Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Oxygenics Shower Head

Hey everyone.

It's early but I want to replace the shower head in our motorhome. Camping World sells one called the Oyxygenics Shower Body Spa. It supposedly has a unique feature that adds oxygen to the water to make it better for your skin. They also are water saving devices. It's actually a pretty unique looking shower head and I'm considering it over other options available at Lowes or Home Depot. We're not really into the shower heads that deliver a fixed, gentle rain like water flow. We like the ones that are adjustable from a concentrated stream to a broader pattern.

Does anyone have this showerhead? If so what do you think of it?
Does anyone have any recommendations on a particular shower head that works well in a motorhome, or other RV.

Thanks everyone.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #2

Oxygenic Showerhead

The Oxygenic showerhead is worth every penny and then some. It delivers a powerful spray and rinses you clean. Would definitely recommend it.
sunshineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Add

Installed the shower head and was pleased from the get go. It's rinsing ability with apparantly less water is great.
Add is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #4

Hadn't read anything bad about them on the forum. Seems everyoneloves theirs
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
We also got our Oxygenics shower head through Camping World because, at the time, they had the best price. There are many places that sell them. They are different than what you're used to - unique in that you get very wet. I really do prefer it in our coach, however, I learned I needed to take precautions because it sort of splashes off of us and over the shower wall. The original equipment didn't but man... not a lot of pressure.

Oxygenics is a great improvement. It really isn't more pressure - it just seems like it.

There are 4 years worth of postings on one thread regarding this shower head on this forum. Most are extremely positive.

Also - no problem installing. We just unscrewed the original head and screwed in this one. Did use a little teflon tape that came with the head, but probably didn't need it.
Fencebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What a difference it makes! I can take a longer than I expected shower without running out of hot water even with only a 6 gallon water heater and I have plenty of pressure to rinse off soap and shampoo quickly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #7

Love-it! Great up-grade.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Buy it, install it, enjoy it!
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #9

Got mine on eBay, forget what I paid BUT it was quite a bit less than Camping World . . . works great!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd be a bit curious how it adds oxygen to the water. H2O Hmmm
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If yo have the time here is a thread on the Oxygenics Shower Head that has been running for 3 years.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/oxyge...ead-40782.html
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #12

re: "I'd be a bit curious how it adds oxygen to the water. H2O Hmmm" -- adds air, rest is hype. It's basically a mixing device for air and water to get better water velocity in smaller drops.

The better velocity in smaller drops does help to reduce water consumption with good shower effect.

re: "adjustable from a concentrated stream to a broader pattern." -- these things may do something similar on the 'concentrated stream' end but are nowhere near as effective as the Oxy brand seems to be. Many 'holes in a foil' typical RV OEM shower heads are of the 'broader stream' type and that type tends to be rather hard on water use.
BryanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bought ours thru a local dealer at home and got one heck of a deal. To date the best shower head we have ever owned. We have one in the sticks and bricks as well.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #14

I wonder how many owners have actually performed a flow-rate test. Out of the many pages of replies on the previous thread about this shower head, only one person performed a flow-rate test. His results concluded his OEM shower head had a lower flow-rate than the oxygenics.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower