Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2017, 10:18 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Overhead LED dome lights

ITC the mfger of the LED overhead 4" dome lights is sending me replacements for free that are burnt out or flickering. There's 9 very small SMD LEDS inside each dome. Part # 69321BLS-3K. Read on this site they are underrated for 12v.
If your having problems write them. Website is on outside edge of base after you pull one out. Include date and mfger of your RV. Good customer service.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #2

TYVM
Old 05-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
ITC Mfg.

We have an 2016 Itasca 35F and most of the ceiling lights have gone out 10 out 13 p/n69240ns-21-3k we got it touch with Winnebago who then told us about the problem and where to call so the wife called ITC and the folks there were very nice and helpful and are sending us 10 free lights and will replace any more with that same part number....
Great Customer Service!!!!!

Mike Haston
mhaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #4

Just wanted to add my $0.02: I recently bought LED dome lights to replace my incandescent ones, and was shocked to find that the old incandescent lights, although shielded by a metal backing had charred the ceiling material to the point that it crumbled when touched. Based on this I would recommend going with LED lighting ASAP. One other thing I noticed is that the lenses create a weird pattern of alternating yellowish and bright white light. I've slid a piece of yellow paper behind the lens for the time being to diffuse it.
Taarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Some of those "12v" leds are exactly that - designed for 12.0v, or maybe 12.6v (battery voltage). Problem is, an RV (or car) 12v system operates between 13.3v and 14.8v much of the time, and some of those leds have insufficient power regulation to handle it. Most leds makers (in China) have learned that by now, but some bad examples still turn up from time to time.

Leds are very voltage sensitive (they actually run at around 2v), so a bit of over or under voltage drives them nuts.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #6

Agree w Gary....
Ive had a number of cheap LEDs self distruct w alternator and charger V on boat & RV.
Buy LEDs rated for 10-30 V.
MarineBeam.com is one good source I've used... they build in control circuitry into their LEDs.
They also sell a separate control that will protect a number of unprotected LEDs.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light, lights