Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Try driving in Texas, pulling your car behind your motorhome, doing the legal speed limit, and moving over onto the blacktop shoulder so cars can pass in a legal passing zone, and nobody passes. Then, when we get to a four lane divided highway watch the cars go flying by and waving the finger at us. There is something seriously wrong with those poor, uneducated, illiterate (never read the driving manual provided by the state), downright stupid morons that do not understand simple etiquette.
Texas drivers are on the top 5 worst driver list, JMO
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Hmmmmm.....
Old 06-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
What we are seeing here is our fault. Yes our fault!

We wanted better for our kids so we gave them Christmas all year long fullfilling their need for stuff right away and the marketers need to sell stuff all the time.

Then we sent them to school where the teacher became responsible to teach the the three R's and a sense of values and morals. Teachers did not want to do this because the parents would not support them if an issue arose.

Then we did not want to see them fail and wanted them to feel good about themselves so everyone gets a ribbon even if they just show up. And you cannot fail them for it makes them insecure and lowers their self esteem.

After they finish school they must get a job that pays really well (more than minimum wage) and does not make them work too hard. If they do not like their job there is always welfare - and you get more money.

"They" have been taught to act the way they do by us, their parents and society as a whole.

I wonder what they are going to be saying once they get retired and into the RV lifestyle?

Penned with tongue in cheek - maybe!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
What we are seeing here is our fault. Yes our fault!

We wanted better for our kids so we gave them Christmas all year long fullfilling their need for stuff right away and the marketers need to sell stuff all the time.

Then we sent them to school where the teacher became responsible to teach the the three R's and a sense of values and morals. Teachers did not want to do this because the parents would not support them if an issue arose.

Then we did not want to see them fail and wanted them to feel good about themselves so everyone gets a ribbon even if they just show up. And you cannot fail them for it makes them insecure and lowers their self esteem.

After they finish school they must get a job that pays really well (more than minimum wage) and does not make them work too hard. If they do not like their job there is always welfare - and you get more money.

"They" have been taught to act the way they do by us, their parents and society as a whole.

I wonder what they are going to be saying once they get retired and into the RV lifestyle?

Penned with tongue in cheek - maybe!
I don't agree the is learned from the parents as much as or Government...
Old 06-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #47

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Angry Inconsiderate people

It is amazing about gas pump hogs. I do not think this is a new behavior. A lot of people are afraid that they will be charged with driving off without paying. In the "old" days you had to into the store to pay for your gas. Now with pay at the pump I think the people are just too lazy to move the vehicle. We see the same behavior in every state we travel in. I love the ones who move their gas car to the diesel island and then go into the store. That happened to us once in Texas. (I like Texans but even in that great state they have a few deadbeats)
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #48

Gas pump hogs of today are no different from yesteryear. We just forget the lousy moments from back when.

Macht nichts!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTTRANSPORT View Post
I don't agree the is learned from the parents as much as or Government...
You are right but we elect the government and then re-elect them when they do stupid things but there is nobody better. We "forgive" politicians who break laws, steal, and line their own pockets. Everybody wants to be liked and they think the way to do that is to give everybody everything.

We like them but do we respect them. The folks who do these things do not respect those around them and I wonder sometimes if they respect themselves.

Now there are a lot of young folks out there who are courteous, caring, respectful, etc. We do not recognize them anywhere near enough.

I make a point of asking for store managers to compliment them on an extraordinary clerk, or compliment a parent who has well mannered children. Way too often we zone in on the bad apples and ignore the good ones.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncason View Post
It is amazing about gas pump hogs. I do not think this is a new behavior. A lot of people are afraid that they will be charged with driving off without paying. In the "old" days you had to into the store to pay for your gas. Now with pay at the pump I think the people are just too lazy to move the vehicle. We see the same behavior in every state we travel in. I love the ones who move their gas car to the diesel island and then go into the store. That happened to us once in Texas. (I like Texans but even in that great state they have a few deadbeats)
Some service stations have signs that say "Do not move your car until the fuel is paid for". They have obviously had fill and go experiences.

I am surprised that the cost of fuel and the vastness of the pump islands that some service stations do not have armed guards roaming around the yard.

If you have ever been on the Ice Fields Highway there is a station at Saskatchewan Crossing. It is a one way with a single pay booth at the out end. An attendant will fill you up and give you a slip of paper that has the pump number and fuel cost on it. To get out you have to pay.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibike View Post
I always pick the wrong lane at the grocery store too.
As my mother was fond of saying, "If you want to find the slowest line, just get in it."
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #52

Gordon said, "If you have ever been on the Ice Fields Highway there is a station at Saskatchewan Crossing. It is a one way with a single pay booth at the out end. An attendant will fill you up and give you a slip of paper that has the pump number and fuel cost on it. To get out you have to pay. "

Hey, I LIKE that idea!
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #53

We have been there so many times over the past 6 years of full timing. At a flying J we waited at the pump while this guy fill his car, went inside for 15 minutes, came back with a bag from Wendy's, look right at us waiting, got in his car and proceeded to eat and did not move. I thought to myself, enough is enough. I got out of my motorhome home and went to his car and told him if he did not move, I would move it for him. I went back to my motorhome, started it up and started to move forward. That guy could not start his car fast enough and move. Maybe he got the point.....
Old 06-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #54

Foretravel Owners Club
I have found the large air horns can educate even the dumbest ass in town. Try it. I also laugh a lot 99% catch on real quick, the other 1% remain clueless, yes they also vote.
Dave M
Genset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a friend who once said when asked who would win the next election "It depends on who has the flashiest bumper sticker".
Old 06-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #56

Parking in front of the gas pump???

You can threaten to push them out of the way, and you can blast your Hadleys at them, but you only affected the moment. They will not change their social (or lack of social) graces.

You may affect a response from some of them, but you are unlikely to "teach" any of them.

Just sayin......
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas