Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #1

Park stickers

Here is my question class a pulling a toad one weekend next weekend pulling enclosed trailer with 2 motorcycles. How do I permit everything? Even daily passes do you buy 2 one week toad & motorhome. Next week buy 3 motorhome & two motorcycles? How do parks treat an enclosed trailer? How do they treat motorcycles which only ridden through park to campsite used to ride area. Want to be legal at same time this could get expensive. Appreciate all suggestions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Park???? Town? County? State? Federal? Privet???

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #3

I am mainly going to be in South Dakota Nebraska Minnesota Private federal state all I can get to. Mainly wondering what people do with toads and motorcycles do these need to have permits. Is there a normal solution or is every park state etc different and just see on each time basis. Thank you for info
Old 03-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Sargee,
The USA states are pretty consistent with regulations for motor vehicles and trailers. While there can be exceptions, any motor vehicle used on public roads must have a license plate and comply with the insurance laws of that state.

Trailers need a license plate when being towed on public roads. For insurance check with the state DMV.

If the motor vehicle is used only in the CG (private), then the rules for that CG are what needs to be complied with. If the CG is publicly owned, usually the laws concerning public roads is enforced.

If you doubt, check with the state DMV for their rules. This can usually be found on their web site.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
licensing and registrations usually follow the same rules. If you are licensed in your state to drive a certain class vehicle, then the visiting states honor that license. If your state does not require a registration tag for a trailer, then most states honor that. If you were to be summonsed, you would usually beat the rap upon presenting proof from your state of issuance. One exception would be states that allow dual and triple trailering in their state. If your state allows triples but a visiting state doesn't, be prepared for a summons.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
The OP is asking about entry permits for the federal and state parks, not registration tags.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #7

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I think the OP is talking about permits for individual vehicles/cycles inside the park. For instance, he gets a permit for the motorhome. Does he need a permit for the toad? And another for the motorcycles?

If that's his question, I would recommend he contact the parks directly.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
The only input I can give you for your actual question is what happens to us when we go to National Parks like Yellowstone. We have an annual pass for two people. We show it when we enter the park. We don't pay anything else for the RV or the toad. We usually park outside the NP itself, as the campground there are too small for us. When we enter in the toad, we show the pass again.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargee View Post
Here is my question class a pulling a toad one weekend next weekend pulling enclosed trailer with 2 motorcycles. How do I permit everything? Even daily passes do you buy 2 one week toad & motorhome. Next week buy 3 motorhome & two motorcycles? How do parks treat an enclosed trailer? How do they treat motorcycles which only ridden through park to campsite used to ride area. Want to be legal at same time this could get expensive. Appreciate all suggestions.
Generally state parks don't care about trailers. They want you to purchase a permit for any type of vehicle that will be driven in the park that has a motor.

In most cases when you come through the registration station they'll look at what you're towing and tell you whether or not you need a permit for it. If you do need one in addition to the one for the motorhome they'll issue it to you at a discounted rate. In Wisconsin an additional vehicle is 1/2 the cost of the primary vehicle.

You might want to ask about annual permits depending on the number of days you'll be in the state throughout the year. If you stay more than a week in state parks it's generally cheaper to buy an annual permit
Old 03-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
The OP is asking about entry permits for the federal and state parks, not registration tags.
my bad.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #11

In Colorado state parks, when I haul my m-cycle in the toyhauler, they wil give me a free "towed-vehicle" pass for it while I am staying there. Probably need to check with the ranger when you get there, most will work with you to get you what you need for the lowest cost.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
The state parks around here don't really care so much about a window tag or sticker for the MotorHome since it will be parked. The car you will be driving in and around the park is the one they require a window tag on.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #13

Idk what im talking about, but in Minnesota. if you buy a annual state park pass..its good for every state park in Minnesota. and you only have to buy one. and it goes in your window. it lets you get into the park for free..camping is extra. If you was to buy a national park sticker, i believe you would only have to buy one,
and from my own experience, I live down the road from a state park, and i told the ranger that i was a photographer and that i come here often with different clients, but not always in my car, he told me as long as there was a sticker in the window, nobody would even think twice, since all the stickers are the same. So instead of sticking that sticker to my window, i just carry it, and stick it in whatever windshield i may be in that day!
and if you come to minnesota this summer hit me up!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZy507 View Post
Idk what im talking about, but in Minnesota. if you buy a annual state park pass..its good for every state park in Minnesota. and you only have to buy one. and it goes in your window. it lets you get into the park for free..camping is extra. If you was to buy a national park sticker, i believe you would only have to buy one,
and from my own experience, I live down the road from a state park, and i told the ranger that i was a photographer and that i come here often with different clients, but not always in my car, he told me as long as there was a sticker in the window, nobody would even think twice, since all the stickers are the same. So instead of sticking that sticker to my window, i just carry it, and stick it in whatever windshield i may be in that day!
and if you come to minnesota this summer hit me up!!
Wisconsin has the same policy as far as one sticker for all state parks. They do however frown on moving a sticker from 1 vehicle to another. If they catch you doing it they'll make you affix it to the windshield of the vehicle you're driving.