Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #15
National RV Owners Club
This is why I prefer a Truck Stop when fueling my DP. They fuel up and pull forward to go in, I do the same.

ps. Hate the Flying J rv lanes, seems I always get behind the guy that thinks it's time to eat inside.

Joe & Angie
Shih Tzu's Cookie & Rocky
2001 Tradewinds 7390 2011 CRV EX-L Navi w/ RoadMaster FuseMaster
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #16
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
THATS when i wished a D9 CAT dozer just drop the blade &PUSH

Rick & Barbara
"98" 30 'Coachmen C Santara FL (front lounge) V 10
TST tpms, ScanGauge 2 cats Tyler,Lucy
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
I have no problem walking into the store or station and announcing that I need the blue car blocking the pumps moved. I've done it a dozen times or so over the years and really only had one person get back in my face about it. Most folks just don't think about it or realize what they've done and are happy to move.
Toni & Leila
2005 Country Coach Inspire 51431
Orting, WA
courtjester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #18
Yep it's everywhere!! We own two diesels and it seems that the ONLY diesel pump always has some Im more important than you SUV driver at it!! I have them come to my window and inform me that there are OTHER pumps availible ! My answer is .... Really??!! And you would know that how?? Being that MY vehicle requires Diesel, yours does NOT!!! So yep, then they go in and go to the washroom or do some shopping. Then WHEN they do come back they give you that smirk of righteousness !!
I just smile and think to myself, yep you are a jackass all day long!!
When I fill the RV I do go to a Flying J as it way easier to get in and out, at least they have lots of pumps, I gas then move!!
2011 Thor FourWinds Windsport 31D

It is a Hybrid ... it burns both gas AND money!!
ttarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #19
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
why should i have to go store when pay at pump? just some real dumb a-- out there,
&they walk among us
Rick & Barbara
"98" 30 'Coachmen C Santara FL (front lounge) V 10
TST tpms, ScanGauge 2 cats Tyler,Lucy
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm retired and almost never need to be somewhere in a hurry. Getting upset with inconsiderate folks is just too hard. By the time I take on 65 gallons or so of fuel and wash the windshield, I'm sure drivers wait on me sometimes. I try to use Flying Js with RV lanes but, if I get fuel at a place not a truck stop, parking may only exist alongside the pumps of which my 52 feet of Class A plus toad blocks all three of. I just get in and out as quickly as possible.
Bev& Keith
Kyriana(14)Aidan(11), Emily and Olivia (2) Grandchildren
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #21
I just think it just the way everyone does it now. Not so much wrong. Just get your gas and walk in and get a 44oz drink. The new store design created this.
ChallengerRN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 AM   #22
I am not usually in that much of a hurry when I am wanting to gas up. But I did despise that one jackarse last week who spent a good ten minutes in the store, car blocking the pump I needed, then they come out and start gassing their car! Some are just born stupid.
Dodge 2005 Grand Caravan - minicamper at times.
Ford 1988 E150 Action Conversion Van - camper conversion in progress.
Kawasaki 2005 KLR-650 - excursion vehicle.
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:30 AM   #23
and as we all know....you can't fix STUPID!

Truck pumps can be an issue too. Yes, they pull forward to let the next one in, but if that next one is you, often as not you'll STILL need to wait for them to come out. We don't carry near the amount of fuel they do, and therefor fuel up much quicker. That guy that's pulled up to let you in doesn't always consider that when he's in doing his daily duty (or whatever). I've had to back out on several occasions....
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:34 AM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I have noticed in the truck lanes (even at FJ) that truckers almost always move up after fueling then go in to pay. One we saw that did not got some ear splitting air horns. Those guys and gals don't have time to wait for some dope to do their shopping and all seem to get with the program.

For the cars, it is getting harder to use our credit cards at the pump due to the recent fraud with them. We have for years exclusively fueled with them because it is so much faster and easier. If we need something inside just fuel, pay at the pump then go park and go inside. Keep an eye out for those CC "skimmers" that attach to card readers on pumps and ATM machines. Google ATM skimmer and look at images.
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #25

Some people are just too fast to judge and too slow to think. I drive a diesel PU and very often I wait to get to a diesel pump on the driver side. It is always the first pump In the island and the cars behind me regularly honk and yell for me to pull up. I smile and raise the yellow handle and point to it hoping they will understand. Most do not, and drive around me me with fingers and words flying. Only one time did a guy realize he was wrong and say something. So they leave all mad and have a bad day and I leave with a smile and thankful I am not them.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:59 AM   #26
Had two trucks, in the truck lanes, pull forward after filling up, and were angled just enough that we could not get out of our lane which was between them. Sat there, as well as the two trucks behind us, waiting for them to come out with their drinks and snack. Luckily the trucks behind us saw that we could not get out and were patient.
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH
Full timers
Selah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I will leave the truck at the pump while I run inside to crab a bottle of soda. This is because I had a worker at a station call the police and track me down after filling the truck with fuel. Pulled of to the side and went into the station to get some refreshments and pay for the fuel. The worker did not see me pay the other casher for the fuel and called the police. 45 minutes down the road I am pulled over by the state police and I showed them the receipt and they still had me follow them all the way back to the station. So add up the fuel going the three 45 minute trips at 6 mpg and the lost time. I will leave it parked and go inside. Add the $50.00 to $75.00 card limits and it is easier to walk in and give them the card and go back in after filling.
rgmiller32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #28
Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I pulled up to the diesel pump which was the middle of three pumps and behind another car using the last pump. Got out and pumped 50 gallons of diesel. The car in front of me had just pulled out and I was moving forward and turning to leave the pump area when I heard a car horn blow and this car pulled around me and then right in front of me so she could use that pump that was in front of me. She was just backing up to totally block me when I remembered I had AIR HORNS!

She made some really unladylike gesture, put it into drive and gunned the engine driving so fast out of the station I was afraid she would go out of control and hit something.

Then we drove 1 mile to a Walmart to do some shopping. I went to the service desk to return an item of clothing. Standing in line with 2 people ahead of me when this person behind me says in a loud voice "I'm on my break and I need to get ahead of everyone so I can make it back on time" and did so. Kind of wish I had my air horns with me in WalMart I told the woman standing in standing in front of me who was clearly madder than a wet hen "all the important things you need to know in life like sharing, taking turns, and saying yes and thank you are taught in kindergarten" Looks like that person flunked kindergarten." That wet hen burst out laughing and we enjoyed a good few minutes together.
Did that lady "ask" for a break in line or did she just take it? If she had saked and if I was in a good mood I would have let her break in front of me..however, if she just announced that she was breaking line in front of me I would have told her to cool her jets and get in the back of the line or come back later. She would not have taken liberty with my time just because she felt like she had some place to be. I don't condone rude people.

Charles and Martha*2008 Monaco Signature
FMCA #F388752*GoodSam Life Member
2007 Ford Explorer - Toad
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote