Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #1

Outdoor Resort in Indio, CA

I recently stayed at the Outdoor Resort Resort in Indio, CA. While there, they had a "Trailer Trash" party. It basically made fun of less fortunate people than this "elitist" group. Unbelievable that these people thought they are "better" simply because they have more money.
Needless to say, I won't stay there again.

Check it out and tell me what you think.

ORI Trailer Trash party 3-18-15 - HarveyPhotos
LAHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No different than dressing like rednecks, hillbillys, Pirates, Irish (St Patty Day) or Mexican (Cinco De Mayo) for a party. I've seen worse photo's of WallMart shoppers.

You're taking life too serious. You need to be able to laugh at yourself.

In regards to less fortunate, I have tent and RV camped with scouts who were clean, respected nature, the laws and fellow campers.
Being rude, smelly, leaving scattered garbage, mistreating animal life and property, making noise throughout all hours of the night, and stealing from others does not define a person who is less fortunate. It defines a butt hole.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #3

Rexhall Owners Group
Just what we need is another person who is "offended".
Old 04-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I didn't get the impression they were being 'elitist' or making fun of others at all. It's not unusual for campers to have a theme day of one sort or another. Just having some fun with their fellow campers.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:30 AM   #5

My impression from the photos is that they are making fun of themselves by dressing up as the stereotype some people have of those of us that choose this lifestyle. Nothing more than self deprecating humor.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
People just having fun, no different then when we are having an 80's party or toga party or even a Halloween party at our house.

Kinda funny that someone signs up and makes this their very first post.... smells a little "trollish"
Old 04-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just people having fun I'd say. Better than sitting in your trailer playing Sudoko or some other solitary practice! Looks kinda like my family reunion - grin
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks sort of like something you would expect in a movie rather than real life.

We had the fortune to stay in a campground in CA where the clientele was less than affluent. It was the first day friendliest campground we have been in. Many came by and said hello, many asked if we would like help. All appeared happy. They were in much better conditions than the party portrayed.

We are way too immersed in political correctness.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Must not have been invited to the party.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I read this post early this morning before anyone responded and I was still a little cranky. I typed pretty much what the other eight posters wrote, than erased it thinking I would go easy on the OP. The only thing different, that I added in my post this morning, is that there are people being beheaded, countries falling and our own country being sold down the road and you're upset about people enjoying life without doing drugs, rioting or protesting...wow!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Homeboy.........first.......I see this is your first post here ......so
I really don't think these folks are making fun of anyone.......they are just having a dress up party and having fun. I have a trailer court next to my property and wish they looked and acted like those folks!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I read this post early this morning before anyone responded and I was still a little cranky. I typed pretty much what the other eight posters wrote, than erased it thinking I would go easy on the OP. The only thing different, that I added in my post this morning, is that there are people being beheaded, countries falling and our own country being sold down the road and you're upset about people enjoying life without doing drugs, rioting or protesting...wow!
First world problems, Don, first world problems.

The mind set of "if I micro manage everybody else, then I don't have to manage myself".
Old 04-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #13

Talking Needed to be there

I like having fun with the best of them, but when you have 200 "campers" in their Class A ONLY Motorhomes sitting on $100k lots, in a gated RV resort, getting together to have a "Trailer Trash" party, it was more than just having fun! And by the way - I wasn't offended, just unimpressed that they think that all of us aren't as fortunate as them.
LAHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #14

Guess there aren't many of us left out here that think it's wrong to make fun of a certain group of people. This attitude also shows up in our younger kids nowadays. That goes for hillbillys and rednecks, too.

St. Pat's Day, Cinco de Mayo, a Halloween party, 80's party, Mardi Gras, etc. is completely different. You're not making fun. You're joining in with a festive group of people and celebrating WITH them, not outcasting them.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door