Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
I hate that some places that charge for RV parking normally charge more for RV's ($10 for cars, $15 for RV's) and still make us park far away.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #16

Just don't get yourself boxed in trying to be proper at parking. Always park with a drive threw site in mind. And don't park where two cars on either end can block you.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #17

As others have said, I try and park farther away (in most places, you can manage in 2 spaces end-to-end) for the maneuvering space.

And when my wife can make sweet cream pancakes like the Black Bear Diner...then I won't have my breakfast there when I have the chance. Until then ... well

Steve
Old 06-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #18

Mall parking lots are designed for the most busy days such as the day after Thanksgiving. Go in and park at the back of the lot and protect your exit (so you don't get blocked in) and you won't have any problems. The walk will do you good also. While walking to the store take some shopping carts back with you and help with all RV'ers reputations.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Mall parking lots are designed for the most busy days such as the day after Thanksgiving. Go in and park at the back of the lot and protect your exit (so you don't get blocked in) and you won't have any problems. The walk will do you good also. While walking to the store take some shopping carts back with you and help with all RV'ers reputations.
Just for the Halibut I clicked on your link. That is why it's there, right? Wow! Nice boat you put together there! I chuckled when you were concerned as to whether you could get it out of the door after it was built! Looked at your former Inn also. Very nice.
I've enjoyed reading your threads. Always helpful with a smattering of humor every now and then.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #20

Thank you. The boat was designed to barely fit and it did just barely fit. Now I am ready to sand it down and recoat it. I have built another shed since we retired and made the door twice as big so getting it in and out will be a snap. I also insulated and AC'ed the new shed. Building a boat is much better than seeing a psychiatrist.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Thank you. The boat was designed to barely fit and it did just barely fit. Now I am ready to sand it down and recoat it. I have built another shed since we retired and made the door twice as big so getting it in and out will be a snap. I also insulated and AC'ed the new shed. Building a boat is much better than seeing a psychiatrist.
Ha, ha. Funny you should say that. I ride a motorcycle and we call riding "good therapy".
Old 06-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
"Building a boat is much better than seeing a psychiatrist."

didnt i see you on NCIS?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #23

At big box stores and supermarkets there's usually space in the outer edges of the lot. If not, we keep driving. In small towns we look for on-street parking at one end or the other of the main drag or an immediately adjacent side street, and we can usually find something. We stay away from big cities because they are downright scary in a 52' long truck/trailer combo.
Groovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #24

For the most part I don't have a problem with parking when just traveling with the Moho. However, things can get intereting when pulling the toad on a dolly. Sometimes if we don't have the time to view of the parking situation as we come up on an establishment we want to stop at I'll just commit and turn in and hope for the best. Did get boxed in at a MickyDees with the toad but the driver of one of the boxing pickups noticed my plight and kindly moved to give me room to exit the lot, whew!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #25

Most Cracker Barrels have RV parking. We have had problems we the RV spots taken by cars, we usually try to stop early before the crowd arrives. As others have said we stop at Walmart and park across the parking lot away from the crowd.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've never had a problem at a Cracker Barrel, we don't park in the RV spots because they're usually taken up by cars. We park in a back corner of the lot, away from everyone else, back in parallel to the curb, and sleep like babies all night. Get a good dinner and breakfast, say howdy to the manager and leave early. I love Cracker Barrel.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote