Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #85

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
The Roadtrip grill ...

When you fold it all up to stow it, it doesn't lay flat and rocks like a teeter-totter ...
You make some good points about the Roadtrip. It's not perfect, but it is portable, and if you remove the handle after you have folded the legs (one button) it will lie flat in the pass-through. At least mine does ...
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #86

I decided to scrap my Coleman grill and get something new. I liked the Weber Q-grill, but it is a little too tall to fit in the space where I wanted to store it.

I finally bought the Pro-Iroda O-Grill. It becomes very compact when the legs fold up. I used it almost daily on a six week trip, and have been very happy with it. Amazon.com: Pro-Iroda O-Grill 1000 Portable Gas Grill - Red: Everything Else
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
I decided to scrap my Coleman grill and get something new. I liked the Weber Q-grill, but it is a little too tall to fit in the space where I wanted to store it.

I finally bought the Pro-Iroda O-Grill. It becomes very compact when the legs fold up. I used it almost daily on a six week trip, and have been very happy with it. Amazon.com: Pro-Iroda O-Grill 1000 Portable Gas Grill - Red: Everything Else
You talked me into it! Found a green one on Overstock with coupon good this weekend for $118 total free ship. Red was about $5 more ...
Old 04-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #88

National RV Owners Club
We're not ready to throw out the Roadtrip yet, but we did add another grill to our arsenal of cooking devices. It's the Char Broil Grill 2 go. It's an infrared portable and having a infrared at home I love the way they perform and no flare ups from fatty burgers or skin on chicken. Got it off of Amazon. Hoping it will be nice, nothing but 4 and 5 star user reviews on Amazon.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #89

well I did change my mind as I seen the camp chef at our local runnings store and they want $367 for it so I checked amazon and they want $164 and free shipping... Amazon.com: Big Gas 3 Burner Grill Black/red: Sports & Outdoors
Old 06-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #90

For what you pay for a Weber, you could have a brand new grill every year for the next 6 or 7 years. In other words, when you are on the last year of the "old' Weber, I am on the first year of my new "cheapo"...
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
For what you pay for a Weber, you could have a brand new grill every year for the next 6 or 7 years. In other words, when you are on the last year of the "old' Weber, I am on the first year of my new "cheapo"...
I've had the "cheapo" brand which was just that, cheap! Promptly went into the trash & was quickly replaced by the Weber Q grill.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #92

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any of you with the Extend A Stay have an electric cutoff switch with your RV Propane tank. Mine looks like this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1783580651.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	474.6 KB
ID:	40314
Had RV in the shop and asked them to install one. The guy said no, no manual cutoff and he wouldn't do it. Was he over his head or is it not something that should be done with an electric regulator - perhaps pipes were no readily accessible?? I'm scratching my head over this, but haven't crawled around looking for answers.

As for grills for the road. Have to upgrade but not sure what just yet. I do want indirect heat and smoke ability. I can smoke with a gas grill - but it's getting low - 250 degree heat that's hard to achieve. All of the 10-12k btu small grills I look at seem to be over heated for their size. Anyone have a low and slow portable grill to recommend?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #93

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns

I've had the "cheapo" brand which was just that, cheap! Promptly went into the trash & was quickly replaced by the Weber Q grill.
I'm with you!! Seven grills in a land fill has a ring to it. Just not one I can dance to. :
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #94

Ok the land fill statement got me. !!! I guess a good quality grill will remain a good quality grill until the day it dies. It will not gradually deteriorate. Truth be told, I have a quality coleman , that is perfect for me, and I got it at a garage sale for $3.00.., because the tube that connected the tank was plugged. Coleman sent me a new tube, no charge. Now, thats customer service.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #95

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Untill you try the Weber "Q" you won't understand why the owners love them over anything they have ever owned.

It's simply the way they cook...
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #96

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Long View Post
Untill you try the Weber "Q" you won't understand why the owners love them over anything they have ever owned.

It's simply the way they cook...
Now that I've got one..Yep!
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #97

In my seventh year with the Coleman RoadTrip. Beware, there are different models of them, some with cheesy aluminum cooking grates and everthing else looks cheap. The better model will have heavy cast iron grates which do a great job on searing. Looked at the Weber 200Q at Wal-Mart and at $299 it looked no better than the Coleman or a lot of others out there.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #98

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the Weber Q200. I have also added a connection to my coach propane tank so I don't have to carry around an extra tank. Had ours for over 10 years and still doing great. Also have the bag and cart. Fits nice in side compartment.
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote