Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Overstepping your site

I noticed some cgs have signs posted saying"slide cannot extend past post".
Your site is marked off by posts and you MUST stay within the bounds.

I have been in a lot of cgs where the rv pulls in, parks, puts slides out, and
then see their slides extend into the neighbors site.
Most people just leave it there, not caring that they are overstepping their site.

Then when they leave they wash out hoses while spraying down the carpet on your site.

Rv etiquette seems to be on a downhill slide.
One cg owner told me his sites were from the day when there were no slides, so everyone had room. Now with slides on both side of rvs, we are
expected to respect our neighbor.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
If campsites are so close together your slide is intruding into the next campsite, it sounds like a parking lot, not a campground. Yes, I agree many folks seem to think neighbors want to hear their music or TV choices, walk through your site to save a step or two, and generally act as if they have a right to more space than you. Other than campgrounds listing long lists of rules and regulations (that thoughtless folks won't think pertains to them) I'm not sure how you can educate clueless people.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #3

We atv at the dunes and one of the "Campgrounds" is literally a parking lot. More than once we have arrived to find the people next to use have parked their motorhome right on the line and extended their slide right into our spot. Before I even pull in I go over and let them know that either they get their slide on their side of the line or I will be parking my quads in their spot.
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I too would fix that problem by not staying in a cg like that.
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #5

A couple of times over the past 35+ years I have been placed in the tight site situation mentioned in this thread. My stay at the campground was and will never be more than one night.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have to agree, common courtesy and respect have gone out the window everywhere, not just the campgrounds.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
I have to agree, common courtesy and respect have gone out the window everywhere, not just the campgrounds.
Boy, ain't this the truth.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:37 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's the latest thing taught in school now. I'm entitled to everything and it's all about Me ME ME!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
We stay along the California shore a lot, daughter living in San fran, and us southern cal. Packed in like sardines, into spots made for 20 year old RVs . The price we pay for expensive land on the beach.

Lol once my alarm clock woke the neighbor because our slides were both out within 2 inches of each other! Lol. And one time we could only let out one slide because the neighbor overlapped to our side. Grrrr!

Oh yeah, then there was a guy next to us that hit his head on our slide. I heard this big thump and then a bunch of swearing. He had a bad night, cleaning up after his dog right next to our slide. Poor guy.

Of course you have to blame the shoddy work at the desk filling the spots with the right size rv. I've learned now to give them a 3 foot larger size rv to insure the decent size spot.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOwl View Post
Of course you have to blame the shoddy work at the desk filling the spots with the right size rv. I've learned now to give them a 3 foot larger size rv to insure the decent size spot.
That won't work for some like us. Ours is already an honest 45' and quad slides.
If someones slides extend into my site I'd be talking with management about it. You paid for the site and should be able to use it to it's full extent.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #11

Agreed that what you describe is more of a parking lot than a CG. I hope to never have to stay in one like that. Admittedly, I am amazed anyone would. What is the point of having an RV if you are going to just park it in a parking lot crammed in with other RVs with no privacy? That seems to go against every reason I bought an RV. To each their own I guess. A regular CG can be bad enough when hosts are lax and the people abuse the rules with the new "it's about me and if there is a problem it is you!" attitude that seems to get worse every year.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #12

This is exactly why I almost never stay at commercial camp grounds. I have yet to be in a state park, national park, national forest, or COE camp ground where my neighbors were close enough to worry about.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #13

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
It's the latest thing taught in school now. I'm entitled to everything and it's all about Me ME ME!
I have to respectfully disagree, I was an educator for over 30 years and it's not taught is school. It is an attitude of many in society, parents who think their child is special or would never do wrong. Don't blame it on schools or teachers.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:19 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
This is something I always address when I make reservations at a CG. I ask what the width of the sites are. Even if the sites are wide enough to accommodate slides I don't want to be sitting right up against my neighbor. But that's just me.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote