement. I recall something about the pipes being solid, sealed fittings and the proximity of an "open" gas line / new fitting and electricity. It made some sense at the time. Don't want to blow myself up! We will see what others have to offer on this. Can't believe we are the only two.
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #102

Monaco Owners Club
I'm having a real issue with my new weber Q100....

Leave it at home on the stand or take it in the rv...

I know - since it just a great cooking grill, I'll just get another one - but this time the 120 http://www.amazon.com/patio-lawn-garden/dp/B0045UBBG8 with the fold out platforms to hold all the stuff I use when grilling !!!

Thanks for talking me into this one !
Old 06-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #103

i have heard nothing bad about the weber q's and showed my wife them the other day at the store.because of the interest i showed and the questions she asked i will have to wait until after fathers days to see if she bought me one or if i will be buying one. probably going to go with the Q-220 if i choose one.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #104

National RV Owners Club
Love our Q120! Only taken it camping once so far and it performed great.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #105

I have a Weber Q200. It is large enough to entertain a party and it is easy to set up. I bought an adapter hose and a 7lb tank instead of those expensive little cans of propane. 3 yrs and going strong.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #106

Winnebago Owners Club
Weber Q 100. Its fantastic-Also bought the extension hose and I run it of a 20# tank
Fatfendr38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #107

Newmar Owners Club
Weber Genesis 330 works great for me. Easy to store and cooks great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1852.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	40683   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1833.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	40684  

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #108

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Weber Genesis 330 works great for me. Easy to store and cooks great.
That's a sweet set up! I recently learned of the toy haulers with the ramps that turn into decks. May go that route on next upgrade.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #109

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/BBQ020#.Ub0__u69Lfo

I just got a traeger for Father's Day. Not sure about the tsilgate version but you won't go back once u try it
Old 06-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #110

I just unwrapped and used my q220 I got for an early Father's Day. I must say I am impressed
Old 06-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Another not so happy owner of a Coleman Road trip grill. I wanted a Weber Q but it wouldn't fit in any of the basement storage bins on my Damon Outlaw. I might get one now though.

But since the Road Trip was annoying I found a real love for cooking over a camp fire. I've gotten pretty good at it and really enjoy the whole process.

Something to think about
I am in the same boat. We're set up on a permanent site, and I mentioned to the Mrs. that I wanted to shop for a grill. In the interim, I started cooking on the open fire with a cheapie $14.00 grate that I bought at the camp store. I'm no longer looking for a grill as I've come to enjoy cooking on a fire. I am looking for a 16" round pizza stone and I will weld up a round steel cover/lid for the stone. I want to make pizza on the grill too....
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #112

Tailgate TREAGAR. We love this and fits about 8 hamburgers, rectangle grill that smokes as well as grills. Carry a small bag of wood pellets, no mess! Amazon.com carries for about 250.00. Fits nicely in our basement of our 2003 Winnegabo 35u.