Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
My two cents... Buy the Gen-Turi, you'll be happy you did...

It really is worth the money and it looks better than a hillbilly look-a-like...
I was totally going for the hillbilly look!

I got the parts for a gen-turi look-a-like. I have a lot of tools for fabrication, so should be able to make it look pretty neat!
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #16

We tailgate at PSU several times a season.... However i beg to differ with the poster who said that selfmade Gentuir's are "hillbilly". My husband fabricated a Generator Exhaust system that looks as good ...if not better than the OEM. He has received several compliments and requests for instructions every time we set-up. And it cost him 1/8 of what CW charges.

Not all DYI projects equate to hillbillism! As a matter of fact I would prefer to think of my DH's projects as "custom". I am OCD...if it is not as good or better than what we can buy or contact it doesn't belong in my house or MH.

Anyway... you will have a great time at PSU in the overnight lot. Our next trip will be for the PSU_OSU game. Look for us...we will be the ones flying two flags. Had kids at both...PSU and OSU! And don't worry about the TV.. there will be someone close by with a 40...52...60 inch setup that will extend an invitation to you!!!! Everyone is ever so friendly... no matter who they are supporting.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #17

I have the same affliction for perfectionism. I like things to look like a professional did them so I will research something to death until it is. I'm about 90% done on the gen-turi. Spray painted this weekend to get some nice colors to match the RV. Exhaust is on so I just need to figure out a temporary mount for the 3" PVC pipe.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
I have the same affliction for perfectionism. I like things to look like a professional did them so I will research something to death until it is. I'm about 90% done on the gen-turi. Spray painted this weekend to get some nice colors to match the RV. Exhaust is on so I just need to figure out a temporary mount for the 3" PVC pipe.
The Gen-Turi comes with a bungee and two eyelets to secure the tube to the side of your RV. I didn't like the idea of mounting the eyelets with double-sided tape or screws. Instead, I use these suction cups from Harbor Freight to secure the Gen-Turi tube to the side of the RV.

4-1/2" Diameter Suction Cup
Old 10-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodfrey View Post
The Gen-Turi comes with a bungee and two eyelets to secure the tube to the side of your RV. I didn't like the idea of mounting the eyelets with double-sided tape or screws. Instead, I use these suction cups from Harbor Freight to secure the Gen-Turi tube to the side of the RV.

4-1/2" Diameter Suction Cup
Nice, I'm going to take a step up and order two of those stainless ones $4 more.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #20

Tailgate success!! We just arrived home today after the Ohio State vs Penn State game. I must say, tailgating is a whole new level in this area of the country. There were RVs as far as the eye can see. Might have taken us an hour and a half from the time we turned into the overnight lot to the time we had jacks coming down to level ourselves. The stop at Tom's travel center was fantastic and thank you. We picked up 100gal water on the way to State College and emptied the grey/black on the way out of town. $10 to dump wasn't bad but there was a line of about 6 RVs when we arrived. Popular place!

The "hillbilly-genturi" worked perfectly however we had a very windy day and the Harbor Freight suction cups wouldn't stay on the RV. After a few falls, we gave up on trying to attach the exhaust. Neighbors didn't care because our generator exhaust didn't point into their trailer area.

Our first time boon docking went great also. We decided to do paper plates/cups to reduce dishes. That seems to be by far the biggest use of water we have. Had some issues with the fridge because the ice maker decided to leak about a quarter of our water tank into the passenger side lockers lol.

We even had some random strangers who needed a TV for the game. We welcomed them in of course. It was madness, but we're glad we did it. At least once a year I think we'll hop on the tailgate train. Thanks to the iRV2 folks for helping us with the planning!

Tags