Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2015, 10:27 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Palm springs

My wife and myself are planning to go to Palm Springs this winter and we need some advice on what rv parks are good to go to any help would be appreciated all we are looking for is some pools and clean areas

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2015, 10:31 PM   #2

With or without a golf course ? Natural hot pools or just a swimming pool ?
How close to the main down town do you want to be? 15 min drive OK ?
Price range?

Old 08-31-2015, 10:41 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Most of the experience of going down to Palm Springs (or other destinations) is about the people that you meet, the park amenities (what interests you) and what you go see around the area.

More important in my opinion, for the first trip down, is to have a flexible strategy to start in one park (with reservations) and then ask/research/move around and explore!

We started in Shadow Hills RV resort in Indio (basic), relatives were in another spot (Cathedral Palms), and ultimately we moved down to El Centro (Rio Bend golf and RV) as we started having relatives come there as well (I like reasonable and golf). This is over the course of a couple of years.

Hope this helps,
Brian
BrianGlenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:52 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Palm springs

We don't golf so golf courses don't matter we do fish but I think the ocean is to far from there lol. My wife loves to shop so being close to shopping would be good we also like to hike and ride our bikes and if I get a jeep before we go some four wheeling would be good.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:04 AM   #5

Correct; Palm Springs is a ways from the ocean, the main urban area , Palm Springs, Indio , Cathedral City and others , have all the shopping any DW can handle , but heavy traffic so bike riding could be a little risky.
As Brian stated , could be you want to move around and find your spot.
For off road, don't rule out the Desert Hot Springs area, easy access to off road, and areas for hiking and biking. About 15 mins. north of the urban area. About 5 parks there , a couple without golf courses attached and the pad rental is lower.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #6

Can't remember where we stayed (east side of town), they had pools and golf courses. Cost about $110 per night.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #7

I lived in the Palm Springs area for 4 years in LaQuinta. There is plenty of hiking and biking to do there. Totally safe to bike as there are extra wide side walks that will just about take you all over the valley area. Most of the main roads have a bike lane but I preferred the sidewalk. There are several hiking groups that have slot of snow bird members I enjoyed the Coachella Valley Hiking Club. It was very organized and had a wide range of hikes according to your experience. There are several groups on the Meetup website just google that area for them. I joined several of those as well.
I wouldn't recommend a park in Desert Hot Springs unless it is gated with security as that is a very high crime rate area.
You'll love the desert! Shopping is amazing and if your wife likes to go thrift shopping there are dozens of those stores there.
Good luck in your search!

2011 Serrano 31X
Wonderful Life