Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #29

I have no rug/mat but was shopping for one before I went to Road Atlanta for a 3 day race the end of April, of course it rained hard the first night, I put towels down my inside steps and on the folding steps, but I STILL have red Georgia clay footprints on my carpeting, still shopping for the right one.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #30
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Mings Mat I believe. 9'x16'.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have a patio mat we bought about 7 years ago ...we've used it maybe 3 or 4 times ...some places don't want them used as they believe they damage grass, and we never felt a need to use a mat on concrete.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #32

We always used an astro turf type of rug outside our old motorhome because we boondock on dirt, rock & sand. We are currently looking for a larger one for our new motorhome.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
We've got a 9x12 patio mat from Walmart. Around $45 if I remember correctly. It's reversable and easy to clean on the driveway with a hose. Use it most times camping or tailgating, except this weekend. Let neice and her husband use it for under their tent. We also have several rubber backed heavy duty mats scattered about within our camp site.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #34

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We use our mat all of the time, makes the site seem more homey. One question, I have seen several references to "grass" what is that? I don't recall seeing anything called grass in Arizona.

Glenn
Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #35

Something like this...
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #36

We finally decided on a mat.

Thanks to all of your suggestions and a lot of researching, we've decided to try a mat. But we're still not convinced we'll like it, so we bought an inexpensive one (but seemingly well made) at Walmart. This link shows the blue one, but ours is the brown version.
Walmart.com: Patio Mat with Carry Strap, 9' x 12', Blue: Decor

Although Walmart didn't have any reviews on it, the reviews in general on polypropylene mats were positive. They allow dirt to fall through the holes, and it can be cleaned off with a hose. It will at least give our little granddaughter a place to crawl around.

We've been buying things for the RV in anticipation of our long trek across country in August. It will be our first adventure in the RV! Thanks for all of your posts!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddleddd View Post
Hello Everyone!
For long-term camping (a week or 2 at a time), do you think it makes sense to have a patio rug?
After camping without one and two days of rain and drizzle in the north east when we first started camping, we bought TWO of them and wouldn't be without them. The campsite turned into a sloppy mass of mud and gravel which stuck to our shoes and was dragged in.

They cover mud and keep sand gravel and grass bits out our your TT. They also allow you to run around outside the TT barefoot or in thin yard shoes. They cover the gravel or ground which can be nasty if someone spilled grease or tossed ciggie butts around the site. We use one under the awning and the second one next to it with our First-Up on it. Under the FU, with the wind screens, we have our outdoor kitchen set up. They hose off and dry quickly.

We wouldn't be without our patio rugs.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
I bought a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet 10 years ago used with 3 different rigs - set it up whenever there is no grass. Never had a water log issue as it is undernieth the awning and sweep it before being rolled up when packing up. Very comfy on the feet and keeps the motor home floor a whole lot cleaner.
Our preference....but you will make have to make your own choice
Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
[QUOTE=fiddleddd;1226662]Thanks to all of your suggestions and a lot of researching, we've decided to try a mat. But we're still not convinced we'll like it, so we bought an inexpensive one (but seemingly well made) at Walmart. This link shows the blue one, but ours is the brown version.
Walmart.com: Patio Mat with Carry Strap, 9' x 12', Blue: Decor QUOTE]

This is the same mat that I have and I am very pleased with it. I have had it for a year and it still looks new. Enjoy!
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #40

We have a piece of Astro Turf (aka fake grass) which I call the 'Magic Carpet' because weve had it for so long and it won't wear out, its close to 30 years old. We like the carpet because it automatically 'cleans' most things stuff from your shoes before you get to the welcome mat. Easy to store and wash etc...not a hassle for us
Old 06-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #41

Just picked up a 6x8 piece of astro turf from Lowes for $18... couldn't take our first trip without one.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #42

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
A patio mat may not always be necessary, but the campsite that I pulled into today is part gravel, part grass, and very unlevel. The mat has been fantastic here. They mowed today and there is lots of loose dead grass and the mat protects my motorhome. It makes the area around my site so much better.

Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote