Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by LeeRevell View Post
I am not usually in that much of a hurry when I am wanting to gas up. But I did despise that one jackarse last week who spent a good ten minutes in the store, car blocking the pump I needed, then they come out and start gassing their car! Some are just born stupid.
Some pumps require you to go inside to pay, so if there's a long line at the SINGLE cash register, sometimes it isn't the "jackarse's" fault. Last week we were gassing up around lunch time and the line of people with their pre-made sandwiches and junk food took forever.

Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #30

You can honk your Hadleys, fret and curse until you are hoarse, and pound your fists until they turn pink, but the issue will neither go away nor will behavior be improved.

I will not let the behavior of others cause me any futile anger, as long as there is a cold soda is in the fridge, my iPhone has a signal, and patience is still a virtue.

Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #31
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had our worst fueling stop ever today. There was a car left blocking 3 different pumps while she was inside. She finally came out and put a few dollars of gas in and then left her car again. She came back a second time to put some more gas in and finally moved her car. She then pulls up into the HC parking spot and gets out again and after being in the Love's store for a few minutes she pulls up to another pump. The only thing I could think of was she was begging for gas money.
Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
2013 Tiffin Allegro 31SA
2016 Chevrolet Equinox - V6 - AWD
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We pulled into a station behind a gal pumping gas on the last pump. No problem, we need to be on that side, we can wait since she was there when we pulled in. She left and before we could pull forward a guy in a pick up pulls around us and into the next pump up. While my husband is fuming, I get out of the MH and start guiding him forward until the front of the RV is about an inch from the guys bumper. We were able to get our gas, but I think we let the guy know he was a jerk without us saying a thing. The look on his face was priceless. I don't think he knew what we were going to do...lol
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #33
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
Did that lady "ask" for a break in line or did she just take it? If she had saked and if I was in a good mood I would have let her break in front of me..however, if she just announced that she was breaking line in front of me I would have told her to cool her jets and get in the back of the line or come back later. She would not have taken liberty with my time just because she felt like she had some place to be. I don't condone rude people.
She just went to the head of the line without waiting for an answer.
I'm just like CampDaven
I will not let the behavior of others cause me any futile anger, as long as there is a cold soda is in the fridge, my iPhone has a signal, and patience is still a virtue.
I ended up having a very nice conversation with the lady in front of me, the line cutter ended up with nothing but her $24.76 money order she was after and a lot of ill will.
Good Luck, Be Safe and Above All, Don't Forget To Have Fun
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, being pushed by a 2009 Honda CRV
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #34
I work at the Gas Station at a Costco.....you come fuel with me (or any other Costco)....they won't be in your way long...
40 Ft Gulf Stream, 275hp Turbo Cat
Runnin with..Momma, Amy J Dog, Lucy J Dog and Wally J Dog
Gunny068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #35
Guess I've been retired too long, those people don't bother me, I just sit or stand and watch the others get hot and vent. If they start reaching under their seat I do try to make as small a target as possible...so far I haven't been shot, yes I live in the greater Atlanta area. What gets my blood boiling really quick is to be in a back up on the interstate either stopped or moving at the great speed of maybe 3 mph when some "I got to be there NOW" comes flying by in the emergency lane. That I can't take...love the truckers that pull over and block the lane. And you are correct, we have forgotten how to wait, got to have it or do it now. But I've learned how to sit back and smell the roses from way up in the HR.
Fred from Ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #36
Monaco Owners Club
We pull a 32 ft tt and what never ceases to amaze me is how many gas stations off of major interstates are so tiny!! We've pulled off several exits only to find the worlds smallest gas station. My Dh is a wiz at maneuvering and somehow he gets us in and out. (Maybe blocking some pumps but... When in need..)
Coleman pop-up
Jayco Kiwi, Jayco Eagle
Monaco Knight 2006
Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #37
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If there is a line I get up and take a bathroom break or grab a soda. I exercise patience as those who are behind my RV and toad must wait for my big fuel tank to fill. When I pull up to a pump I take up and block a whole island as my filler is near the rear wheel. I don't rush and I try to pay at the pump but that is not always possible at some stations for various reasons.
Now I recently arrived to Oregon and will have an attendant (by OR law) filling my tank. I expect it will take longer to fuel up. Wonder if they clean windshields too?
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:08 AM   #38
Winnebago Owners Club
On my last fill-up (major gas/convenience combo), the lane I chose had a church bus/van in it. Since there was nobody pumping gas, I figured the driver was already inside paying and it would only be a minute or two. I'm patient. Twenty minutes later, my wife went into the store and there were about 20 kids shopping. The driver was yacking it up with one of the cashiers - who I blame since it wasn't hard to see my 32' RV sticking out, almost causing problems for anybody else trying to enter the lot. Five minutes later, I gave up. DW got out and stopped traffic so I could back out and we left. That station lost a $200 sale. Angry? Nope. I'm used to it - I always pick the wrong lane at the grocery store too.
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #39
Tiffin Owners Club
I chose a truck lane at a P/FJ recently that had a truck pulled forward to the hold line. I thought he would surely be finished and out of there by the time I fueled up. Wrong! We sat for a full 30 minutes after I finished fueling, waiting for him to move. He finally came out of the P/FJ with a clean towel under his arm and strolled to the truck, and then moved it to a parking spot!
I use truck lanes for the reason most others do, but I've never seen a trucker be so inconsiderate toward his fellow drivers.
Seeing this country from ground level.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #40
Try Fueling at the Mom & Pops Truck Stops, Prices are better too
2005 Newmar DS 4023, Spartan Chassis, ISL 370 Cumapart, 2008 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, 2015 Kia Soul, 1969 Italian & 2004 Akita
DMTTRANSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #41
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by DMTTRANSPORT View Post
Try Fueling at the Mom & Pops Truck Stops, Prices are better too

What you have to watch here is that fuel does move as fast so fuel problems will possibly be more prevalent; think diesel.
04 Newmar DSDP 4015-Cummins ISL 370hp-Spartan MM Chassis-2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed-Ready Brute Elite Towing System-FMCA 402879-SKP 120487
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:54 AM   #42
Try driving in Texas, pulling your car behind your motorhome, doing the legal speed limit, and moving over onto the blacktop shoulder so cars can pass in a legal passing zone, and nobody passes. Then, when we get to a four lane divided highway watch the cars go flying by and waving the finger at us. There is something seriously wrong with those poor, uneducated, illiterate (never read the driving manual provided by the state), downright stupid morons that do not understand simple etiquette.

NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote