Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pacific Pride RV Fuel Card Lock Program

Good Morning All
Wondering if anyone uses the Pacific Pride RV Fuel Card Lock Program. If you do, how do you find what the price is before pumping. We signed up through Pioneer Fuel and have been told we must call each time we fuel for the price, no web site.
We would also appreciate your comments about actual savings verses other fuel programs and what you think about convenience or anything else that is either pro or con.
Thank You
Tom and Barb
2000 Bounder 39Z

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I have had a card for a few years. I use it mainly for convenience as necessary as they are usually priced higher than other dealers in the area.

They used to send out an email showing pricing in various locations, but the girl that did that no longer works for Pioneer, and no one has continued it. So bottom line, yes you have to call in for pricing.

Two benefits are, they are very easy to pull into, and there is usually no wait.

BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi tnrvers,
There is no way, except by calling, to determine the price you will pay. This is the main reason I did not sign up with them. Convenience is the benefit of this plan. If they are where you are, the convenience may be worth the program.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #4

I used Pacific Pride for a couple of years but stopped after they stopped sending the email with current location prices. It seemed to me the cost was above the neighboring stations but I never had to wait in line to get fuel and the locations were easy to drive in and out of. I still carry the card and may use it at some point.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Murphy fuel @ Walmart is cost efficient. Go in the store and load a gift card and you save $.03/gl. If you get a Walmart charge card you save $.05/gl.
Not the easiest to get in and out of but I have made it every time with a 38' MH & toad.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
laj

I use it all the time. As others have said 24-7 access no lines, lots of locations, don't have to put up with anyone. The other thing i like is they have a high turn over of fuel so i dont worry about garbage in it.I find that for the most part it it is between 2-10 cents cheaper then local price.
Wouldn't travel without it.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We had their card for many years because getting a 40 footer in is usually much better at their locations. I never checked the price. Just closed out the account because we are fulltiming now in our 3rd week and probably won't need their card. Just one more piece of plastic to carry.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
I also use Pioneer Fuel. Before I need fuel, I check the price by calling and checking multiple locations along my route. Then I consult other fueling places using the internet. Then I make a decision as to where to fuel based on price and ease of entry/exit. You will find that Pacific Pride will either be higher or lower, sometimes as much as 10 cents/gal, so you can make the decision, no big deal. I only buy fuel at places that have a high fuel turnover to avoid the problems with dirty fuel.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We used to have it, but since they required it to be a commercial account and use something like 200 gals a month we quit using it when we closed the business. We also found that the fuel was more expensive by some 10 a gallon and sometimes more. Convenient to get only one bill but sometimes hard to find when we needed it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #10

Pioneer Fuel offers RVers a non-commercial account with no minimum purchase requirement. A national and Canadian directory of Pacific Pride (Petro in Canada) locations is available from Pioneer Fuel. My directory was free but I was charged for shipping.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
A Pacific Pride card does have an annual minimum purchase requirement, but Pioneer Fuel Pacific Pride Commercial Fueling Network is a reseller and does not have any minimum requirement.

I have the Pacific Pride locations loaded as POIs on my GPS device and have never had a problem locating one when needed. You can download the CSV file or an iPhone/iPad or Android app here: Pacific Pride Commercial Fueling - Cardlock Fuel Network - USA and Canada
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
pacific pride.

I enrolled and do carry the P.P. card, Yes it's more expensive than most area gas stations,/truck stops. But it is premium fuel. with all additives already in the fuel so no need to purchase and carry additives for injector cleaner/lube. I basicly use it because it's just around the corner of the home. I fill the tanks upon return from a trip before putting m/h away. I'm ready for trips without the trip for fuel before departure. A lot of the truck stops won't allow r/v into the commercial fuel lines and their diesel pumps are not user friendly for units with trailers/toads. So for me it's just a conveinence.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchracer View Post
A lot of the truck stops won't allow r/v into the commercial fuel lines and their diesel pumps are not user friendly for units with trailers/toads. .
I use the commercial pumps all the time, with the toad, and have never seen anything that denied access to RVs. What brand truck stops are you talking about?
elgarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgarc View Post
I use the commercial pumps all the time, with the toad, and have never seen anything that denied access to RVs. What brand truck stops are you talking about?
Most truck stops in Indiana require a dot stamp to use the commercial pumps.

Tags
fuel