Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #1

Pick up and Travel Trailer Insurance-What are you paying & Company?

I just got my new Country Financial Insurance insurance bill for my new pick up and new TT

2016 Ram 2500 6.4l pick up $1,318/year

2017 Creekside 23rks new cost $32,000 $648/year

I have high limits like $500,000 for bodily injury, I have a clean driving record and I am based in Georgia.

What are you paying per year? Please let me know the age of your pick up and TT, insurance company and would you recommend it.

Thanks
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
'15 Ram 2500 6.7
'16 Denali 289RK

Plus an '06 Forrester and a '12 Goldwing run me about $1400/yr thru Farm Bureau of Tennessee.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #3

Age of drivers, number of drivers, drivers record, years driving, Credit Rating, Locale, Coverage Limits, Deductibles etc. ALL have effect on Ins. Premiums

So what I or anyone else pays will not be helpful as it is not comparing apples to apples.

Case in point.....When truck and 5th wheel were brand new and we had FULL COVERAGE for FULL TIME RVrs (Same type as a HOME OWNERS Policy, Full Replacement, Custom Equip PLUS auto etc.) it was roughly $700/yr truck and $800/yr 5th wheel with minor increases over 7 yrs.

Coverage on truck now is $460/yr.....FULL Policy, high limits/low deductible

Best to get MULTIPLE quotes using SAME coverages/limits/deductibles and go from there.
Hartford (truck with them now)
Foremost
National Interstate (with them for our truck/trailer FTrs coverage)
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:34 PM   #4

Agree.... you can't compare what others pay. It's based on many factors. Just start calling around for the best place for YOU alone.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:10 AM   #5

Thank you oldbiscuit. You saved me from dragging out my standard reply to those seeking an answer to insurance rates.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:32 AM   #6

My wife and I purchased a Fifth-wheel in February 4 years ago. We live in N.Y. And the dealership was in PA. We made arrangements with the dealership to pickup the unit in April. (Due to snow and cold weather), The dealership was fine with the arrangements. Come April we pick up the fifth wheel. The credit union we did the finances through sent us a letter and a substantial penalty for not having insurance from the finalized sale in February to April when we actually picked up our purchase. We explained to the Credit Union that the fifth wheel sat in the dealership lot for 2 months and was never put on the road. They did not want to hear about any explanations and for the first year hit us with a substantial penalty for (the lapse of insurance). Keep in mind that the RV we bought was the same unit that was in a show in New York, we assumed that if the Dealership was towing this unit around it must have been insured. The Dealership was of no help and the credit union stood its ground saying once we signed the papers and even though it never left the lot, we were responsible for the insurance. So keep this in mind when purchasing and leaving the unit at the dealership for a later Time.
pfc263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #7

Thanks for the replies.

I understand that there are variable. I did outline a little about my situation and I can evaluate the information people provide to see how it applies.

Location, age, driving history, deductibles, coverage, equipment etc all play a factor.

I'm trying to decide if my rates are in the ballpark or do I need to competitively bid new policies.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I understand that there are variable. I did outline a little about my situation and I can evaluate the information people provide to see how it applies.

Location, age, driving history, deductibles, coverage, equipment etc all play a factor.

I'm trying to decide if my rates are in the ballpark or do I need to competitively bid new policies.

Always 'competitively' bid insurance coverage......get MULTIPLE quotes from as many companies as possible using SAME criteria with each.

Then research HOW they do business.....customer service/claims etc.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, travel, travel trailer