Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Outdoor tv

I am thinking about adding an outdoor tv to the rv. I don't want to cut a hole in the slides or side of the coach. The option I seem to be coming back to is an outdoor portable unit. The tv would store in the basement but come out and sit on a freestanding table or stand of some sort. I like the tv to be at eye level rather than the height of the basement. Has anyone built or bought a stand that was portable and easy to store?

2005 Country Coach 40 foot Inspire 330
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
American Coach Owners Club
We bought a nice set of 4 folding wooden TV/snack trays that are pretty sturdy and about the right height for your purpose. We do not watch TV very often, but we keep one on board to set the Weber Q grill on when there's no picnic table on site.

Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Install a combo coax plug and 110v plug on the side of the RV with a dust cover or hide behind wheel well or inside basement to connect tv to. Then decide on type of portable mounting bracket you want for TV.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:44 AM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
I think there are brackets you can buy at Campers World ...one fits on the side of the rv and the other on the tv....I installed an electrical outlet in my compartment, and also ran a cable tv cable from the other side of the MH ..using a splitter with a receptical in the compartment next to my entrance door...then you can put the tv either on the wall of the MH with the brackets or on a table or in my case, I just sit it inside the compartment...sitting in folding chairs outside it just about at eye level..

Then at night, I just close the compartment with the tv inside, and its locked and secure...I saved the box the tv came in and slide it inside the styrofoam and leave it in the compartment when traveling..
kchadw1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
The idea I have is to buy a walker and transform it into a tv stand. It will fold up flat and also provide a stable platform to sit the tv on. I already have a coax and outlet in the basement so all I am looking for is some type of sturdy portable stand. Somehow a folding chair doesn't seem stable enough to support a 40" tv. The idea of making it remote from the camper is to be able to position it so it doesn't bother the neighbors.
2005 Country Coach 40 foot Inspire 330
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #6

Amazon.com: Ready America MRV3500 Travel TV Wall Mount: Electronics
Jim & Sandy
2011 Discovery 36J
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #7
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is where I put mine in my Dutch Star. It had a good kind of dead space spot so I used it. It did take some creative engineering though. Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV outside.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	58053  
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP3569 330 CAT - Toad Jeep Liberty, DW is the Nagivator. Work to travel and everything revolves around the price of diesel.
rvjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
I did pretty much the same, took a small partial bay i had and repurposed a section of for a 32" LED tv / Blu-Ray player / Vizio Soundbar setup. Small portable generator goes behind it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-527749260.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	473.0 KB
ID:	58093   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1892868919.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	58094  

Name:	image-1313961612.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	530.0 KB
ID:	58095  
2006 37' Damon Astoria DP 3595 Pacific Edition
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
Ozzy & Morgan - mini Dachshunds
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #9
Very nice installation!
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
I built an outside tv mount from a rvforum article. Cost about $150. Bit works great. Check on forum.

gabeears is offline   Reply With Quote