Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
You can threaten to push them out of the way, and you can blast your Hadleys at them, but you only affected the moment. They will not change their social (or lack of social) graces.

You may affect a response from some of them, but you are unlikely to "teach" any of them.

Just sayin......
Sad but TRUE
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #58

If you want to win friends and make a statement at the same time you could pull your rig in front of all the pumps and go get a slurpie inside the store. then open your rig door and disappear inside a while. When someone comes knocking just tell them you're in the bathroom and will be out shortly.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #59

Foretravel Owners Club
Must be the same class of ass that pees on the toilet seat ? Guess their mother never had enough class to teach them either ?
Dave M
Genset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
If there is a line I get up and take a bathroom break or grab a soda. I exercise patience as those who are behind my RV and toad must wait for my big fuel tank to fill. When I pull up to a pump I take up and block a whole island as my filler is near the rear wheel. I don't rush and I try to pay at the pump but that is not always possible at some stations for various reasons.
Now I recently arrived to Oregon and will have an attendant (by OR law) filling my tank. I expect it will take longer to fuel up. Wonder if they clean windshields too?

Yes, just had my windshield cleaned by an Oregon attendant. First time in a VERY long time .
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #61

And when your low on fuel, and it shuts off every $50 and you have to start all over again. If people don't like it, they should get out of bed earlier, or go to a different station. First come first serve. But I do fuel and get out of the way. Our rig is so long with trailer, we block about three or four pumps just to put fuel in the rear of the MH. Never have had any problems though. Slow down and smell the roses. The journey is the destination! And sometimes, but not often I will pull ahead and fill the toad. It is what it is. Out here in the Midwest, you seldom have to wait for a gas pump.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, I thought I had seen it all at the pumps until our return trip from Key West on I-95. I use gas and needed an outside lane due to toad. I wait on side approach, two cars leave, opening the way for me, only to have a honda jump in. I wait, and wait, but no one gets out or is pumping. The windows are dark tinted, so I can't see what is going on while I am blocking 2/3 of the exit lane. My wife gets out, goes over and taps on his window. He was napping! My wife explained we were blocking exit traffic while waiting for him to pull out. He was apologetic and explained that he was taking a nap until his girlfriend got off work at Denny's inside. He wanted her to be able to find him and the car, so he parked in front of door at the pump. Yes, they even nap among us. Lol
Mrfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfoto View Post
Well, I thought I had seen it all at the pumps until our return trip from Key West on I-95. I use gas and needed an outside lane due to toad. I wait on side approach, two cars leave, opening the way for me, only to have a honda jump in. I wait, and wait, but no one gets out or is pumping. The windows are dark tinted, so I can't see what is going on while I am blocking 2/3 of the exit lane. My wife gets out, goes over and taps on his window. He was napping! My wife explained we were blocking exit traffic while waiting for him to pull out. He was apologetic and explained that he was taking a nap until his girlfriend got off work at Denny's inside. He wanted her to be able to find him and the car, so he parked in front of door at the pump. Yes, they even nap among us. Lol
UNBELIEVABLE!! That takes the cake for sheer rudeness and lack of any consideration at all!
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:28 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeRevell View Post
UNBELIEVABLE!! That takes the cake for sheer rudeness and lack of any consideration at all!
Reminds me of the old saying
Quote:
just when they come up with an idiot proof machine the world comes up with a bigger idiot
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas