Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pacific Shores in Newport OR in Chapter 7

What a dissapointment to try booking a spot at the Pacific Shores Motor Coach resort and find out (from the security guard) that they are not taking any reservations until further notice. Found out through a google search that ORA had entered into a chapter 7 on March 7 with this property. We love this place, have been going down for the last 4 years on the long weekend in September. Perhaps it will open under some other company, but I bet they will end up letting 5th wheels and other RV's in.....which I hope they do if that means staying open. Any suggestions of other parks on the coast that are close to as nice? We may try Bend OR, I heard that the Crown Villa is nice.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
5ers and/or other RV's still won't be allowed, only class A or C , 25' to 45', its in the CC&R's. Most of the lots @ PS are individually owned and a lot of owners didn't add their lot to the rental pool. I think the developer owned about 47 of the lots before filing chapter 7.

mllk3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #3

Yea they went MH only and screwed them selves. Good riddance.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
IMO the biggest problem is the property slipping off into the ocean. We noticed the resale prices for the last couple of years had dropped into the basement.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Yea they went MH only and screwed them selves. Good riddance.
My understanding is that when ORA purchased the once RV park and developed it for lot sales, the city of Newport would only approve the development for class A & C MH's over 25', due to having very windy conditions at the location,100+ mph at times, previously some of the lighter 5ers and TT's ended up on their side.
BTW, Pacific Shores isn't going anywhere, ORO owned the rental rights that are now in chapter 7, that is why the rentals are suspended.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
So, what will be the effect on the individual owners of the non-ORA lots? Additional cash assessments or similar?

It would seem that 40 plus lots (maybe 20% of the total) not covering the costs of common property ownership due to bankruptcy would require additional cash from the remaining owners to keep the lights on, the grass mowed and the gate open?
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
FYI, Pacific Shores is now accepting reservations. Still only MH's at this time. I think the rental prices have been reduced. We can wait to get back up there.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We looked at buying a lot there (104 or 107 as I remember). Decided that we'd rather travel than be tied down (sort of) to one place. Now I'm glad we didn't buy!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Gotta say Most of the owners never show up and with rentals limited to only a few spaces the place was EMPTY, virtually about 3 Mo ago when we went by. With little rental income, Maint and staffing would be a nightmare. Ive only stayed there years ago when it was open to 5th wheels ( what we had at the time ) Gotta say a lot of friends were pretty P off about the exclusive move .. on the nice location I dont think many will be crying for them or the owners .Personally i hope they can resolve the issues Esp the absent owners that are unwilling to rent out the unused space .. an empty park is not good for anyone.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Really enjoyed the place before they went exclusive. It was a great family park. Can't say I'll shed any tears over their current situation
n7bq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We looked at buying a lot there (104 or 107 as I remember). Decided that we'd rather travel than be tied down (sort of) to one place. Now I'm glad we didn't buy!
I don't know when you were looking at these lots but in January of this year, before Outdoor Resorts filed chapter 7, they were trying to get rid of inventory, those lots were reduced to 10k-12k. Many owners that are close leave their MH there so they have a weekend getaway.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by n7bq View Post
Really enjoyed the place before they went exclusive. It was a great family park. Can't say I'll shed any tears over their current situation
Still is a great park for family's to come too. No need to shed any tears as the HOA now owns every piece of developer property and the rental rights. As a lot owner I'm extremely happy, as we now control the resorts destiny. Lots of good changes happening now, both pools have been re-plastered and the equipment has been replaced, the clubhouse HVAC unit have been replaced. Just a start.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mllk3rd
Still is a great park for family's to come too. No need to shed any tears as the HOA now owns every piece of developer property and the rental rights. As a lot owner I'm extremely happy, as we now control the resorts destiny. Lots of good changes happening now, both pools have been re-plastered and the equipment has been replaced, the clubhouse HVAC unit have been replaced. Just a start.
And the hoa will now foot the entire bill for operation .. Look for a major increase in HOA. Fees but I guess that won't matter :-/ to many of the owners ....
My concern would be too many absent owners like yourself who won't rent ( if thats you ) causes the operations cost to escalate ..no matter what 40. - 50 bucks a day per site has to come in or the park can't keep up . But you'll have a pvt park the way you want it that's the upside I guess
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
And the hoa will now foot the entire bill for operation .. Look for a major increase in HOA. Fees but I guess that won't matter :-/ to many of the owners ....
My concern would be too many absent owners like yourself who won't rent ( if thats you ) causes the operations cost to escalate ..no matter what 40. - 50 bucks a day per site has to come in or the park can't keep up . But you'll have a pvt park the way you want it that's the upside I guess
The HOA has been footing the bill for about a year and a half, reason for judgments against Outdoor Resorts, as they weren't paying the dues on the developer owned lots, now approx. 44 lots, and Outdoor Resort ultimately filing chapter 7 due to the judgments. Reason we now own everything.
BTW, my lot is in the rental pool, ocean and light house view, some lot owners elect to exclude their lots, whatever they want do do is OK with me.
About 3 months ago, when you were by, was the beginning of when owners start showing up for the summer and no lots were being rented out at that time due to the Outdoor Resorts Bankruptcy filing. That's probably why it looked empty at that time.
There are about 170 lots sold out of 213 so the extra $ for the unsold lots has not been much, still worth it.