Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-02-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
Painting the walls in my motorhome

I need to brighten the inside my 2003 Gulfstream friendship trio motorhome been reading a lot of RV people thet have painted the walls in there RV. now I am ready to do it. the problem is I have no idea on colours. all the cupboards and woodwork is white and is in good condition. need imput on colours you would think would go with the white

SATBOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2016, 03:29 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
What about a color to go with the outside graphics?

Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:17 AM   #3
Unless you are planning on selling it, just use what you like, you are the one that will be sitting there and looking at it all the time. I would gladly recommend colors, but I am color blind. What I think, doesn't always match. If you go into a paint store, ACE Hardware, Lowes or HOME DEPOT they will give better recommenditions. I do believe you will have to prime the existing walls before you paint though. Good Luck.
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #4
Drive it to a "design center" or some place where they sell wallpaper and other trim and style things.

They usually have creative sales folks that visit your home and in this case walk out and walk through your unit and make suggestions.

Some wallpapers look nice and would be better look.

But be certian they seek advise of the stock manufacturer specific to use in an rv where it gets hot in storage.

Our 1989 unit still has a factory wallpaper of some sort and it is peeling an just a few places along the edges.
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
The blessing of white is that it goes with anything. I would think the furniture would be more of a consideration in color choices.

Go with colors that make you smile when you look at them! I have the bedroom in our DP painted now and went with a southwestern theme. I actually totally gutted it with the exception of the cabinets. Really cozy in there. I smile and think how much I love it in there each time I am in the MH.

One mod leads to another so:

The bathroom I painted also and put mosaic ties on the wall around the sink above the "splashguard" I also found some tiles "6x6" that i used for art on the walls. Painting really was easy. I did use the paint with primer included. Also washed down the walls prior to painting. Also put cork tiles down on the floor after pulling up the off white carpet. (Quite a learning curve there!) Who'da thunk they would put carpet down THEN put the walls on top of it!

Still have the front to do this spring! Different ideas still floating around the back of my mind, waiting for one to come forward as the plan.

So back to the original question, painting is easy, pick colors you love that work with what you are not changing and start painting!
2001 Tiffin Allegro Bus
Freightliner Chasis
35' w/ 1 slide
McKinney, TX
McKTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Most motor homes have a certain "look" to them, but the ones that have caught my eye are those that are decorated outside the box so to speak.

I saw one with butter yellow walls, white cabinets and navy blue upholstery and curtains. It reminded me of a kitchen and was very pretty.

I saw another that had hunter green walls with deep cherry cabinets and dark red leather upholstery. It looked like a high end bar or lounge.

Whatever you decide, make sure it's something that reflects you and your style.
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #7
If there is a woman in your life let her pick the colors.
Look at some of the same or similar models for sale on line and see what colors they have.
2000 Dutch Star 3891;Dodge Neon Toad.
JohnHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:36 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our walls on our 33 year old MH needed help they wouldn't get clean so I sent the other 1/2 to get a gallon of paint. He came home with the most god alfull color.
He said it was pre-mixed and was 5 bucks. I said I can see why. YUCK. but after repainting the area t don't look 1/2 bad. 1st set new color
2nd set old factory wall paper, just painted over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151206_142337.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	118194   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151016_184017.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	118195  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151206_142515.jpg