Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2011, 06:12 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi dennis46c,
It is important to follow the instruction on the screen when using the truck pumps. The process is different than using auto or RV pumps. The second process mentioned in your post seems to be the correct one.

Look at post # 42 in this thread.
Gary,

Thanks for the input. There weren't any messages on the screen until I swiped a card, either the cc or the RV card, although it may have indicated to enter truck number. Both ways worked, the first one let me start the pump and pay at the pump, my preference. The second one allowed me to start the pump and didn't have a limit, as if I had gone in to pre-authorize, but in the second method I did have to go in to pay. Both ways work so I'm not sure I can say one is correct and one isn't UNLESS you are talking about the impact on price. I mentioned in my original post that I don't know what price I got at the pump so maybe the 2nd one is correct to get the lower price. I don't look at the price signs going in so I don't pay attention to the price on the pump. I retire in a few more years and then I will be very interested in prices but for now, I just want to get in and out fast. I have a 40ft so I almost never go to the RV pumps since you always risk hitting something getting in or out.

Dennis
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #58

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis46c View Post
Gary,

Thanks for the input. There weren't any messages on the screen until I swiped a card, either the cc or the RV card, although it may have indicated to enter truck number. Both ways worked, the first one let me start the pump and pay at the pump, my preference. The second one allowed me to start the pump and didn't have a limit, as if I had gone in to pre-authorize, but in the second method I did have to go in to pay. Both ways work so I'm not sure I can say one is correct and one isn't UNLESS you are talking about the impact on price. I mentioned in my original post that I don't know what price I got at the pump so maybe the 2nd one is correct to get the lower price. I don't look at the price signs going in so I don't pay attention to the price on the pump. I retire in a few more years and then I will be very interested in prices but for now, I just want to get in and out fast. I have a 40ft so I almost never go to the RV pumps since you always risk hitting something getting in or out.

Dennis
Hi Dennis - I'm Lynsay with Pilot Flying J. I actually can answer your question about the pricing for the truck pumps. Your registered RV card will start the pump on the truck lanes. This allows you to fill up to $750 and not incur pump shut off that are imposed by credit card companies. This will also get you the cash price (a $.06 discount) plus a $.03 discount on each gallon of diesel. Procedure is swipe your RV card, fuel, pull forward and pay inside when you're done. The discount won't appear as a line item on your receipt, but the discount will be reflected in your overall total.

However, if you swipe your credit card when you pull to the truck lane, it will start the pump but you will experience a shut off and you won't receive the cash price or the $.03 discount. With this option you do pay at the pump, but receive no discounts.

We are working to allow swiping your loyalty card and credit card at the pump to complete your transaction, but that is a few months away. We are getting a new technology system this summer that will allow us to do that.

Please let me know if this helps or if I can help answer any other questions. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #59
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you very much for that information.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #60

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Question-- With the new syste when you use the new RV card at truck pumps, after you swipe the card does it display that discounted price on the pump or is it caculated when they complete the transaction. Please answer if you know don't speculate please.
Hi there - I'm Lynsay with Pilot Flying J, and I can answer this question for you. When you swipe your RV card at the truck pump, you will receive the cash price (a $.06 discount) plus a $.03 discount for your RV card. The procedure is swipe your loyalty card only, fuel, pull forward, and pay inside when you're done. The discount will not appear as a line item on your receipt, but will be reflected in the overall total of your fueling.

You first need to be sure your card is registered for pump start to work. Please let me know if I can help with any other questions!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #61

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
That cut off is probably set by your PenFed Visa CC.
I have never seen a pay at the pump at the truck lanes that will give a receipt. RV Islands Yes.
Hello - I'm Lynsay with Pilot Flying J. I just wanted to clarify a change on this post. Yes, the shut offs are due to credit card companies. However, at the RV islands, if you use a VISA, the limit has been raised to $495 before shutting off. If you use MC, Discover, or AMEX the shut off will come at $150. Procedure is swipe your credit card, type in zip code (if it asks for it), and then swipe your loyalty card to receive your discount. Your receipt will print at the pump.

However, if you use the truck lanes, the procedure is to swipe your loyalty card ONLY, fuel, pull forward, and pay inside when your done and receive your receipt. NOTE: this is the only way to receive a discount at the truck lanes.

In both scenarios, the discount will not be a line item on your receipt, but is reflected in your overall total.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Lynsay for coming on board. Now maybe we can get the real answers. Thanks again.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Lynsay, thanks for helping.

Thanks also goes to GaryKD and others who have been working on getting things working smoothly.

Will be heading out June 1 for 5 months and will be buying lots of diesel.

I do have two questions:

I've registered my card on-line, do I still need to present my card to the cashier the first time to activate it?

Do I still need to buy 500 gallons of fuel before the pump start feature will work?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I use FJ, Loves, and Pilot as last resorts...when I'm low on fuel and no other big rig stations are close. The above, IMHO, are dirtier, less friendly, more expensive and more crowded than smaller stations run by Mom and Pop. We look for a M & P location that is busy, thus sell lots of diesel.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Linsay, I just picked up the frequent fueled card. The lady said I still had to qualify with 500 gal purchases before pump start, but did look a little confused. Mine is the same question, pump start with frequent fueled card? Thanks for clearing up the confusion. Sorry for this inquiry I found answer on another thread from you earlier 500gal is not part of the program.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #66

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoon View Post
Lynsay, thanks for helping.

Thanks also goes to GaryKD and others who have been working on getting things working smoothly.

Will be heading out June 1 for 5 months and will be buying lots of diesel.

I do have two questions:

I've registered my card on-line, do I still need to present my card to the cashier the first time to activate it?

Do I still need to buy 500 gallons of fuel before the pump start feature will work?
You are very welcome! And no, if you have registered online and added your RV card to your account you do not need to present your card to the cashier the first time and there is no 500 gallon requirement. You are good to go!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #67

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog View Post
Hi Linsay, I just picked up the frequent fueled card. The lady said I still had to qualify with 500 gal purchases before pump start, but did look a little confused. Mine is the same question, pump start with frequent fueled card? Thanks for clearing up the confusion. Sorry for this inquiry I found answer on another thread from you earlier 500gal is not part of the program.
She is incorrect. Sorry about that. You do NOT have to fuel 500 gallons.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #68

Fleetwood Owners Club
ok everybody, I just registered my Frequent fueler advantage RV Card on line. It said ok to pump start and it looks like I'm good to go! I had already registered on the pilot /flying j website a couple of days ago. Get a card and plug in the numbers. Thanks to Lynsay, as with most merger/buyouts lots of confusion and layers of details
Old 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ View Post
She is incorrect. Sorry about that. You do NOT have to fuel 500 gallons.
Thanks for helping with our problems and questions. I have a Flying J "RV Real Value" card the I've had and used for many years. Do I understand that it is valid but needs to be registered? I went to the cited site above but could not figure a way to register my *old* card. If this works, please guide me through the steps since I see only a way to apply for a new card or sign in if previously registered. Otherwise, how do I proceed?

Thank you.

JT
Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Petro has great restaurants. A nice place to fuel the coach tank and your own tank.